Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

How to Add Photos to post on an Android Pad Options
davetwin
#1 Posted : 30 June 2015 16:08:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I thought I would do this tutorial to help any one, who like myself uses an Android pad to do most of their internet use. Hopefully this will be of use to somone. I will do one for the Ipad at a later stage.

This tutorial will be based around attaching the pictures to your forum post.

First of all there are 2 apps that you will need to install. The first is called 'ReSize Me Pro', the app will cost a couple of £'s but it will enable you to resize pictures as a batch rather than individually. If you dont mind doing them individually then the free app will be fine.

Another useful program is a good file manager, this isnt essential but it will make it easier to find your pictures to upload, and if you are like me and like to keep a clean and tidy file system you will be wanting to delete the resized pictures after. My pad already has a very good file manager on it but another one I can recommend is File Manager HD

Ok, now you are ready to get going.

First thing you will need to do is transfer the files to your pad from your camera, in my case I just pop the SD Card out of the camera and stick it into my pads attached keyboard, then using the file manager (exactly like you would on a windows computer) I just copy and paste the files into my selected pads folder.

Once the pictures are on your pad you need to navigate to where they are saved using the file manager. Choose the pictures you want to resize and choose the share option (top right on my file manager)

You will then get the share screen where you will need to choose the ReSize Me icon

Choose the optimum picture size for the forum, in this case 640 x 480, you will then be presented with a progress bar, even if you choose a lot of photos it is quite a quick process. After it is finished another Share screen will pop up, you can ignore this unless you plan to upload the pictures to photobucket (I will cover this in another tutorial)

Thats your photos ready to upload, sounds more long winded than it actually is.

Just go to the forum and create your post, when you are ready to post put a tick in the 'Attach file to this post' option at the bottom.

Click post, on the next screen you will be asked to actually attach the file, click choose file

Then choose how you wish to navigate your device to find the file, click on your file manager icon

Navigate to the XnResize folder, this is where the resized pictures are saved, and chose one of the pictures to attach

This takes you back to this screen

Click upload and wait, it shouldnt take long as the file size of the resized file will not be very big.

Once it has finished you can choose to attach another file until you have all the pictures attached that you wish to display in your post.

Once you are satisfied click post and you are all done Cool

I like to keep my original photos organised in various folders, how you do this is up to you but using the file manager is much like using a windows machine so it is easy to do. As I like to keep it all tidy I use the file manager on my device to then go and delete the resized pictures from the XnResize folder ready for the next batch.