Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages «<34567>»
Gibbo's DeAgostini Victory Build Diary Options
Gandale
#81 Posted : 22 July 2015 12:27:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice Gibbo, certainly doing a great job on restoring the garbage you were first presented with. Keep the posts coming, enjoying following your progress with this one....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Gibbo
#82 Posted : 22 July 2015 13:54:32

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Thanks for looking in guys, Tanganyka's ordered for the decks so gonna have a play around with that to get the finish i want.
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
Gibbo
#83 Posted : 25 July 2015 02:42:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

The hull she is fair,and so the planking begins.
Gibbo attached the following image(s):
DSCN1004.JPG
DSCN1014.JPG
arpurchase
#84 Posted : 25 July 2015 10:41:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice start GibboCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Martyn Ingram
#85 Posted : 25 July 2015 16:49:13

BigGrin Lovely start on the planking Gibbo will be following Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
jack.aubrey
#86 Posted : 25 July 2015 18:57:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gibbo,
I discover today this topic from you . . very interesting and I will be following.
I'm really stunned reading and looking how some people can do similar disasters when trying DIY !
Anyway you are performing the "rebuilt" in the right way, like the ancient shipbuilders that had to work on damaged ships . . a double enterprise.
I hope you paid the material for its real value . .
Rgds, Jack.Aubrey.
Gibbo
#87 Posted : 25 July 2015 20:53:21

Andy,Martyn & Jack, thank you for the comments guys and yes thank you Jack i got it for a great price, £80 (113 euros) for the first 80 issues.
Plymouth57
#88 Posted : 25 July 2015 21:41:26

Hi Paul!

She's coming together really well and you're doing a great job!Cool I think sometimes there's more pleasure to be had, and more satisfaction in 'rescuing' a model, (also known as 'up-grading' in the DelPrado's case BigGrin ) than in putting together a top grade model to begin with.
It's so nice to see this one getting better every time instead of ending up in someone's dustbin. It was just such a comment about the DelPrado that got me started on my diary!Blink
Keep it up M8 and look forward to seeing you again!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Gibbo
#89 Posted : 25 July 2015 23:13:36

Plymouth57 wrote:
Hi Paul!

She's coming together really well and you're doing a great job!Cool I think sometimes there's more pleasure to be had, and more satisfaction in 'rescuing' a model, (also known as 'up-grading' in the DelPrado's case BigGrin ) than in putting together a top grade model to begin with.
It's so nice to see this one getting better every time instead of ending up in someone's dustbin. It was just such a comment about the DelPrado that got me started on my diary!Blink
Keep it up M8 and look forward to seeing you again!

Robin

Thanks Robin i'm really enjoying putting this back together and it's giving me the buzz to get back into the DelPrado again, what i love about this is it's got the detailed plans for the masts which i'm gonna scale down and use for the 1/100 rather than the twigs and rigging we got to deal with, i dont know what you have planned for yours so if you'd like a copy let me know, we'll be down your way the last week in august, i'll PM you.
cheers mate
Paul
Gandale
#90 Posted : 26 July 2015 00:21:43

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Excellent work Paul, now she is starting to look like she should.... Very well done....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Gibbo
#91 Posted : 27 July 2015 23:51:10

Evening all, thanks for all the great feedback, very much appreciated, 12 rows of planking have been laid and sanded, six a side and one side of the gunports have been cut, the forward gunport will have to be taken out with the Dremmel because of the balsa behind.
Gibbo attached the following image(s):
DSCN1018.JPG
DSCN1020.JPG
ian smith
#92 Posted : 28 July 2015 12:40:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Paul.
I think the first bow ports are done shut on model. im sure some one who has finished there victory will confirm this. looking good, keep up the good work IanCool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Gibbo
#93 Posted : 28 July 2015 14:29:47

ian smith wrote:
Hi Paul.
I think the first bow ports are done shut on model. im sure some one who has finished there victory will confirm this. looking good, keep up the good work IanCool BigGrin

That's great Ian, thanks for the heads up on that one.
nightwisher
#94 Posted : 28 July 2015 20:50:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

She's looking really good gibbo. That's an excellent salvage operation you've got going on.Cool
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
Gibbo
#95 Posted : 28 July 2015 22:43:21

nightwisher wrote:
She's looking really good gibbo. That's an excellent salvage operation you've got going on.Cool

Apart from one side of the hull being planked (and i say that very loosely)i think we're nearly at the point that it came to me, thanks for looking in Nightwisher and your comments are much appreciated.
Cheers
Paul
davetwin
#96 Posted : 28 July 2015 22:55:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It does look so much better than when you received it BigGrin looks like it was definitely worth the effort ThumpUp
Gandale
#97 Posted : 29 July 2015 00:35:59

Certainly powering along with this now Paul and doing a great job too.... very well done....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
ian smith
#98 Posted : 30 July 2015 17:13:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Paul.
It was nice to meet you the otherdaqy.
Hope you enjoyed your victory tour.
IanBigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
z8000783
#99 Posted : 30 July 2015 17:24:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Nice work Paul.

It may not be a good idea to sand the planks too much, as you go, though. They are not very thick and it may be easy to over do it.

I know it tempting but better to wait until the end when you can treat it as the next project.
Gibbo
#100 Posted : 30 July 2015 17:48:31

ian smith wrote:
Hi Paul.
It was nice to meet you the otherdaqy.
Hope you enjoyed your victory tour.
IanBigGrin

I did indeed thanks Ian, it was good to meet you and see your Vic first hand, i look forward to the next time.
Cheers
Paul