Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages <12345>»
Broven's Novice SotS Build Options
jonny7england
#41 Posted : 26 July 2015 17:47:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi there Tim..You're doing great!! Nice idea with the tweezers on the boat...Keep the pictures coming...
Wink ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Broven
#42 Posted : 26 July 2015 17:58:41

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks Jonny. BigGrin I found myself wishing I had a dozen of those things. lol
Tim Johnson

I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves. - Jack Handy

Builds: Sovereign of the Seas, Amati Chinese Pirate Junk
arpurchase
#43 Posted : 26 July 2015 20:32:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice work on the launchCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Martyn Ingram
#44 Posted : 26 July 2015 21:22:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking good Tim lovely job Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Broven
#45 Posted : 26 July 2015 22:14:24

Thanks guys BigGrin BigGrin

Using super glue is definitely making the process easier. It's coming along well. I'll post a pic in a couple of hours hopefully.
Tim Johnson

davetwin
#46 Posted : 26 July 2015 23:47:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Really nice work Broven BigGrin
Gandale
#47 Posted : 27 July 2015 00:24:02

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Tim, coming along really well... Using superglue for the planks on the launch is much better but wouldn't use it for any of the main planking of the hull... Cool Cool

Thanks for the compliment on my diary, so pleased you are finding it useful. It was a main aim of mine to make it as detailed as possible to help other new builders coming along behind me... My SOTS on hold for a little while due to more pressing issues but will be back onto it as soon as I can.....Cool Cool

Keep going as you are....

Regards

Alan
Broven
#48 Posted : 27 July 2015 17:38:39

Thank you for the kind words, and for looking in Dave and Alan.

I didn't get a chance to post last night. But, here's the launch. I think it turned out pretty decent for a first attempt.

Still needs a little more sanding and some filling with PVA (which I didn't even realize until I saw the picture of it. lol)

Tim Johnson

arpurchase
#49 Posted : 27 July 2015 17:45:56

BigGrin Nicely done, you could try mixing saw dust in with the PVA glue and using that as a filler on the launchCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#50 Posted : 27 July 2015 20:10:18

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice work Tim, well done....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Broven
#51 Posted : 27 July 2015 20:21:35

Thanks folks. BigGrin BigGrin

Sadly, this'll be it from me for a few weeks. I have to wait for the next package to arrive. Crying

In the meantime, I'm going to order some Planking Screws, which look like they'd be super helpful. And play around with stains on some scrap wood, to see how that looks.

Thanks for looking, and I'll see you when the next package arrives. BigGrin
Tim Johnson

magpie1832
#52 Posted : 27 July 2015 21:01:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

You've made a great start already. Look forward to seeing the updates. The next issues will be there before u know it.
Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Broven
#53 Posted : 28 July 2015 03:43:33

Thank you, Chris. BigGrin Very much appreciated! BigGrin BigGrin
Tim Johnson

Martyn Ingram
#54 Posted : 28 July 2015 07:44:07

BigGrin Lovely job on the ships boat looking forward to the next post ThumpUp

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
nightwisher
#55 Posted : 28 July 2015 20:58:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

You're boat looks superb ,nice and neat. I don't think you will be waiting for parcels once the planking starts though, it's enjoyable but very time consuming.BigGrin
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
Broven
#56 Posted : 28 July 2015 21:14:39

Thanks for the kind words Martyn and nightwisher. BigGrin BigGrin

Having done the boat, I'm now kind of looking forward to the ship planking. BigGrin It should be very zen, I think. Cool
Tim Johnson

Broven
#57 Posted : 23 August 2015 20:05:32

Just a small update. My second package arrived, but I quickly discovered that trying to drive tiny little nails with a regular hammer is pretty much impossible.. :P So, a pin pusher has been ordered and should arrive early next week.

In the meantime, I did a little more on the ship's boat. I wanted to change the paint scheme a little, including using stain for the interior and gunwale. So, I'm a little ahead of the instructions as far as painting goes. There are definately some imperfections, but since I'm going for more of a weathered look in the end anyway, I think they kind of add something to it.

Anyway, that's all for the moment. Thanks for looking. BigGrin
Tim Johnson

arpurchase
#58 Posted : 23 August 2015 20:19:02

BigGrin The launch looks great and the pin pusher will be a great help just remember that if you only push the pins in half way they can be removed when the glue is dry and used againCool

Broven
#59 Posted : 23 August 2015 21:08:55

Thank you sir. BigGrin This project has been a great learning process. Loving every second of it. BigGrin BigGrin
Tim Johnson

nightwisher
#60 Posted : 23 August 2015 22:24:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good to see you back Broven, liking the stain/paint comboCool
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!