Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Sidepod spacer, Issue 83 Options
mattsr
#1 Posted : 16 June 2015 18:08:50

Groups: Registered

So I'm nearly there, just fitting the radiators, but I'm wondering whether anyone can explain what the sidepod spacer is for, and why it was only fitted to one side of the car? I am considering leaving it off, because it will make one side look different to the other. Blink

Was it a permanent fixture, or just used for some of the races? I've looked at various images of both the car and the model and I'm not sure that it's even there in most of them.
ModelMania
#2 Posted : 16 June 2015 18:21:18

Groups:

Hello Matt,

I think the sidepod spacer was only fitted at specific races during the 2008 season not at every race and like you, I haven't seen many photos of the real car with it fitted either, though I've seen plenty without it? When I built my DeAg MP4/23, I built it as a non-race specific car (more generic if you like) and personally I hate the look of the car with the spacer fitted, so I left mine off as well. To me if it's fitted, it just makes it look like there is one missing on the other side and just plain odd to be honest!!

Hope that helps? Cool ThumpUp

Kev BigGrin
mattsr
#3 Posted : 16 June 2015 19:44:32

Groups: Registered

ModelMania wrote:
Hello Matt,

I think the sidepod spacer was only fitted at specific races during the 2008 season not at every race and like you, I haven't seen many photos of the real car with it fitted either, though I've seen plenty without it? When I built my DeAg MP4/23, I built it as a non-race specific car (more generic if you like) and personally I hate the look of the car with the spacer fitted, so I left mine off as well. To me if it's fitted, it just makes it look like there is one missing on the other side and just plain odd to be honest!!

Hope that helps? Cool ThumpUp

Kev BigGrin

Yes, thanks Kev- you have convinced me to leave it off- like you, I thought it would look a bit odd just having the one. If it had been fitted at every race, I probably would have used it, but better without I think! ThumpUp