Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Dead-Eyes !! Options
eugene.lombard
#1 Posted : 08 October 2010 16:11:29

Groups: Registered

Huh

Have attached pic of dead-eyes mounted on model of HMS Pandora. Could somebody enlighten me EXACTLY how to fit the bottom dead-eye to the channel re-inforcements?
The Constructo assembly instructions not very clear.

Thank you
Eugene

NAUTICAL STUFF:
Line – What you feed your spouse in order to obtain funding for additional boat-related purchases ....LOL LOL LOL LOL
eugene.lombard attached the following image(s):
Mounting Dead-Eyes.jpg
NEVER play leapfrog with Unicorns !!
karl1113
#2 Posted : 08 October 2010 17:44:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

that is a covering beading fitted after the deadeyes are fixed.the deadeyes are fixed by a wire frame which surrounds the deadeyes and then fitted to the brass straps,these straps are folded over the ring wire. hope you understand this description.would have been better if you put up a pic of your fittings.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
eugene.lombard
#3 Posted : 08 October 2010 20:43:08

Have'nt got to my fittings yet, that's why I have posted a pic of a Pandora I traced on the Internet as an example. Thanks for your response. I am not sure I follow your explanation. Is there perhaps another model I can view where my problem might be viewed in pics, or perhaps some drawings somewhere?

NEVER play leapfrog with Unicorns !!
willie
#4 Posted : 08 October 2010 21:26:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service Medal

you drill your channel to take the dead eyes strapes slot the hole so they slip in turn them to face the right way then cover slots with a faceing strip