Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages <1234>
1/32 Douglas DC-3 on sale! Options
ModelMania
#41 Posted : 09 May 2015 13:47:50

Groups:

A great video Tom, the old PanAm livery in that film looks very nice and I think the DeAg kit (which appears to be published with the same livery), will look very nostalgic when finished - it looks a great choice?! Cool Drool ThumpUp

Those inside photos will be very useful as well to those who build this kit. ThumpUp

Kev BigGrin

Silent_Running
#42 Posted : 09 May 2015 14:43:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Mr T,

Will there be the option of spreading the cost over 24 packs when this fabulous model is launched? BigGrin
Tomick
#43 Posted : 10 May 2015 11:25:07

Groups:

snapdragon wrote:
Any idea of price yet Mr T?

I may order two if the price is right and have a bash at converting the interior into one of the D-Day Para drop aircraft.

Cost will be £59.99 per month x12 including p+p
Tomick
#44 Posted : 10 May 2015 11:26:39

Groups:

Silent_Running wrote:
Hi Mr T,

Will there be the option of spreading the cost over 24 packs when this fabulous model is launched? BigGrin

There may be a 24 month option at a later date as we did with the Drone.
snapdragon
#45 Posted : 10 May 2015 15:31:08

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for the info Mt T.

12 month option is too expensive for me.

Total cost over 12 months is £719.88. Can't do that! Despite it's size and multimedia parts and attention to detail I can't justify that amount for a 1/32 aircraft.

Even The most detailed recent release from ZM which was their 1/32 Horten Flying wing with full internal detail and external covering (plastic I know) I bought from them for £85 and HK models' Dornier 335 for £129 (Telford).

I am sorry, but I can't afford this, much as I do want it!
Silent_Running
#46 Posted : 10 May 2015 16:05:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Tomick wrote:
Silent_Running wrote:
Hi Mr T,

There may be a 24 month option at a later date as we did with the Drone.

Thanks for the info Mr T, I'm looking forward to this, what a beauty! Drool Drool Drool
Silent_Running
#47 Posted : 10 May 2015 16:26:52

snapdragon wrote:

Total cost over 12 months is £719.88. Can't do that! Despite it's size and multimedia parts and attention to detail I can't justify that amount for a 1/32 aircraft.

Even The most detailed recent release from ZM which was their 1/32 Horten Flying wing with full internal detail and external covering (plastic I know) I bought from them for £85 and HK models' Dornier 335 for £129 (Telford).

To be fair though snap the total cost of the Dakota is the going rate for any part-work series.

Building a master model,planning all the stages of construction, printing the instructions/magazines, marketing etc, plus paying the salaries and consultancy fees for all those involved in bringing this project to life is a huge undertaking and very expensive.

I know it is not often discussed, but it is fair and right for DeAgostini and Model-Space to get a proper return on their time and investment and make a profit. The plain fact of the matter is that if this does not happen, we have no new models to build. Cool
delboy271155
#48 Posted : 10 May 2015 17:54:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Silent_Running wrote:
snapdragon wrote:

To be fair though snap the total cost of the Dakota is the going rate for any part-work series.

Building a master model,planning all the stages of construction, printing the instructions/magazines, marketing etc, plus paying the salaries and consultancy fees for all those involved in bringing this project to life is a huge undertaking and very expensive.

I know it is not often discussed, but it is fair and right for DeAgostini and Model-Space to get a proper return on their time and investment and make a profit. The plain fact of the matter is that if this does not happen, we have no new models to build. Cool

Hi All, BigGrin

Could not have put it better myself Glen.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Tomick
#49 Posted : 10 May 2015 20:20:21

Groups:

snapdragon wrote:

It's cost is on a par with the majority of partworks, and considering the amount of detail you are getting, its one fantastic kit!

Taking into account your lack of success with partwork aircraft from all suppliers, perhaps its best that you stick with plastic kits.. Confused

Silent_Running
#50 Posted : 10 May 2015 20:43:52

Tomick wrote:
snapdragon wrote:

It's cost is on a par with the majority of partworks, and considering the amount of detail you are getting, its one fantastic kit!

Taking into account your lack of success with partwork aircraft from all suppliers, perhaps its best that you stick with plastic kits.. Confused

And considering the quality, and attention to detail I think its actually very reasonably priced Mr T. The quality will be jaw dropping!! Drool

I cant wait for the subscription page to go live. If the initial photos are anything to go by then, we will get a good look at this beauty in all her glory, with large full colour photographs.

I can imagine there are a lot of members on this forum clutching money in their hand, waiting for the off. And just for the record...I'm one of them!!! BigGrin Love
delboy271155
#51 Posted : 11 May 2015 09:41:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

snapdragon wrote:

Hi Snap, BigGrin

There can be no comparison between this type of kit and a plastic one, on price.

At £720, (give or take) it has to be one of the cheapest on the market.

As for comparing the cost as it`s 1:32 scale, scale is only relative to the original size. My Lancaster build is 1:32 scale with a three foot wing span and cost £400 (inc the stand) and that was "YEARS AGO"

There is always the 24 month option to spread the cost.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

michu
#52 Posted : 11 May 2015 10:28:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

And don't forget you're buying into a wonderful, fun activity that will last you for a year. It's worth it.
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
delboy271155
#53 Posted : 11 May 2015 10:33:55

michu wrote:
And don't forget you're buying into a wonderful, fun activity that will last you for a year. It's worth it.

Or even two years if you take the extended option.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

ModelMania
#54 Posted : 11 May 2015 14:03:57

Groups:

snapdragon wrote:

Hello James,

You could always ask your friends at HK Models if they'd consider releasing a 1:32 DC-3? Just tell them that it's a very popular aircraft amongst aviation modellers and given that you are already doing a test build of their 1:32 Mosquito for them, if they did take your advice and release a DC-3, I'm sure they'd quite happily chuck one your way for 'nowt just to see how well it goes together? Wink Wink

Kev BigGrin

Tomick
#55 Posted : 11 May 2015 17:13:10

Groups:

Haynes have a DC-3 workshop manual...
Tomick attached the following image(s):
Haynes.jpg
ModelMania
#56 Posted : 11 May 2015 21:43:21

Groups:

Tomick wrote:
Haynes have a DC-3 workshop manual...

I don't have the DC-3 manual myself but I do have the Haynes manuals for the Lancaster, Mosquito, Spitfire and the recently released book about the history of the Merlin engine and I can thoroughly recommend them as very useful sources of reference. I am sure that the DC-3 manual will be equally as useful to anybody building the DeAg model of this iconic aircraft. ThumpUp

Kev BigGrin

Tomick
#57 Posted : 21 May 2015 17:46:40

Groups:

An optional lighting kit will also be made available to purchase BigGrin
michu
#58 Posted : 02 June 2015 23:14:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Biting my nails already Drool
My birthday is on 2nd of July. Just sayin' LOL
That release becoming available would be a nice gift...
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Tomick
#59 Posted : 03 June 2015 09:20:03

Groups:

The kit also contain's a 1/32 scale rivet tool BigGrin
michu
#60 Posted : 03 June 2015 09:45:54

You're such a tease, Tom... BigGrin