Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages 123>»
Sturmtiger Options
Nemesis
#1 Posted : 04 June 2015 15:42:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Well the Leo dio is on hold for a while, need some parts and really need to find a base for it, so I thought I would Carry on with this. I started it eons ago, put it up and forgot about it and it needs finishing.BigGrin BigGrin

Tomick
#2 Posted : 04 June 2015 16:24:04

Groups:

Great start and looks a cool kit., Bet there was one hell of a bang when that projectile was shot!
GilShapley
#3 Posted : 04 June 2015 19:20:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Bet the bang at the receiving end was even louder

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
ModelMania
#4 Posted : 05 June 2015 17:59:32

Groups:

Great to see this back on the bench Daran, I'm sure it's going to be a stunner when completed!! Drool Cool ThumpUp

Did you manage to get the missing parts for this? I seem to remember it was put on hold when you started it way back for that reason?

Watching with interest my friend, gonna be a good 'un!!

Kev BigGrin
Nemesis
#5 Posted : 05 June 2015 18:49:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hello Kev, yes got the parts a short while ago. Need to sort some stuff for the Leo dio, so I thought I would get this finished!!BigGrin Gil, Tomick, the shell was rocket propelled and from what I have read, not very accurate either!LOL They used to more or less park it next to the target to make sure it hit the right place as with such a short barrel the shell had a slight tendency to "wander"!!LOL LOL LOL The explosion must have been like an earthquake and it was used to flatten buildings and structures!BigGrin BigGrin
jase
#6 Posted : 05 June 2015 20:25:07

Looks great. did you remove the skirt mounting blocks and glue them back in place on top of the etch Zimmerite?

cool build so far

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
davetwin
#7 Posted : 05 June 2015 22:17:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Cool looking build Nemesis, I'm this will amazing when finished judging by some of the other AFVs I have seen you build.

I certainly wouldnt want to be on the other end of that projectile Blink
Nemesis
#8 Posted : 05 June 2015 22:23:03

Hi Jase, no the Zimmerit had holes in it for the blocks, it was a custom set for this kit.
I hope I can do it justice davetwin.LOL BigGrin BigGrin
Nemesis
#9 Posted : 06 June 2015 14:51:58

All done and ready to prime!!BigGrin BigGrin

ModelMania
#10 Posted : 06 June 2015 22:29:07

Groups:

Looking good Daran, me old chum, but there seems to be a quite prominent seam line on each side of the barrel - you sure it's ready to prime?! Wink Wink Flapper BigGrin

Kev BigGrin
Nemesis
#11 Posted : 07 June 2015 12:14:27

ModelMania wrote:
Looking good Daran, me old chum, but there seems to be a quite prominent seam line on each side of the barrel - you sure it's ready to prime?! Wink Wink Flapper BigGrin

Kev BigGrin

Oo well spotted Kev, had forgotten about that!!Blink BigGrin Ok nearly ready for primer!!!LOL LOL BigGrin BigGrin
Gandale
#12 Posted : 07 June 2015 12:27:13

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking fab Nem, another beautiful build in progress....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Nemesis
#13 Posted : 08 June 2015 12:47:00

Primer, pre shading and base coat are done, now for the ambush camo scheme!!BigGrin

ModelMania
#14 Posted : 08 June 2015 23:16:09

Groups:

Lovely stuff Daran, all that fender and exhaust shroud damage looks much better now it's under paint and I'm certainly looking forward to seeing her finished in the camo my friend. Drool Cool ThumpUp

Seeing this reminds me that I must get some of my !:35 military stuff finished!! Blushing Blushing

Kev BigGrin
Nemesis
#15 Posted : 09 June 2015 00:38:57

Thanks for looking in Kev, coat of paint does make a difference!BigGrin
So the basic camo is done, looks a bit bright but once I have sealed it and started the washes they will blend and tone down. Few details to do first, tools, wheel rims, barrel and damaged areas, then the interior cream to do.BigGrin BigGrin

davetwin
#16 Posted : 09 June 2015 10:57:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking very nice indeed. Any chance you will be sharing your methods in a bit more detail from here onwards for the less expereinced of us BigGrin

I for one will most definately be interested in reading them Cool
Nemesis
#17 Posted : 09 June 2015 12:31:25

Hello davetwin and thanks for looking in. I will certainly give tips and advice where I can, anything in particular?BigGrin
davetwin
#18 Posted : 09 June 2015 13:00:44

Nemesis wrote:
Hello davetwin and thanks for looking in. I will certainly give tips and advice where I can, anything in particular?BigGrin

I'm quite interested in the different process you use from this point onwards and how they are done to get the finish you achieve, things like how you apply your wash to get it all toned down and other methods. Guess I'm looking for ideas and tips for getting the fantastic finish you normally get for when I get round to starting my armour BigGrin
Nemesis
#19 Posted : 09 June 2015 13:02:54

davetwin wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

I'm quite interested in the different process you use from this point onwards and how they are done to get the finish you achieve, things like how you apply your wash to get it all toned down and other methods. Guess I'm looking for ideas and tips for getting the fantastic finish you normally get for when I get round to starting my armour BigGrin

That is not a problem, once I have finished the detail on the wheels and bits I will give a more in depth account of the next processes to the finished build!BigGrin BigGrin
ModelMania
#20 Posted : 09 June 2015 16:12:50

Groups:

Nice work Daran!! Cool ThumpUp

Kev BigGrin