Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Like & Follow Options
Sinbad
#1 Posted : 15 August 2015 23:12:45

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered

Two things that would be good on the forums is. first, a thumbs up like Facebook. There are times that you read a comment or some such and instead of going through the drama of replying you could give the 'thumbs up'.
Secondly is a 'follow' option. If you happen to see a build that you're intereted in you could choose to 'follow' it. I guess the the only option at the moment is to make a note of the build.
Just a thought.
davetwin
#2 Posted : 16 August 2015 01:11:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

When you are in a thread if you click 'options' at the top right in the green bar of the thread title it will give you tbe option to follow the thread.

I have never seen a like button on any of the many forums I have been on and I have been on a lot
RogerThornhill
#3 Posted : 16 August 2015 06:37:32

Thank you davetwin I did not know that.
jase
#4 Posted : 16 August 2015 09:06:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Sinbad I agree. Somtimes you want to show your aupport but without commenting, ether because others have said it all or because you want to wait until they have finished that part of the build. I have sugested it bore and i think it would be a hreat feature.

Just because others havent had the idea does not mean this forum cannot blaze a trail BigGrin

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
michu
#5 Posted : 16 August 2015 09:57:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It's a pretty common feature on other forums, just not always called "like". I've seen it as a "helped me" button, "kudos", or SOG, whatever that means. All forms of expressing appreciation and even counted as extra stats of the poster.

I hope the long in the works upgrade of this forums comes to fruition soon - it's definitely needed. Go IT, go! BigGrin
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
jase
#6 Posted : 24 January 2016 21:29:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have been thinking about this and I think the solution could be in the hands of the forum members.

I often want to show support or agreement without taking the time to type 'i agree' etc

So from now on if I quote a post with just a smily it will mean the following...

Cool I Like this post

BigGrin I agree with this post

Wub Thanks for your post

Open to suggestions for others!

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
davetwin
#7 Posted : 24 January 2016 21:41:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

jase wrote:
I have been thinking about this and I think the solution could be in the hands of the forum members.

I often want to show support or agreement without taking the time to type 'i agree' etc

So from now on if I quote a post with just a smily it will mean the following...

Cool I Like this post

Wub Thanks for your post

Jase

I have often read a post and thought I wish there just a like button much like on Facebook, so

Cool BigGrin
Tomick
#8 Posted : 24 January 2016 22:01:31

Groups:

jase wrote:

Cool I Like this post

Wub Thanks for your post

Jase

It simply creates confusion, because you are expecting all members to remember what you mean by your smileys, and would only work if every member did likewise. Please don't hijack the forum smileys for anything other than their intended titles.
z8000783
#9 Posted : 25 January 2016 07:28:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved