Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

alighnment of slots for stringers of fuselarge Options
Ron
#1 Posted : 27 April 2015 22:03:10

Groups: Registered

Hi, have assembled pack 2 and find the slots for the stringers are not in a perfect alignment. Have clamped all together as required, any suggestions ,everything seemed to fit correctly but alignment is not right, help,Ron
michu
#2 Posted : 27 April 2015 22:16:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Could you please post a photo showing the issue?
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Ron
#3 Posted : 27 April 2015 22:41:01

Have taken apart rear section of plane to try again to see if can correct item will keep you informed, not yet been able to attached photos as new to the forum ,thanks for your reply regards Ron
tf64
#4 Posted : 27 April 2015 23:29:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Ron, if you go to page 1 of my build you will see that I had an alignment problem as well.

First job was to put a set square across the former to check for alignment and file out the slots, you will find with this build there are some small manufacturing difference at times depends on how the run was set up at the factory, this is what you have to look out for at all times.

hope this is of help to you,

Regards
Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).