Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<456
Greyhawks Victory (Phase 19 / 120) Options
greyhawk
#101 Posted : 11 March 2016 00:54:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Dewarping is going better than expected, so I went ahead and finished issue 18 anyways.

The supports for the stern gallery are installed as well as a bunch of wood that will all be filed off again very soon now. Cursing

I was very much suprised by how much I had to take off the side beams to compensate for the deck step. One wouldn't think so just by looking at the boat.

The one fore deck elements is spending another night in my dewarping apparatus for safety then I can forge ahead with finishing up everything that needs to be done before fairing.

Also my part 34 is waaaaaaaay thicker than the one in the official build. It's like 6mm thick compared to the 4mm of the usual ribs. Kinda strange.
birdaj2
#102 Posted : 11 March 2016 11:13:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Your part 34 is just fine. its thicker because very soon now you have to file down and shape the rear end of the ship in line with slope of the false keel stern. If you look at the top of part 34 there should be a smaller gap were it sits over the false keel and when you go lower the false keel slops so you end up with a deeper slot and its all of this you will be shaping.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
greyhawk
#103 Posted : 05 July 2016 23:25:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow. 4 months and not a lot to show for.

Granted i had another few candidates that had to spend several weeks in the press to get all the warp out, but still I took way too much time off

Issue 19

Finally installed the middle deck and side walls. The ship is now ready for straking. Joy.

Also made a tiny barrel stack, this was relaxing, though I have not been able to find a local source for 1mm trim tape. Went with the tried and true permanent marker method. Not as nice but then again it wouldn't have been perfect in the real world either.

Last I finally used the spare eyelet of this issue to replace the one in the bow of the long boat (that one went flying way back then)

Gibbo
#104 Posted : 06 July 2016 09:40:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

looking good Greyhawk, coming along nicely.
Regards
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
ian smith
#105 Posted : 06 July 2016 14:38:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Greyhawk,
coming along nicely, glad to see you got rid of the warp.
Ian
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
arpurchase
#106 Posted : 06 July 2016 17:06:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good ,have fun with the planks
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

greyhawk
#107 Posted : 06 July 2016 18:09:44

arpurchase wrote:
Looking good ,have fun with the planks

After dealing with Bismarcks bow, nothing phazes me anymore. Nothing the Victory can throw at me could be this bad.
Gandale
#108 Posted : 06 July 2016 22:46:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Doesn't matter about the pace of the build, it's the quality of the work that's important and there's nothing wrong with the quality you're producing... Nicely done.

As for trim tape, you could use 1mm masking tape and paint it black, does the job just as good if you can't get black tape.

Regards

Alan
z8000783
#109 Posted : 07 July 2016 06:42:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Very neat work Michael.

I too tried masking tape but found the result scrappy. I can't remember if I used this particular source:

Pin Tape
Garth
#110 Posted : 22 July 2016 07:49:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Greyhawk,

Looking good. She's progressing nicely. Keep up the good work.

kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.