Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Kenjaras Sky Rider Drone Options
kenjara
#1 Posted : 19 February 2015 13:40:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Sorry for the delay but I just come up with an easy way to replicate what I put on my blog on here so here goes nothing. BigGrin

I have just started a new subscription build. This is a 12 month subscription to build a medium sized quadcopter with camera mount. The body of the quadcopter is designed by Pininfarina.

With the first pack you get parts of the undercarriage, side body, rotor arms and a rotor guard.

The first step is to add the Pininfarina to the body side.

This is attached using three snap rings by carefully pushing them onto the the logo pins until they lock into place.

The logo attached to the side body.

(You may think this looks a little weird because I was an idiot and left the plastic protective sheet on and did not realised until some time later.) LOL

Next the a hinge is attached to the first motor arm. This needs to be tapped in with a hammer.

My little model hammer was not up to the job, I will need something a little heavier to make inserting the other pins easier. I have also put the two end stops in metal the sidebar here.

Now for the first side of the under carriage. There is a red ball that needs to be attached to one end. This will help you know which way the quadcopter is facing when in flight.

I have also found myself a tub to put all the spare screws and small parts from this build in. I usually have one of these pots for every model I make.

Next the medal sidebar is attached to the undercarriage skids. This is attached by tightening a couple of grub screws.

The final part of this pack is one of the rotor guards. Here the circular piece of plastic basically clips and locks into the rotor guard body.
Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
longblade
#2 Posted : 17 March 2015 17:05:05

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wish I could get my pictures that size....
kenjara
#3 Posted : 17 March 2015 19:48:57

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

If you are hosting your images somewhere and displaying them with the image tags you should be able to resize it like this.

[img_]https://somewebsite.com/img_5863.jpg?w=660&h=440[/img_]

Where w is the width and h is the height.

I added the underscores in the image tags to prevent the forum from trying to get the image.

LrdSatyr8
#4 Posted : 17 March 2015 19:54:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

kenjara wrote:
If you are hosting your images somewhere and displaying them with the image tags you should be able to resize it like this.

[img_]https://somewebsite.com/img_5863.jpg?w=660&h=440[/img_]

Where w is the width and h is the height.

I added the underscores in the image tags to prevent the forum from trying to get the image.

Problem is the IMG tags aren't turned on in the forum's main configuration settings by the host/admin. I found the only way to show pics is by attaching them as files, which also is cool because then all the images are hosted and you don't have to worry about linkage from another site.
davetwin
#5 Posted : 17 March 2015 20:38:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

When you write a message you can either select the 6th icon from the left above and it will put the img tags in or do it manually, I use them all the time when updating my build log and have done for almost a year now with all my pictures hosted by photobucket

Sorry for the high jack kenjara
kenjara
#6 Posted : 17 March 2015 20:54:59

No worries I can vouch that img tags have been turned on for the forum since the beginning.

I prefer to host my files on my own site as it gives me more flexibility than attaching them here.

I have never used the attach option as far as I can recall.

kenjara
#7 Posted : 23 April 2015 23:22:01

I finished pack 4 of my Skyrider today.

There was not much to do so I used some spare bits and put the arms I have in place to see how big the drone is going to be. BigGrin

In this stage you get the first speed controller, the chassis and some other bits that are to be used later.

One of the tasks at this stage it so add the first side of the landing gear to the chassis.

I have a spare landing gear pack due to the mix up with pack 1 so I added the other side too.

Upon doing this I noticed that the magazines have a mistake in them. According to the magazines I should have the front left and rear left arms when I actually have the front right and rear left.

The landing gear attached to the chassis.

Battery straps from a previous pack are attached to the chassis.

Gandale
#8 Posted : 24 April 2015 00:17:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good Kenjara, can see she is going to be a fair size when complete..... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
kenjara
#9 Posted : 24 April 2015 13:11:18

Thanks Alan.

Yes it's going to be a big one, good job the arms fold down to make it easier to transport!

Marsot
#10 Posted : 18 May 2015 16:00:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Watching your build with interest. You are about 6 weeks ahead of in deliveries and construction. I'm really keen to see it finished and fly it!!BigGrin
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Building: Sky Drone, HMS Victory, Mary Rose

Wishlist: Spitfire

http://www.sotheran.com
kenjara
#11 Posted : 04 November 2015 14:01:01

Part 9 contains the camera gimbal. This allowed me to attach my action cam to the quad copter.

Here the esc wires are attached the the battery connector wire. There is connector left unconnected. This will connect to the esc control board which is contained within pack 8.

Pack 9 also contains the red section of the SkyRiders main body. This is attached to the black section from stage 1 with double sided tape.

Gandale
#12 Posted : 04 November 2015 16:49:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

She's certainly coming along, won't be too long now before you try her on her maiden flight.... Looking good.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#13 Posted : 04 November 2015 17:41:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That looks really cool Cool, looking forward to your first video BigGrin
AstonV8
#14 Posted : 29 February 2016 20:22:12

Red Medal: Red Medal

Hi kenjara looking good ThumpUp looking forward to an update any time soon BigGrin BigGrin
Currently building The Spitfire.

Finished Hummer H1 http://forum.model-space...amp;m=177787#post177787
Finished Red Bull RB7
http://forum.model-space...amp;m=177591#post177591
kenjara
#15 Posted : 10 May 2016 07:46:40

Hi guys I have not put the rest of the build up yet as I was planning to after the first flight. However it seems o got a dodgy sensor board which was causing it to go crazy so waiting on a replacement. At the moment it's a rather expensive paperweight!

delboy271155
#16 Posted : 10 May 2016 17:47:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

It`s a shame you`ve had a delay, but at least you have the issue being sorted out.

Look forward to seeing the conclusion when the replacement board arrives.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Mekon
#17 Posted : 11 May 2016 11:14:51

Kenjara, I would say I had the same issue. triple checked the wiring, all tests carried out pre-flight then put the rotors on, turned them on to idle and, after around 5 seconds, one of the rotors spooled up to full speed and just flipped the drone over. No input on the transmitter at all.
michu
#18 Posted : 11 May 2016 11:34:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Mekon, do you have the issue sorted now?
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

Mekon
#19 Posted : 11 May 2016 11:45:09

Not yet Michu, I need to follow up. I have been in the US on business for the past few weeks so not had much time. Now I have seen that there may be a board issue, I will reach out to Customer Service.
michu
#20 Posted : 11 May 2016 12:04:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Please do and share the outcome! :)
Good luck, the drone is great to fly, you won't be disappointed.
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)