Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Question Options
arpurchase
#1 Posted : 04 January 2015 08:37:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Nice work AlCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Brewis
#2 Posted : 22 July 2015 10:54:10

Have you (or anyone else) found a couple of possible problems with the rear wheel?

The notch in the inside of the sprocket is distinctly wider than the tab on the hub which fits into it on mine. This means that after assembly the sprocket can be rotated by a few degrees in either direction relative to the wheel. Obviously on a real bike it would be tightly locked to the wheel so that they can only rotate together. Not sure if this is going to cause problems - I suspect it will, and am considering gluing them together. Any thoughts?

I've also found that when I tighten up the nut on the rear axle, I have one of two problems. If I do it gorilla-tight, the wheel doesn't rotate very freely at all. If I don't do it quite so tight then the axle and nut are able to rotate themselves - again, presumably the axle and nut oughtn't to rotate; they should be fixed, and only the wheel rotates about them.
mogwai
#3 Posted : 22 July 2015 18:24:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi brewis my bike does the same.but can't see it causing problem in the future.but if you do wish to glue, I'd not do it now as these models tend to require disassembly at times.I don't know if rear wheel will need taking out again.but gluing now would make this impossible.and would be easy enough to do at end of build if your not happy with these parts being loose.cheers mick BigGrin BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 22 July 2015 20:22:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi David

The wheel and sprocket on my build was exactly the same as yours and it has no effect on the build at all when finished, the only reason I think it is like that is so when the model is moved there is some give between the wheel and sprocket so as not to put excess strain on the plastic cog holding the chain at the gearbox end. Personally I would not glue the parts together for this reason.

Again my bolt and nut was fine but you could use a spot of thread lock to cure this. Hope this helps.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .