Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Those little plastic clips that attach the front suspension Options
mattsr
#1 Posted : 15 April 2015 12:08:52

Groups: Registered

Am I right in thinking that there are a couple of spares included- there are 8 of these little clips on the sprue but it seems only six are needed. Or are the other two needed later in the build? Just asking because the carpet monster seems to have swallowed one...

I'll keep looking but I'm not even sure which direction it flew off in. Confused
mark8454
#2 Posted : 15 April 2015 12:20:29

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi mate,

I'm sure that they are spare, they aren't needed further down the line :)
mattsr
#3 Posted : 15 April 2015 13:17:44

mark8454 wrote:
Hi mate,

I'm sure that they are spare, they aren't needed further down the line :)

Thanks Mark- I thought they might be, especially since spare screws are usually provided, but I thought I should check. They are a right b****r to find if they fly off, what with being transparent..Cursing

I'm still looking for the one I lost earlier, but whether I track it down or not, I will certainly be extra careful with them from now on!!
ModelMania
#4 Posted : 15 April 2015 14:30:06

Groups:

Yes, they are spare Matt and you won't be needing them later in the build. It's just a case of DeAgostini being very knowledgeable of such things and being able to foresee that there would be an above average probability of the carpet monster needing a light snack at roughly about the same time that many MP4/23 builders would be fitting their front suspension arms to the chassis, so they included a couple of extras just for him (or is it a she?)!!

Isn't it nice that DeAgostini should do that?! Huh Blink LaughLOL

Kev BigGrin
mattsr
#5 Posted : 15 April 2015 14:37:30

ModelMania wrote:
Yes, they are spare Matt and you won't be needing them later in the build. It's just a case of DeAgostini being very knowledgeable of such things and being able to foresee that there would be an above average probability of the carpet monster needing a light snack at roughly about the same time that many MP4/23 builders would be fitting their front suspension arms to the chassis, so they included a couple of extras just for him (or is it a she?)!!

Isn't it nice that DeAgostini should do that?! Huh Blink LaughLOL

Kev BigGrin

It was very nice of De Agostini to do that, Kev, and I am most grateful, since the carpet monster certainly snacked on mine!

However, the front suspension is now successfully attached, and I even have one spare clip remaining. I may sacrifice it to the carpet monster later to placate it, in the hope that when I drop my next little bit, I will be allowed to find it uneaten. RollEyes
ModelMania
#6 Posted : 15 April 2015 14:52:21

Groups:

Sounds like a good plan Matt, so yeah, keep it until you are about to do something very fiddly and awkward and then just before you start, deliberately drop the clip on the floor and I guarantee that you will not lose anything during the whole of the building session, trust me, I've tried it and it really works - especially with tiny bits of photo-etch!!! Blink Huh Wink Wink

Kev BigGrin
mark8454
#7 Posted : 15 April 2015 17:01:48

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Photo etch is the bane of my life! Hahaa