Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Michael's SOTS Build Options
jonny7england
#21 Posted : 02 December 2017 08:08:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

She is certainly taking shap Michael...Great work!! ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
michael.rolph
#22 Posted : 01 February 2019 19:12:25

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Its been a while since I've updated. The first layer of planks has been completed and mostly smoothed out. It will still need some more work once the gun ports have been cut out.

The gun ports on one side has marked out.

I have attached the photos of the gun port positions hopefully they are all in the right position
File Attachment(s):
gunport2.jpg (2,757kb) downloaded 62 time(s).
gunport3.jpg (3,087kb) downloaded 49 time(s).
gunport1.jpg (3,313kb) downloaded 51 time(s).
Markwarren
#23 Posted : 01 February 2019 19:31:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looking very nice.ThumpUp

Mark
Gandale
#24 Posted : 01 February 2019 23:26:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Making good progress Michael, well done....Cool Cool ..

Would be better if you reduced the size of your pics to 150kb. That way they would show on your post rather than have members downloading to view. Many members won't download.....

Regards

Alan
Tomick
#25 Posted : 02 February 2019 00:15:17

Groups:

Nice update Cool
michael.rolph
#26 Posted : 06 February 2019 11:47:32

Quick update, both sides have been marked out and I have roughly removed all the gun ports from one side and in the process of filing them to the correct size (currently I have 10 complete)

Gandale wrote:

Would be better if you reduced the size of your pics to 150kb. That way they would show on your post rather than have members downloading to view. Many members won't download.....

Regards

Alan

I normally do resize the photos but I left these ones large so that the layouts of the ports could be seen better. I was going to include a smaller photo of the whole hull but I forgot to
michael.rolph
#27 Posted : 19 August 2019 13:44:44

Its been a while since my last update (kept forgetting to take photos).
I have completed the 4th pack (stage 45)
michael.rolph attached the following image(s):
side1.JPG
front.JPG
deck.JPG
Gandale
#28 Posted : 19 August 2019 23:24:11

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Must say you've completed Pack 4 to a very nice standard, she's really coming along very nicely indeed.... Very well done....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#29 Posted : 20 August 2019 17:31:04

BigGrin Very nice clean build Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe