Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Figure painting Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 13 February 2015 11:43:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Figure painting is something I`ve had a go at, only at the most basic of levels.

Whilst having a web browsing session, I came across the following book.

Although it does specify on WW2 figures, the techniques should be the same for a multitude of figurines.

Here`s a link for you to view.

WW2 figure painting book

Hope you enjoy.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#2 Posted : 13 February 2015 20:24:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Im always looking out for books like this, nice find and orderedCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 13 February 2015 20:38:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Im always looking out for books like this, nice find and orderedCool

Glad to be of assistance, Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

ModelMania
#4 Posted : 13 February 2015 22:01:47

Groups:

Nice find Derek, looks a very useful book and especially for any budding figure modellers who want to have a go but don't know where to start - I think this manual will be a great help? Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Nemesis
#5 Posted : 13 February 2015 22:49:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice find, must get one me thinks!!BigGrin
ian smith
#6 Posted : 13 May 2016 14:45:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Derek.
I am looking into doing some Napoleonic uniform figures.
The book looks quite interesting. Did you find this book informative and would you recommend getting it.
Regards Ian.
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Tomick
#7 Posted : 13 May 2016 15:04:02

Groups:

A video review of the book, just a shame its content has been shot upside down lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXK8rBI7g9M
delboy271155
#8 Posted : 13 May 2016 18:56:43

ian smith wrote:
Hi Derek.
I am looking into doing some Napoleonic uniform figures.
The book looks quite interesting. Did you find this book informative and would you recommend getting it.
Regards Ian.

Hi Ian,

Didn`t purchase this book, it was something I noticed whilst browsing and thought it might be of interest to others hence the post. The book review Mr T linked may give you a better idea all be it very strangely upside down.

A quick look on Amazon does bring up a specific painters guide for Napoleonic figures and a Vallejo paint set.

Just a couple more ideas that you may find useful;)

Book

Paints

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

ian smith
#9 Posted : 14 May 2016 14:34:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Derek and MR T.
Thank you both for coming back to me on this. The video on the book was informative, might be a book for some reference and tips thanks for that MR T.

Derek I had already seen the paint sets, but not the other book thank you very much for pointing that one out to me, will have to troll the book shops now.
Thank you both again for your input.
Regards Ian
arpurchase
#10 Posted : 14 May 2016 18:58:53

These may be of interest too Ian: -

http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=15398
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

ian smith
#11 Posted : 14 May 2016 20:25:56

Thanks Andy.
I will have a look into them.
Thanks Ian.