Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages <12345>»
ORRERY by Eaglemoss Options
GilShapley
#41 Posted : 10 October 2015 14:37:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

The next set of parts has arrived on schedule so more pictures to follow shortly

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
SS17.jpg
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
GilShapley
#42 Posted : 05 November 2015 13:39:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Sorry for the delay in updating but had to order a replacement gear as the original did not turn smoothly and caused the model to jam.
The problem was caused by the large engraved gear wheel around which the earth and moon revolve. The replacement works fine. Two weeks to get a replacement was acceptable. So far I am satisfied with the quality of this kit and by the time it is complete it will be a heavy beast

Pictures attached

The next delivery should be soon and I will update then
SS17.jpg
SS18.jpg
SS19.jpg
SS20.jpg
SS21.jpg
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
darbyvet
#43 Posted : 05 November 2015 15:38:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking really nice Gil
jonny7england
#44 Posted : 05 November 2015 17:53:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Absolutely fascinating!!! I have been following this with great interest!! Love ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
arpurchase
#45 Posted : 05 November 2015 19:39:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nicely done GilCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

delboy271155
#46 Posted : 05 November 2015 19:49:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Gil, BigGrin

So happy you got you`re part problem resolved. Cool

That looks like a nice kit, only wonder how you will keep it so shiny over the years to come. (Will be a pain to keep clean and un-tarnished)

A good quality cover may be the answer.

Keep up the good work I`m really enjoying this one. Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Plymouth57
#47 Posted : 05 November 2015 21:18:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Coming along nicely Gil, brings back fond memories of my own set! As regards keeping the shine, unless it's been changed from the first edition, all the brass components are coated in a very good quality lacquer, my own set is as shiny now as when first put together. All it needs is an occasional brush off with the soft brushes and a gentle rub with the polishing cloth, both of which came with the tool kit.Cool

Keep up the good work!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
davetwin
#48 Posted : 05 November 2015 22:06:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I love how completely different this is from anything else out there. Looking forward to more ThumpUp
Josefk
#49 Posted : 25 November 2015 21:59:06

A cautionary tale. It is indeed a spectacular model & i also find the magazines interesting. But Eaglemoss, my lord what a disaster this firm is. Having subscribed my first communication was an email saying issue was out of stock (needless to say payment was taken.) They then took 2 months payment at once for next 2 packs & still nothing arrived. After 6 weeks i got one issue because the guy at customer services felt embarrassed & sent direct. After another 3 weeks I got the 2 other packs & lo and behold a slip of paper saying certain issues were "out of stock" and would follow "later"

So I'm sort of upto issue 15, missing 2, unable to build much & very cheesed off. Such a shame a good product is let down by shambolic service.

My first partwork a Deagostini mp4 came every 4 weeks like clockwork so I guess I was lulled into a false sense of security
GilShapley
#50 Posted : 26 November 2015 00:02:55

MMMmmm

Had a problem with part of the build, the large engraved toothed gear would not work as it should and had this replaced quickly by Eaglemoss

However the last delivery had a note to say that issue there was a problem with issue 12 (13,14 and 15 I received) and I would get this with my next dispatch. Not sure if this means I will have to wait 4 weeks for the next delivery so will have to contact customer services. This does mean that I cannot proceed with the next part of the build.

I do hope this is not a portent of things to come. This has all the makings of a different and interesting build. It is not a new build as I know that this was issued by Eaglemoss some years ago so they should have ironed out any supply issues.

Will be an interesting phone call tomorrow

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Josefk
#51 Posted : 26 November 2015 00:50:43

Issue 12 was one of the ones missing, the other was 7. "unexpected delay, next despatch' etc so looks like they forgot they had subscribers. Good luck on the call, in my experience customer services take an age to answer but do try to help with a slightly weary air of "we know it's crap but what can we do if we don't have any" vibe.
Nemesis
#52 Posted : 26 November 2015 08:45:22

Yep I got a note saying 12 was on back order and then got issue 11 with another part 9!! Phone call to CS and they said they will send one out, I can see this going south rapidly!!!!
GilShapley
#53 Posted : 26 November 2015 12:24:30

Seems I must wait till the December delivery for the missing issue 12

Back to the Arab Dhow which was on the back burner

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
davetwin
#54 Posted : 26 November 2015 15:16:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I really do hope your issues work themselves out, I had a bad experience with another of their builds whereby a part was still out of stock a year after it was meant to have been issued.
nightwisher
#55 Posted : 26 November 2015 20:44:00

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Sorry to hear that your having problem with eaglemoss, the only dealings I have had with them was when I collected and built the endeavour.I ordered with a newsagent and picked it up every week,every issue arrived on time without fail and no pieces were missing, but I did read on forums that subscribers were having trouble and some people had to wait six months for the final issue, so it seems you pays yer money and takes yer chances.Confused
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
Josefk
#56 Posted : 08 December 2015 01:02:16

The missing number 12 arrived today on its own. W H Smith are upto issue 15 this week. i guess 16-19 will be on the way later in Dec
GilShapley
#57 Posted : 08 December 2015 09:51:13

Been away for a few days

The missing issue 12 and up to issue 19 where waiting for me when I got back so building will recommence shortly

Pictures to follow. I hope this will be the only glitch

One odd point. A free tool kit was supplied with the current delivery, could have done with the allen keys sooner
GilShapley
#58 Posted : 12 December 2015 12:32:57

The instruction for the next part of the build where in the missing issue 12, which I now have received.

Using parts from issues 12 - 16 Stage 2 Phase 3 can be completed. The is adding Mars and its two moons to the build.

Construction is as before and the instructions are straight forward.

Just the usual care to ensure the parts are in the correct orientation.

The next stage of the build instructions are in issue 17 but before I can start this I need the parts from issue 20 which I do not have yet.

Pictures attached. The planets are shown on the model but these are removed during build to avoid any chance of damage
SS22.jpg
SS23.jpg
SS24.jpg
Nemesis
#59 Posted : 12 December 2015 14:22:48

Got issue 12 and the replacement for 11 and now up to issue 19!! Hopefully Mrs Nem can start it now!!BigGrin BigGrin
GilShapley
#60 Posted : 12 December 2015 14:47:23

Seems odd we got up to issue 19 when we need issue 20 for the next part of the build??????

Phone call to CS on Monday me thinks