Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Sliding side windows Hummer H1 Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 10 March 2015 10:08:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Hi Folks

Just made another little modification on my Hummer BigGrin
Because of the engine Heat from the Hummer you can read in the construction manual from the Hummer that it is important to remove the side windows before you fire up the Hummer.
I decided to make some Sliding windows for the Hummer. I don’t want to remove the windows every time when I want to go for a ride. The only problem was to find a sliding rail that is thin enough to carry the windows. While I was sitting in my hobby room I saw a Folder who had a edge Protector made of Aluminum. This was thin enough to carry the windows. The next step was cutting the window into two halves right through the middle. Then I cut two rails in the length of the whole Window. The next step was laying down the two rails on a flat surface side by side, and then clueing one half of the window upon the two Rails. After the glue was hardened I put in the other half of the window into the two rails. What now happening is, the last part of the window slides behind the first half of the window you glued on the Rails. Finally the whole component was glued into the Hummer body in the window frame. The only thing now to do is mounting a bow outside. Now I can open and close the side windows from outside. The picture shows the Prototype of the sliding windows where I took plastic Mirror glass to try. Everything is working very well. That’s the way I am also going to do on my second Hummer.

Best regards
Andreas

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
Tomick
#2 Posted : 10 March 2015 10:11:33

Groups:

Looks like your really enjoying your Hummer. Nice idea and well done Cool
kenjara
#3 Posted : 10 March 2015 13:27:52

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Very cool that's a clever mod. I just put mine on once to take photos then packed them away somewhere hehe.
Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

http://www.model-space.com/gb/