Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages 123>»
Gibbo's DeAgostini Victory Build Diary Options
Gibbo
#1 Posted : 17 June 2015 22:59:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I have just purchased this off of ebay, DeAgostini's HMS Victory, magazine no's 1-80, magazine no's 1-20 have been built but not to a very good standard judging by the photo's, ( yeah i know, like i'm an expert ) the planking will all have to be taken off and started again, hopefully i can save most of the planking, then all of the ribs have to be checked for alignment, i dont hold out a lot of hope for the structure that it's all square, it might have to all be taken apart and started again, still you never know, i haven't actually received it yet, i wont be starting this for quite a while as i have to do a lot more work on my DelPrado Victory, but when i do i will probably build it in conjunction with my Sovereign, i really couldn't turn it down as it was up for a buy it now price of £80.00.
Gibbo attached the following image(s):
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
davetwin
#2 Posted : 17 June 2015 23:02:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

£80?? At that price I suppose it really doesnt matter if you have to take it all apart and start from scratch, bargain Cool
Gibbo
#3 Posted : 17 June 2015 23:04:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I know, a right result.
Gandale
#4 Posted : 18 June 2015 00:16:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Gibbo, who's a lucky boy then.....BigGrin BigGrin .. Am sure it will be a great build for you and looking at the pics it would be worth taking most of it apart and doing again, shouldn't be too difficult a task and am sure you will be able to salvage a lot of the planks.... Cool Cool .. Good luck with her, I look forward to seeing how you progress with her.. Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Gibbo
#5 Posted : 18 June 2015 00:31:47

Gandale wrote:
Hi Gibbo, who's a lucky boy then.....BigGrin BigGrin .. Am sure it will be a great build for you and looking at the pics it would be worth taking most of it apart and doing again, shouldn't be too difficult a task and am sure you will be able to salvage a lot of the planks.... Cool Cool .. Good luck with her, I look forward to seeing how you progress with her.. Cool Cool

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan
Been going through the diary of your SOTS build of late and been taking lots of notes, a truly cracking build, when the DeAg Vic arrives i'll put up some more detailed pics so we can see exactly where we are with her.
regards
Paul
Martyn Ingram
#6 Posted : 18 June 2015 07:20:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Well done Paul and have fun with the build ThumpUp

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gibbo
#7 Posted : 18 June 2015 10:04:18

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Well done Paul and have fun with the build ThumpUp

Rgd Martyn

Thanks Martyn
ian smith
#8 Posted : 18 June 2015 12:24:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Paul.
Nice find on ebay.
look forward to seeing your rebuild. and future progress Ian. Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Gibbo
#9 Posted : 18 June 2015 12:50:39

ian smith wrote:
Hi Paul.
Nice find on ebay.
look forward to seeing your rebuild. and future progress Ian. Cool BigGrin

Thanks Ian, wont be for a while yet.
stevie_o
#10 Posted : 18 June 2015 17:14:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Gibbo
#11 Posted : 18 June 2015 18:01:50

stevie_o wrote:
Nice find and Im sure you can fix this oneBigGrin Looks like whoever started it was "going it alone" with the planking, it bears no resemblance to the instructions.

Steve

Think i'm gonna have to borrow a steam gun, cheers Steve.
arpurchase
#12 Posted : 18 June 2015 20:07:08

BigGrin Nice find and hopefully not a big fix, will look forward to your build diaryCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

DSoldano
#13 Posted : 18 June 2015 21:12:39

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Paul,

Congratulations on the find and good look with the build. I'm sure you will do it justice.

Dominick

On the Bench: DeAgostini HMS Victory, Moebius Creature From The Black Lagoon
Up Next: We'll See
Gibbo
#14 Posted : 18 June 2015 22:07:01

DSoldano wrote:
Paul,

Congratulations on the find and good look with the build. I'm sure you will do it justice.

Thank you Dominick, it's going to be a while before i start it yet, gives me time to think about keeping it wood or painting it, yours is coming along very nicely.
Gibbo
#15 Posted : 18 June 2015 22:15:56

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Nice find and hopefully not a big fix, will look forward to your build diaryCool

Thanks Andy, really looking forward to the fix on this, should be a good challenge and learning curve.
Plymouth57
#16 Posted : 22 June 2015 19:08:42

Hi Paul.

Great find there and a really good price too!Cool After 'DelPrado-ing' in 1/100 you'll probably need a set of full sized Black and Decker power tool for this monster!BigGrin
Looking forward to watching this one come together, all that space to super detail!!Drool

Best of luck!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Hans
#17 Posted : 24 June 2015 15:03:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Lovely find there Gibbo. I am sure you will do a good surgery restore on her, she deserves it. Good luck with your build.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
sparks
#18 Posted : 24 June 2015 21:53:45

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

That's a great find Paul, bargain of the year BigGrin
You must be looking forward to doing that after the tiny Del Prado BigGrin
I've been taking a break from mine, was getting frustrated that the channels and chain plate assemblies weren't going too well. So thought it best to walk away till I feel more positive about carrying on Mellow
Regards
Alan
England expects that every man will do his duty.
Gibbo
#19 Posted : 02 July 2015 01:27:14

Plymouth57 wrote:
Hi Paul.

Great find there and a really good price too!Cool After 'DelPrado-ing' in 1/100 you'll probably need a set of full sized Black and Decker power tool for this monster!BigGrin
Looking forward to watching this one come together, all that space to super detail!!Drool

Best of luck!

Robin

Thanks Robin, yeah it looks massive up against the DelPrado, hope you're both well, say hi to your Mum.
Cheers
Paul
Gibbo
#20 Posted : 02 July 2015 01:32:19

sparks wrote:
That's a great find Paul, bargain of the year BigGrin
You must be looking forward to doing that after the tiny Del Prado BigGrin
I've been taking a break from mine, was getting frustrated that the channels and chain plate assemblies weren't going too well. So thought it best to walk away till I feel more positive about carrying on Mellow
Regards
Alan

Always a smart move that one Alan, haven't done a lot with mine lately either, the bow detail is causing me grief, it's gotta be scratch built, i think i'm on my fourth or fifth go at it now, I think i'm going to be able to walk around the deck of the Deag when it's done.
Cheers
Paul