Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages 123>»
DaDokta´s U-96 Options
DaDokta
#1 Posted : 13 February 2015 07:41:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi there!
Looking at the build diaries of David and Riff-Raff, i couldn´t wait any longer and started with my own build of this monster!

I will implement the torpedo-section modification. Sadly, at the first shipment the two main frames were broken. So i´m still waiting for those parts which should arrive in a few days.

For that reasons i for now had to leave out the bow section and just glued the rest of the frames of the right hull.

To keep the keel straight i will, like David, also build a jig to hold the hull while planking.

DaDokta attached the following image(s):
IMG_5876.JPG
IMG_5877.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
daffy09
#2 Posted : 13 February 2015 12:21:06

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great to see you getting started there DaDokta. Hope your bow section parts arrive soon. Mine came within a week, although they specify on the site a 4 week delivery of parts.
Will be following your build with interest.
Happy building
David
PS: Thanks for mentioning riff raff and my self. Don't forget Pemberg, his doing a fine job as well and worth looking at. Like you and me, he's doing the torpedo conversion too.
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 13 February 2015 20:08:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice startCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#4 Posted : 13 February 2015 23:45:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great to see you get going with this one, will be watching how you get on.... Good luck with it...

Regards

Alan
DaDokta
#5 Posted : 15 February 2015 09:48:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I compeletd my build as far as i have the parts.
Will have to wait for the next shipment now!
IMG_5883.JPG
IMG_5888.JPG
IMG_5889.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
tf64
#6 Posted : 15 February 2015 09:55:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi DaDokta,
Nice work DaDokta I will find this build interesting.

Regards
Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

daffy09
#7 Posted : 15 February 2015 14:26:01

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

She's taking shape now DaDokta. Lovely work
Happy building
David
birdaj2
#8 Posted : 15 February 2015 18:09:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

DaDokta

coming along very well.

Its a massive kit I must say. I have been looking at some of the builds on YouTube that have been running for some time and I am well impressed by how good this looks.

You will have yourself a beautiful model when complete.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
DaDokta
#9 Posted : 19 February 2015 10:12:09

Thanks guys!
While waiting for the next parts, i built a jig to keep the keel straight during the planking.
File Attachment(s):
IMG_5901.JPG (2,436kb) downloaded 17 time(s).
IMG_5899.JPG (2,498kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
IMG_5900.JPG (2,508kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
daffy09
#10 Posted : 19 February 2015 13:46:54

Just the job, DaDokta
Happy building
David
Gandale
#11 Posted : 19 February 2015 23:05:01

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nice work DaDokta, the jig will make all the difference in keeping something of this length straight.... Keep the pics coming.... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
DaDokta
#12 Posted : 20 February 2015 07:42:51

Thanks David and Alan!

DaDokta
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
DaDokta
#13 Posted : 26 May 2015 14:20:16

Hi guys!

It´s been a while - that`s because i didn`t receive any shipments for the last four months!
After several mails to the Distributor i finally got the next four issues:
IMG_6039.JPG
IMG_6040.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
daffy09
#14 Posted : 26 May 2015 15:37:45

Hi there Walter,
Glad to see you've got your deliveries sorted and can get back to work on her.
Look forward to seeing more!
Happy building
David
DaDokta
#15 Posted : 20 June 2015 18:59:38

The opened vents of the first bow-section:
IMG_6069.JPG
IMG_6070.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
daffy09
#16 Posted : 20 June 2015 19:07:52

Welcome back Walter, good to see more of your build. Superb job on those ballasting vents and the end result is well worth the effort put in.
Look forward to seeing more soon
Happy building
David
arpurchase
#17 Posted : 20 June 2015 20:46:33

BigGrin Looking good WalterCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

pemberg
#18 Posted : 20 June 2015 23:05:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice job on those vents Walter. Nice to see your build back under way
Graeme
Black Shadow
#19 Posted : 28 June 2015 13:46:58

Hi DaDokta,
Like Graeme's and Davids's build, I have been catching up with the progress of your model. I like the jig you have made for the planking stage. It is important to keep the framework level at this stage and once the skin is applied, it will become more rigid.

Drilling all the flood holes is a time consuming job and needs a lot of patience. When I built my Radio Controlled Robbe Type XX1 all the flood holes were already opened out, which at over six foot long saved a lot of time. It was a beast of a model, which performed brilliant on the water and attracted many onlookers when diving it. Unfortunately some moran broke into my shed and stole this model a few years ago, together with a 1/48 scale Radio controlled Ton Class Minesweeper, as well as quite a few of my modelling tools. I was gutted, but was at least compensated through my insurance, but you can't put a price on all the time it took to build them. I have since sold all my Radio Controlled model ships and once this U96 is built, I will be concentrating more on building car and motorbike models, as I haven't got the room for any more large ship models.

Good luck with the rest of your build, I will start my own log soon, but it won't be a step by step log, just a progress report every so often.

Geoff
Built : Robbe 1/40 scale Type XX1 Radio Controled : Scratch built 1/48 scale Ton Class Minesweeper Radio Contolled : Caldercraft (Jotika) Bomb Vessel Grando display model.
Building : Hachette Part Works U96.
To Build : DeAgostini 1/4 Honda CB750 : Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidson Super Glide : Tamiya 1/12 1967 Lotus 49 F1 Racing Car : Revel 1/24 Shelby Cobra : Revel 1/24 Ferrari 250 SP GTO
DaDokta
#20 Posted : 30 June 2015 19:21:09

Good evening,

after opening all the vents and painting the inside of the bow parts as well as the front frames, i finally could attach the first few plastic parts to the hull:
IMG_6093.JPG
IMG_6094.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds: