Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Figurine experiment Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 07 April 2015 21:58:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Taken delivery of this relatively cheapy kit. £11.99p

NB: There is a copyright on the box only which I assume is for the kit itself. Should anything enclosed within this thread be in breach of that copyright, then just say so and I`ll remove it.
I`m purely posting this as a construction and painting demo to the best of my ability.

Ok, the box art:Pic 1

The parts, not bad. Very little flash and no sinkage found on first inspection:Pic 2

Instructions: well, they show you where the parts are on the fret as nothing is numbered and there is a paint colour chart. The colour chart is really good as it includes seven different paint suppliers:Pic 3

Last good thing is that this kit comes with a pretty decent stand:Pic 4

So, that`s the end of the info. (Apologies for pics as taken on the rush).

Further to the above, I have also purchased a spray gun art book from Amazon.
The idea being that I want to improve my paint spraying, so purchased a cheaper kit that will benefit from paint layering. This one especially as the dog from pictures I`ve sourced was dappled grey.

In conclusion, this has two ways to go. Well maybe three:

1: Brilliant
2: Ok
3: I`ll let you decide on that one.Confused

Will be taking this on slowly as need to learn some new techniques on the way, but be assured this one will be shown "Warts and All" until I get the best result I can.

Diary to follow at some point soon. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
IMG_4240.JPG
IMG_4241.JPG
IMG_4242.JPG
IMG_4243.JPG
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

stevie_o
#2 Posted : 07 April 2015 22:11:36

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 07 April 2015 22:17:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

stevie_o wrote:
Looking forward to it Del, I have a couple of 1/16 figures and would love to airbrush them, just never done it beforeBigGrin No pressure thoughLOL

Steve

Hi Steve, BigGrin

"DOH" Crying

It`s still coming "Warts and All".

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Tomick
#4 Posted : 07 April 2015 22:21:13

Groups:

The perfect kit to compliment the new Model Expo 1/16 DR1 kit..
http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=11911
stevie_o
#5 Posted : 07 April 2015 22:25:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Tomick
#6 Posted : 07 April 2015 22:31:09

Groups:

Certainly a great excuse Laugh LOL
jase
#7 Posted : 07 April 2015 22:31:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

good luck with the airbrush painting, i look forward to your master class BigGrin

J
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
delboy271155
#8 Posted : 07 April 2015 22:40:12

Tomick wrote:

Cheers Mr T, BigGrin

Good job it could take some time to perfect my spray painting skills.

Gives me time to save up. Crying

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#9 Posted : 07 April 2015 22:50:07

stevie_o wrote:
Tomick wrote:

Love itLaugh If ever there was a better reason to by a kit - tell your missus you need the DR1 to go with the figureLaugh

Steve

Ok Ok,

C`mon you brave hearts, "You TELL her".

She`s a good old "East End girl" and you don`t "Tell" them anything.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Hey Ho, give me time I`ll see what can be done.Crying

Would love the kit, but have bought other figures to fit the kits I`ve bought.

Ooohh temptation temptation. Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

ModelMania
#10 Posted : 08 April 2015 12:16:18

Groups:

Hello Derek, and nice to see yet another figure build starting up - well done!! Cool ThumpUp

That looks an interesting figure, especially with the dog beside it and certainly I'll look forward to watching your build unfold. Spencer did a good job on one of those 'Mini-Art' WW1 German 1:16 figures a while back - the Ernst Udet figure - which you might find useful as a method reference for painting yours as the uniforms are similar if not the same? You can find it here:

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=10562

Which reminds me, I must find some time to get on and paint some more of my 1:9 Ivan Kozhedub figure.

Kev BigGrin