Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages «<91011
Dave's Santisima Trinidad Build - First Wooden Ship Build Options
arpurchase
#201 Posted : 15 September 2015 22:49:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin BigGrin Looks good, dont forget you wont need a perfectly smooth finish as you will want a little roughness so the second layer of planks stick down properlyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

davetwin
#202 Posted : 08 October 2015 16:28:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks Guys Cool

I have been making slow progress on this, doing a little bit of sanding here and there.

Thought I would update some pictures of where it currently is, still a bit of work need near the front and back and then will add some P38 and sand some more, although I dont think I will need too much.

The couple of gaps in the planks you can see are not as big as they look in the zoomed in picture and should be taken care of with the filler.

I have also added a couple more ladders to the deck and the cannon balls.

Martyn Ingram
#203 Posted : 08 October 2015 18:20:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking good Dave s little bit more sanding and filler then onto the second planking BigGrin

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
davetwin
#204 Posted : 08 October 2015 22:11:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Looking good Dave s little bit more sanding and filler then onto the second planking BigGrin

Rgd Martyn

Thanks Martyn

It certainly is hard work doing all that sanding Blink
arpurchase
#205 Posted : 08 October 2015 23:06:46

BigGrin Looking good Dave, just an observation but the stern and bow light ply panels will need taking back a lot more so they are one smooth assemblyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

davetwin
#206 Posted : 08 October 2015 23:20:20

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Looking good Dave, just an observation but the stern and bow light ply panels will need taking back a lot more so they are one smooth assemblyCool

Thanks Andy

I did think I had a lot more to go with the front and bow but wasn't really too sure how far, I have just had a look at the diaries and ended up stealing a couple of your photos Flapper as you've done some really good ones that show what it needs to look like Cool

Oh well back to that sanding, slowly but surely Blink
Gandale
#207 Posted : 09 October 2015 00:25:46

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Coming along nicely Dave, it does take a lot of hard work sanding, filling and smoothing out the imperfections but you will find all the effort you put in here will be worthwhile in the end. Keep up the good work and keep your pics flowing, am enjoying following your progress here... well done....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
stevie_o
#208 Posted : 09 October 2015 12:19:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

davetwin
#209 Posted : 09 October 2015 14:54:10

Thanks Alan and Steve

I'm finding the sanding extremely dull and boring so just doing a little at a time BigGrin
Garth
#210 Posted : 01 February 2016 10:31:43

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Dave,
Great job on the planking. Looking the part.
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
ian smith
#211 Posted : 25 January 2017 23:16:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Dave.
Coming along nicely. keep up thee good work.
Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
magpie1832
#212 Posted : 26 January 2017 00:23:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking great Dave. Doing a smart job. I have this in my stash to at some point in the future.(problem is my stash is full of big ships that will take an age to do lol)
Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Tomick
#213 Posted : 26 January 2017 09:32:42

Groups:

Looking good and taking shape nicely Cool
davetwin
#214 Posted : 26 January 2017 21:03:40

Thanks all for the comments. I must admit that I haven't progressed any further with this yet Blushing I've only got a couple more packs to receive too BigGrin

Time and other projects just keep taking over, I'm atually thinking of passing it to my step father to complete as he has decided me the Victory and the Sovereign Of The Seas, in fact it was these builds that inspired me to try a wooden ship in the first place.
Mo
#215 Posted : 27 January 2017 16:14:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Got my tins of compressed air, Boy there good.

Thanks for there tip.

Your build is coming along a treat.🌪

Mo

Mo