Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Anniversary Options
jase
#1 Posted : 08 May 2015 09:43:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

250 years ago today HMS Victory was launched, seems like a good excuse to buy a model of her!

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
kenjara
#2 Posted : 08 May 2015 13:35:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hehe I did exactly that and went for £18 off deal Airfix were offering. I have never built a ship before but seeing as I live right next to the Victory I thought it would be a nice kit to have a go at. BigGrin

Would love to build the big model on here but its a little more expensive than the Airfix model.

It's certainly looks like its going to be different to the cars and tanks I am used to building! Blink
Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Gibbo
#3 Posted : 09 May 2015 00:03:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

A great little model chaps, i've built it twice, the sails are a bit rubbish so i left them off of the second one but could look good with some weathering, enjoy.
Regards
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
jase
#4 Posted : 09 May 2015 00:38:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The Airfix kit is long in the tooth but it is a classic model kit i have built it twice when i was in my teens
Would be intresting to see how you get on with it

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Sinbad
#5 Posted : 10 May 2015 01:25:36

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

jase wrote:
250 years ago today HMS Victory was launched, seems like a good excuse to buy a model of her!

Jase

Well, the way I'm going on my Victory build another 250 years and I'll be finished.Crying