Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages «<4567>
San Francisco II build by Arek (first wooden ship build) Options
arek
#101 Posted : 12 May 2018 13:24:26

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Finally, I finished laying planks on bulkheads.BigGrin
I have to say that I'm happy with the smooth transition between bulkheads and the head rails.Cool

More "upgrades" ahead! I do not think that this build will ever end...LOL

Below photo show "El Galeon" replica of Spanish galleon from 17-th century.

I have to say that I really like the round transition between steps on bulkheads!
I plan to do this in the same way on my model. If I fail, I can always return to original plans.

Also that boarding leader looks great!! isn't it??Drool Drool

Happy modeling!
Arek
Martyn Ingram
#102 Posted : 12 May 2018 15:30:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin The lighting looks very affective and I think you are right about the curve on the upper gunwales Cool
Looking forward to the next update
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
tigerace
#103 Posted : 12 May 2018 15:49:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

What an outstanding job on the planking BigGrin well doneThumpUp ThumpUp love the light great stuff Drool Drool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Markwarren
#104 Posted : 12 May 2018 17:59:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Oh wowLove Love Drool Drool . Excellent work, love the lighting.

Mark
arpurchase
#105 Posted : 12 May 2018 18:18:49

BigGrin Looking good reminds me of the curves and crossovers on my Gulnara buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

pemberg
#106 Posted : 12 May 2018 21:20:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Beautiful job on the planking, looks fantastic.

Graeme
Gandale
#107 Posted : 12 May 2018 23:56:24

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

You're doing a great job with this one Arek, love the effect the lighting gives....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
arek
#108 Posted : 13 May 2018 08:12:08

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Thanks all for stopping by and kind comments.BigGrin

Regards,
Arek
arek
#109 Posted : 13 May 2018 08:21:54

Quote:
I think you are right about the curve on the upper gunwales

Gunwales! BigGrin I was trying to find that word for about half hour!

Sorry if sometimes I'm not using proper nautical terminology.Blushing
First, I'm not really familiar with it and second, sometimes even if I know how to call parts in polish I can't find translationConfused
For most of a time I use words that I can find in instruction provided.

Regards,
Arek
Martyn Ingram
#110 Posted : 13 May 2018 08:28:28

BigGrin Sorry mate the gunwales are the side piece where the guns stick out Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
arek
#111 Posted : 13 May 2018 08:32:56

LOL LOL Probably better if I stick to the therms from the instructionLOL LOL

Regards,
Arek
arek
#112 Posted : 17 May 2018 22:16:55

Hi all,

Due other commitments and holiday season at work progress is slowing down but I thought that I gonna give a small updateBigGrin

Again off cuts from laser catted parts comes handy.Cool Cool I used that part as a template for curve in steps on bulwarks also hopefully this is going to be my template for bending handrails to match the curve. Fortunately apart from first step at the bow they all have same angle.

First I attempt to cut small part from plywood and cut edge outside. I found that making that small part was extremely hard and time consuming.Crying

Then I decide to use my template only as a guide and after marking curve using pencil catted execs with hobby knife and sanded to desired shape.

Happy modeling!
Arek

Gandale
#113 Posted : 17 May 2018 22:39:46

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks good Arek, nice touches you've done there....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
TRGRichie
#114 Posted : 20 May 2018 16:02:01

Hats off to you ship modellers you do like a challenge!

looks great

Rich
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
Custom Porsche RS Build - http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=25728
arek
#115 Posted : 20 May 2018 18:12:22

Thanks for comments guys,

@Richie , that's why I chose wood, it gives me so many opportunities for changes and tailoring to my needs Cool

Regards,
Arek
Martyn Ingram
#116 Posted : 20 May 2018 19:18:23

BigGrin Very nicely done the curves look brilliant Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
tigerace
#117 Posted : 20 May 2018 22:12:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

You are doing a brilliant job ArekBigGrin look`s greatBigGrin regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

jase
#118 Posted : 20 May 2018 23:11:00

Its a loverly build you have, i like the little mods

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
delboy271155
#119 Posted : 21 May 2018 01:08:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Super planking job, WTG

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

magpie1832
#120 Posted : 21 May 2018 07:25:01

Very nice work Arek. Love the mods. Look forward to seeing more.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.