Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Thraken-Sal's Millennium Falcon Build Options
Thrakensal
#1 Posted : 28 April 2015 03:39:52

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Well here we go. I've done a little work on my first 4 issues and decided to start up a build log. So here's a few pics of my progress so far.........

davetwin
#2 Posted : 28 April 2015 06:45:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start

You can never have to many build logs BigGrin
Gandale
#3 Posted : 28 April 2015 09:22:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks like you are off to a great start, nicely done.... Enjoy the build...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Thrakensal
#4 Posted : 28 April 2015 22:20:49

Thanks guys. I just received my shipping notice for shipment 2 so I'm going to have more pics soon. I also broke down and ordered some of Tony's mods from Shapeways; I'll soon have a better looking Cockpit cabin and some various chairs and tools in the hold; when I get the hold..... lol
Impatience
#5 Posted : 28 April 2015 22:24:12

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thrakensal wrote:
Thanks guys. I just received my shipping notice for shipment 2 so I'm going to have more pics soon. I also broke down and ordered some of Tony's mods from Shapeways; I'll soon have a better looking Cockpit cabin and some various chairs and tools in the hold; when I get the hold..... lol

Ugh! Everyone needs to stop talking about the purchasable mods!!! Crying Crying I'm trying to resist buying any of the mod parts to keep it simple, but seeing what you guys are doing is making it SOOO hard to resist!!! I can see how they would make these builds look even sweeter! LOL LOL

BTW, I agree with everyone above, great start! My 1st pack should be shown up any day now!

--Imp
Current Build: Millennium Falcon
Wish List: Lamborghini Countach LP 500S, Red Bull Racing RB7
Thrakensal
#6 Posted : 29 April 2015 00:38:04

Impatience wrote:
Ugh! Everyone needs to stop talking about the purchasable mods!!! Crying Crying I'm trying to resist buying any of the mod parts to keep it simple, but seeing what you guys are doing is making it SOOO hard to resist!!! I can see how they would make these builds look even sweeter! LOL LOL

BTW, I agree with everyone above, great start! My 1st pack should be shown up any day now!

--Imp

Thanks. Yeah I tried to resist the mods too, but Tony makes some great stuff and I had bought some of it for my Hasbro Falcon build and I just folded when I saw the cockpit put together. I will be keeping the back wall and cockpit frame though. :) lol
jedieb
#7 Posted : 29 April 2015 02:18:30

Can't wait to see which mods you bought. I'm planning on picking up a few, but I'm a month or two away from beginning my build.
darbyvet
#8 Posted : 29 April 2015 15:17:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Impatience wrote:
Thrakensal wrote:

--Imp

Don't be swayed Impatience!!BigGrin The parts are nice but they are expensive and are pretty challenging to paint.I think the stock cockpit looks fine.You may want to tone down the red on the front chairs a bit, but I think it looks pretty good as is.
Thrakensal
#9 Posted : 03 May 2015 01:37:21

Got my second shipment today, all the parts and magazines, but no binder. Do the binders ship separately?

I will post pics as soon as I get things going on the build. A bit under the weather today so not really in the mood for fiddling with the little tiny parts.
Impatience
#10 Posted : 03 May 2015 02:56:29

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Sweet! Can't wait to see the progress with the next pack! Hope you feel better soon.
Current Build: Millennium Falcon
Wish List: Lamborghini Countach LP 500S, Red Bull Racing RB7
arpurchase
#11 Posted : 03 May 2015 08:51:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin A very nice start there and hopefuly the malady will pass quicklyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Thrakensal
#12 Posted : 03 May 2015 20:09:55

I'm in a quandary. Looking at the cockpit, I see the simplicity of the original parts and how they come together, and I also see the sheer detail of the modded parts by Tony; and I can't decide if I do want to replace the cockpit with shapeways parts even though I have them on order. I'm thinking I may just replace the seats and leave it at that, but I'm still just not sure. I guess I'll wait to see the new cockpit parts when they come in and then decide.
darbyvet
#13 Posted : 04 May 2015 02:00:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have the same quandary.It seems like a ton of work to use detail parts on the cockpit and it is so hard to see the detail anyway.Decisions decisions.I think I may build it stock and put the lights in and see how it looks

Carl
CharlesRAnderson
#14 Posted : 26 May 2015 18:58:21

Hey guys this is my first post on these forums. I just ordered my Millennium Falcon and it shipped yesterday. Should get it soon!

I am browsing the forums to learn what I can before I get started.

What are these mods that "Tony" makes? And where can I find them? I would like to check them out.
Charles R.

Building: DeAgostini Millennium Falcon...hasn't built a model since 1996...this is gonna be interesting!!
darbyvet
#15 Posted : 26 May 2015 19:12:31

Hi Charles,
welcome to the forum.I am forum support for USa so let me know if I can help you in any way.

I hope you will consider posting a build diary.There are quite a few USa Falcon builders now

Carl
stevie_o
#16 Posted : 26 May 2015 19:59:30

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thrakensal
#17 Posted : 26 May 2015 23:08:22

Hello, Charles.

Tony does 3D printing objects for the Deago MF and he has a store on www.shapeways.com for his parts. Just go there and do a search for Deago and it will pop up his different mods there. Some are quite nice and will give you the ability to make the model truly yours.

I hope to post some more pics later on when my SW parts come in and my third shipment will be here soon also so it's going to get busy before too long. I received a box from shapeways last week, but it wasn't the things I ordered. Somehow I got some small parts that weren't mine and my parts are somewhere in the ether. Hopefully they will show up soon.
CharlesRAnderson
#18 Posted : 28 May 2015 02:30:19

Thanks for the kind welcome! I do plan on posting a build diary at some point. I haven't built a model kit since I was in my first year of college so it's been a while. I need to learn alot about weathering and modeling and painting techniques. I have some old models that I never finished. Think I am going to use them to learn on.

Steve, I noticed on the center turret hull piece you did some work to wear off the paint on the colored panels. What method did you use to do that?
Charles R.

Building: DeAgostini Millennium Falcon...hasn't built a model since 1996...this is gonna be interesting!!
Thrakensal
#19 Posted : 28 May 2015 03:05:45

On the turret, I lightly sanded it until it looked worn. Don't go too heavy or you'll remove the other details. Once I start weathering it will blend a lot more and look well used.

John
galactiboy
#20 Posted : 28 May 2015 16:55:56

Great to see that sanding can work for the turret colors... I haven't tried it yet, but I figured it would probably help to knock back they yellow and reds.

Great work so far!