Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages <12345>»
LrdSatyr's Millenium Falcon Build Log Options
LrdSatyr8
#41 Posted : 16 November 2015 17:12:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Ok all... big update... I realize that I should update daily, but work keeps me too busy to do so, so I update at least weekly if possible. So... on with the progress...

I know I wanted to greeble out the hell of this sucker, so I finally found some really good refrerences online... I believe they were by Maruska if I'm not mistaken... but they helped me get a lot of the details that I needed to put into this. Here's a couple of reference pics I used for my detailing.

With those pics I was able to at least get close to the detail I needed and I set to work on the details. The hardest part was getting the toppers right... I think I did but on with the pics.

One thing you have to remember is that I had to do this 3 times... but I realized that I wanted the chair in the lounge to look the best so I made it my hero chair. Its also a but taller with a few more added greeblies that I will add later. Note the top is hollow just like the real chair.

And here is all the pics of the chairs with all the detailing done before painting (don't worry, they are coming up next).

More to come...
LrdSatyr8
#42 Posted : 16 November 2015 17:15:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

And now the completely painted and finished chairs (except for the Lounge chair... still gotta add more greeblies to that).

I even drilled out the holes in the topper so that light shines thru properly. I hope you all enjoy this... let me know what you think! I really do enjoy reading your comments!
scraperjawa
#43 Posted : 16 November 2015 19:28:56

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

You have done an amazing job on those chairs. They look as good or better than the Shapeways chairs I purchases for my build. You are definitely taking scratch building to a whole new level. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Stephen
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon

LrdSatyr8
#44 Posted : 16 November 2015 19:49:19

scraperjawa wrote:
You have done an amazing job on those chairs. They look as good or better than the Shapeways chairs I purchases for my build. You are definitely taking scratch building to a whole new level. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Stephen

Thanks bro... I tried to get them as close as I could with what I had. My current goal is to at least finish the cockpit so that it looks halfway decent and put my new stickers to the test. There will definitely be more to come. Thanks again... Love the compliment!
scraperjawa
#45 Posted : 16 November 2015 20:05:04

You definitely have some talent working with the putty. Are you planning on making figures for your build? I think you could definitely come up with something.

Stephen
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

LrdSatyr8
#46 Posted : 16 November 2015 20:21:35

scraperjawa wrote:
You definitely have some talent working with the putty. Are you planning on making figures for your build? I think you could definitely come up with something.

Stephen

I've been thinking about it but I've never been very good with human forms... but I may attempt it!
LrdSatyr8
#47 Posted : 17 November 2015 05:52:50

OK... I finished the Hero Nav Chair for the Cargo Lounge. Added the radar dish to the top, and made a set of headphone/microphones out of a piece of beading wire that I hammered flat and then carved the "speaker" end with my Dremel. I also added all the rivets... wish I could have gotten them more uniform but at this scale even using a needle doesn't work consistently. So on with the pics and lemme know what you think!

LrdSatyr8
#48 Posted : 18 November 2015 15:26:52

I did some comparative pics last night and came to the conclusion that I'm gonna have to rebuild the lounge chair fro m scratch. It's too tall. Which is odd because the cockpit chairs are close to perfect. Here's the pics to show you what I mean.

The top of the chairs should be right about where the top of the top lightbar is on the back wall... mission accomplished.

However, as you can see above, the top of the nav chair should be about the same height as the top of the nav console. It's about a foot too tall and with the radar dish is even taller then the doorway... so that leads me to 1 of 3 options... 1) Either leave it as is and continue on with the build... 2) Buy one of the Shapeways printed ones and give up... or 3) Build a new one from scratch. Seeing as I'm not a quitter, I think I'm gonna have to go with 3! Stay tuned!
scraperjawa
#49 Posted : 18 November 2015 18:12:40

That's a bummer. That chair looks awesome. Love the detail on it. I sure your persistence will pay off in the end though.

Stephen

Spudtrooper37
#50 Posted : 18 November 2015 18:14:26

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Top BANANA BigGrin
Darren

Have an AWSOME day and may the Force be with you always 😉

Building: Millennium Falcon https://forum.model-spac...sts&t=14381&p=7 - Building: BTTF Delorean - Building: Dom's Dodge Charger
- Building : X-Wing https://forum.model-spac...aspx?g=posts&t=34899
davetwin
#51 Posted : 18 November 2015 18:51:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow that's some serious greebling BigGrin great result ThumpUp
LrdSatyr8
#52 Posted : 18 November 2015 21:48:54

Thanks guys... I think the reason the cockpit ones look right and the lounge one doesn't is I used t he cockpit as my form of measurement when I really should have used the nav con... but cie la vie... one more chair won't kill me and I may be able to use a few of the pieces off this one to detail it out instead of starting completely from scratch. Nice thing about putty is that even thou it is sticky and stays in place, once dried it can be popped off and it will retain the detail. I may be able to salvage the topper (those ware the worst to build) so the rest should be rather easy from there.
bwize
#53 Posted : 23 November 2015 22:45:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Been following your thread over on therpf and enjoying it. Your hold is looking incredible. Bummer about the chair, but as others have expressed, damn fine job on the details. Maybe it's Chewie's chair, lol.
LrdSatyr8
#54 Posted : 24 November 2015 02:19:00

bwize wrote:
Been following your thread over on therpf and enjoying it. Your hold is looking incredible. Bummer about the chair, but as others have expressed, damn fine job on the details. Maybe it's Chewie's chair, lol.

LOL... either that or Han suffered some ill-effects after being frozen in carbonite! :) Thanks bro!
LrdSatyr8
#55 Posted : 24 November 2015 21:49:09

Sorry I haven't posted anything for awhile... was taking a break from building another nav chair for thanksgiving. Will post more after the holiday I promise!
Warthog
#56 Posted : 25 November 2015 11:36:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Looking very nice Indeed. Some nice details and the Nav chairs are looking great Cool

Spencer
LrdSatyr8
#57 Posted : 25 November 2015 15:16:22

Warthog wrote:

Looking very nice Indeed. Some nice details and the Nav chairs are looking great Cool

Spencer

Thanks Spence! Truly appreciate that!
LrdSatyr8
#58 Posted : 28 November 2015 04:07:26

I've been dipping my toe in the upgrade printed arena. I made a new cockpit backwall to match my replacement stickers. Here's what it looks like... lemme know if anyone would be interested.

LrdSatyr8
#59 Posted : 28 November 2015 18:39:54

Now that I am able to do 3D models, I decided that there's a few pieces that I really wanted to work on that really needed some work so I made a new bunk wall for the cargo lounge...

Yeah I know, I know... why a new bunk wall... there's already a couple on there available for printing. Well... here's why... none of the ones that are available are very accurate until now. Here's a comparison for ya

Image removed because it contains a cropped screen grab from the movie that was color corrected and brightened to show detail and is considered a copyright violation... my apologies!

If you'd like to see the image in question, you can find it everywhere online, but just not here.

So I'll let you all decide which one you want to get! Lemme know what you think.
LrdSatyr8
#60 Posted : 28 November 2015 22:06:52

Ok all... I must apologize if I've violated any forum rules and from this moment on I'll stop updating this build on this forum. I apologize if I've done anything to endanger the license that DeAgo has with Disney. I will continue my build and finish it, and post the details elsewhere... perhaps even post the final photos here when it's done, but until then if you want to follow my build here, you won't be able to. Again, my apologies.