Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
Jedieb's Millennium Falcon Build Log Options
tunko
#41 Posted : 12 September 2016 02:35:17

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hiya!

I have been very happy with my cutters. I also build Metal Earth sheet-metal kits, and the cutting
tool they sell is very precise and very sharp. I have not ruined a Falcon part yet.

Go to Amazon and search for Meatal Earth Tool Kit. $12.

jedieb
#42 Posted : 01 October 2016 19:17:25

I'm back!
Ugh, I got busy with a ton of things, but I finally got back to work today. I've been working on the cannons. I took them apart and filed down the mold lines. They were really bugging me. Then I went ahead and took a shot at drilling holes for the barrels. I didn't think I could get 2 holes for each barrel so I just did one.

I'm going to be painting the barrels, but I'm waiting for some tips before I get started on that. I do plan on doing some work on the frame today. I saw that someone had decided to paint their frame black. I'm thinking of doing the same because I like the look, and it'll also give me a way to brush up on my painting skills.
Markwarren
#43 Posted : 01 October 2016 22:03:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work, they are not easy to do. Done mine a while ago, started with a very tiny drill piece to centralise it then used a bigger drill piece to finish off. Once you've painted it up it will look so much better than not drilled out. Well done ThumpUp
jedieb
#44 Posted : 03 October 2016 04:15:28

Speaking of painting, does anyone know a good place online to purchase paint? It's just so much easier for me than going to down to Michael's or a local hobby shop. There just isn't anything around me that isn't an annoyingly long drive.
Nytetrain
#45 Posted : 03 October 2016 16:26:55

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hobbylinc.com is one of the places I buy from. I would check them out.
Best Regards,
Ron

On the bench: DeAgostini '67 Ford Shelby Mustang, Hachette Space Battleship Yamato 2202, Agora Models T-800 Terminator
Finished builds: DeAgostini Toyota 2000GT
In the Stash: Losing count...
LrdSatyr8
#46 Posted : 03 October 2016 20:00:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

jedieb wrote:
Speaking of painting, does anyone know a good place online to purchase paint? It's just so much easier for me than going to down to Michael's or a local hobby shop. There just isn't anything around me that isn't an annoyingly long drive.

I got my paints from DOA online! Very nicely pantoned matched to the original colors! Highly recommend them!