Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

28 Pages «<2324252627>»
Colson's Millenium Falcon Build Options
JediMaster2806
#481 Posted : 20 March 2017 08:22:51

Groups: Registered

Hi Colson,

let me first say that you were my inspiration for building the Falcon from the beginning.

I am from Germany and I studied your work 4 weeks before I began to build my own falcon. I loved your work and I wanted to get as good results like you did.

Now for the gunner station: I bought the paragrafix parts, too, but since the Original DeaGo Parts support the structure I did not want to use them. So I decided to make a mix from Paragrafix and the original DeaGo Parts:

Jedis modified Falcon

See Posts #291 and #292

Now it is an honor for me to post in your thread...

colson
#482 Posted : 20 March 2017 16:26:25

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

JediMaster2806 wrote:
Hi Colson,

let me first say that you were my inspiration for building the Falcon from the beginning.

I am from Germany and I studied your work 4 weeks before I began to build my own falcon. I loved your work and I wanted to get as good results like you did.

Now for the gunner station: I bought the paragrafix parts, too, but since the Original DeaGo Parts support the structure I did not want to use them. So I decided to make a mix from Paragrafix and the original DeaGo Parts:

Jedis modified Falcon

See Posts #291 and #292

Now it is an honor for me to post in your thread...

Nice. Combining the 2 worked out really well. Looks great. Definitely sturdier than just the paragrafix. The paragrafix alone is actually fairly fragile. I like your ramp as well.
Rahn
#483 Posted : 21 March 2017 04:36:20

Now that's what I was thinking about.

But, how do you cut the PE in pieces without warping the panels?

A knife, shears?
colson
#484 Posted : 21 March 2017 05:06:23

Rahn wrote:
Now that's what I was thinking about.

But, how do you cut the PE in pieces without warping the panels?

A knife, shears?

I'm not sure how JediMaster did it, but if I were doing it, I'd probably use a dremel.
JediMaster2806
#485 Posted : 21 March 2017 06:56:40

Good Morning,

I used both: a dremel and a knife. Very carefully, of course... Some pieces can be separate easily by bending the notches.
The frames have to be made a touch smaller BigGrin. They have to be sanded all around, so that they fit in the gunner station.

And thank you for your compliment, Colson. This is for me a really great honour Blushing, since I used your diary as a masterplan for my own falcon.

Actual I am modifying the ramp with walls and a working motor, I think I will finish this part in one or two weeks.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask meLaugh

Best Regards

Jürgen

colson
#486 Posted : 21 March 2017 16:59:35

JediMaster2806 wrote:
Good Morning,

Actual I am modifying the ramp with walls and a working motor, I think I will finish this part in one or two weeks.

Nice. I didn't go all out on the ramp since my Falcon will be in the flying position. Had I done one landed, I probably would've done the ramp as well as all of the floods around the bottom.
AndreaR2
#487 Posted : 24 March 2017 17:59:55

Groups:

Hello Colson,

I'm Italian so sorry for my EnglishBlushing
Your blog were my inspiration, like for JediMaster and many others I think.
I like all of your work, especially your interior's modifications and the way you light them.

Now that I found your diary I'll have to read all the post Love
Best regards,

Andrea
colson
#488 Posted : 24 March 2017 18:29:10

AndreaR2 wrote:
Hello Colson,

I'm Italian so sorry for my EnglishBlushing
Your blog were my inspiration, like for JediMaster and many others I think.

Andrea

Thanks. If it helps others, that's great.
colson
#489 Posted : 25 March 2017 05:18:20

So my Paragrafix photo etch engine grill showed up in the mail the other day. I just put it together and placed it in the rear of the Falcon just as a test. This is not secured yet or painted yet. But what a difference between the OOB backlight and this photo etch with backlight. VERY HAPPY with how this it gonna turn out. Check it out.

birdaj2
#490 Posted : 25 March 2017 12:05:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That certainly does look like a big difference.

Glad you are enjoying your build.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Geoff44
#491 Posted : 25 March 2017 17:08:44

Being fairly new these forums, I am slowly finding various builds among the hundreds of different builds on here and mostly I look on subjects that I am interested in, which are cars, motorbikes and similar related builds.

Sci Fi has never really interested me, so I don't usually follow this genre, but thought I would have a look at some of the fantastic projects, that I have come across.

Without doubt Colson, this is a remarkable build you are doing of the Falcon and the way you are adding lots of extra detail is beyond doubt, more incredible.

I have to give credit where it is due, there are some great modelers on here and you must rank among one of the tops.

So well done on a fantastic model. Cool Drool

BUILDING - HONDA CB750 - HAYNES V8 VISIBLE ENGINE

NEXT BUILD - JAGUAR E-TYPE

GEOFF
rclain
#492 Posted : 25 March 2017 17:46:04

Paragrafix photo etch engine grill looks great!

I'm really enjoying your build. Please keep up the great work.
Regards Rob

Current Build: Millennium Falcon
colson
#493 Posted : 25 March 2017 17:49:07

Geoff44 wrote:
Being fairly new these forums, I am slowly finding various builds among the hundreds of different builds on here and mostly I look on subjects that I am interested in, which are cars, motorbikes and similar related builds.

Sci Fi has never really interested me, so I don't usually follow this genre, but thought I would have a look at some of the fantastic projects, that I have come across.

Without doubt Colson, this is a remarkable build you are doing of the Falcon and the way you are adding lots of extra detail is beyond doubt, more incredible.

I have to give credit where it is due, there are some great modelers on here and you must rank among one of the tops.

So well done on a fantastic model. Cool Drool

Thank you Geoff44. This is the first model build I've done in over 20 years, since being married and having kids. It's nice to get back into it. I used to primarily do 1/4 scale movie figures and have never really done much with lighting, but this has been quite a fun experience.
Metal Mech
#494 Posted : 23 April 2017 22:33:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for posting up the photos of the photo etch parts. Was looking st those now that my build has gotten back under way. I am sold on that upgrade for certian now.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
colson
#495 Posted : 24 April 2017 17:03:48

Metal Mech wrote:
Thanks for posting up the photos of the photo etch parts. Was looking st those now that my build has gotten back under way. I am sold on that upgrade for certian now.

Definitely well worth it.

colson
#496 Posted : 24 April 2017 17:08:31

So as you know, I'm displaying my Falcon in the flying position and have made a way of mounting it with a camera mount. Because of this, I wanted to get rid of those lame holes in the bottom for their huge wall mount.

So a little putty and sanding....

Some grinding and cutting...

Scribing.....

Final repaint, and here ya go. A clean bottom hull with no mounting holes.

BEFORE....

And AFTER...

roymattblack
#497 Posted : 24 April 2017 17:11:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

An amazing build.
The etch tail end certainly makes a visual impact.

I'm not building this one myself but it certainly looks great.

Roy.
colson
#498 Posted : 25 April 2017 16:48:14

So I finished up painting my mandibles

As well as my side painting.....

And the docking clamps. I also ground out the battle damage a bit more and added some built up putty around the edges.

Getting so close to the finish line.

Markwarren
#499 Posted : 25 April 2017 18:04:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice weathering, looks excellent. Looks like the end is near.

Regards
Mark
davetwin
#500 Posted : 25 April 2017 19:12:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Really nice job on the mandibles and side panels. The paint work looks just right, nice and subtle and not over the top Cool