Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages «<34567>
ORRERY by Eaglemoss Options
delboy271155
#81 Posted : 02 April 2016 16:28:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Gil,BigGrin

A nice piece of oak around all that shiny brass will look real good.

Nice choice Cool Cool Cool Cool

If it`s of use I have posted a link below for a company that does Polycarbonate, it`s UV protective, cut to size and can be delivered next day.

Prices don`t look to bad either.Blink

Polycarbonate

Looking forward to the finished article.BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Nemesis
#82 Posted : 02 April 2016 21:59:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Looking good, really must get Mrs Nem to start hers!!!LOL BigGrin
davetwin
#83 Posted : 03 April 2016 07:42:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This looks so cool. I can imagine the nightmare though trying to dust it Blink
Bazholding
#84 Posted : 03 April 2016 22:26:21

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

coming along nicely

I did it when it came out a few years ago, it is a lovely display piece and a total dust magnet. my father always tries to take it home when he see's it haha

Current builds: HMS Victory, hachette black pearl, DC-3, R2-D2, Millennium Falcon
ian smith
#85 Posted : 06 April 2016 11:24:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gil.
Looking realy good. Not far to go now.
look forward to seeing your case.
IanCool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Josefk
#86 Posted : 01 June 2016 20:11:19

Sorry to post something negative but I feel the need to vent. I've been trying to build this excellent model but have to say Eaglemoss are singularly the worst company I've dealt with in a long time. It has now been 14 weeks since my last delivery and I am stuck at issue 28. Many calls and emails to Customer services were initially dealt with politely but with zero effect. Then the communication stopped entirely until I threatened to get Trading standards involved when the polite but ineffectual emails resumed. They keep saying stuff has been sent, will be sent is on order but nothing arrives. If they didn;t have a long history I would assume they were operating a scam. All the while money keeps being taken and nothing is ever sent.

A warning to everyone to stay clear. I may try Trading Standards again, does anyone here know if it is the TS where Head Office is located where I should start.

The catalogue of errors and excuses is long and laughable but I wont bore you all any more
GilShapley
#87 Posted : 01 June 2016 21:07:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I am up to issue 39 and need 40 to complete the next stage of my build. I must say I have had no problems with delivery or obtaining replacement parts where I have had some problems.

Due my next delivery shortly and I will post up to date pictures when I can

Gil

Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
Josefk
#88 Posted : 02 June 2016 07:31:24

I'm genuinely glad you've had no issues & the model is looking great which is one factor in me sticking with this as long as I have. I guess we each have our own user experiences at different ends of the scale. If you are upto date I guess I am 8 issues back, not having had a delivery in well over 2 months and having paid for it 3 months ago
GilShapley
#89 Posted : 22 June 2016 09:14:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well I spoke to soon. Delivery of parts has stalled at no 39.

No point in phoning C/S as no one picks up the phone (after 15 minutes of "your call is important to us" you tend to give up.

Emails, I am up to number 5 in my series to them, have prompted one reply of what I consider to be the standard we are waiting for delivery of parts email. Surely I am not the only one building this model.

I have had a look at the companies FaceBook page which makes interesting reading, a long list of people waiting for parts for their various Eaglemoss subscriptions

I understand and accept that there can be problems with supplies particularly if the are not UK sourced but what is really hacking me off is the lack of communication/Information

I am at present left with a partially completed model, there are still 13 issues to be received. The phrase not fit for purpose springs to mind

I must now consider my next course of action. Being retired I have time to rattle the cage

Anyone know what the legal position with these subscription builds is regarding a contract between the supplier and the subscriber

Oh and of course they are still taking my subscription each month
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
Nemesis
#90 Posted : 22 June 2016 09:18:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Mmm strange, not had a problem with deliveries and when I rang their CS about a wrong part I got an answer straight away and new parts within a week. Keep at them is all I can suggest.
Neil_G
#91 Posted : 23 June 2016 11:43:40

Hi Gil

My deliveries are also stalled at issue 39, with a couple of payments being taken from my bank in the meantime.

The latest reply to my emails (like you, and many others, I can't get through on the phone) is a fairly generic reply :

" Unfortunately we were experiencing a slight stock delay with issues 40 - 43, however the stock has now been replenished and it'll be sent at the same time as your next despatch. You'll receive issues 40 - 43, 44 - 47 and the Eyes on the Skies DVD special together within the next week or so.
I've passed your feedback on with regards to now being informed of the delay and will make sure that it's looked into. "

GilShapley
#92 Posted : 23 June 2016 13:21:50

Thanks for that. It gives me some hope that I will still get the rest of this Model.

Its a shame that their Customer service is so dire and not just for the Orrery kit. Reading their Facebook page shows that others have suffered similar issues with other collections.

I have no problems with the quality of the parts but that said will think long and hard before I venture into Eaglemoss land again.

This of course does not mean I will stop with my series of Emails to them, now up to number 5.

They do look good in font size 24 and a nice red ink colour

Gil

Tomick
#93 Posted : 26 June 2016 15:20:00

Groups:

GilShapley wrote:
Anyone know what the legal position with these subscription builds is regarding a contract between the supplier and the subscriber.

They are legally obliged to supply or refund. I'll PM you the email ad of a director so you can speak to the organ grinder.
Nemesis
#94 Posted : 26 June 2016 16:23:31

Just had issues 40-47 turn up including the DVD special.
delboy271155
#95 Posted : 26 June 2016 18:14:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

LMAO !!!!!!!!

Mr T speaks at 14:20

Nem gets delivery at 15:23

Woah there`s a service.

LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Nemesis
#96 Posted : 26 June 2016 18:42:59

delboy271155 wrote:
LMAO !!!!!!!!

Mr T speaks at 14:20

Nem gets delivery at 15:23

Woah there`s a service.

LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

It was delivered by a courier, was not expecting that!! lol
GilShapley
#97 Posted : 29 June 2016 12:06:32

Well after shooting off yet another EMail to Eaglemoss this morning (I have a weekly diary note) the postman delivered a box with the next 8 issues so building will recommence next week

It is a pity that what started off as an interesting build, with some faulty parts being replaced with no problems, that their customer service became so poor that the phone was not answered and replies to EMails where intermittent at best.

Up to issue 47 of 52 now so not many more to go

I will post some more pictures next week

:-) :-) :-)
delboy271155
#98 Posted : 29 June 2016 13:34:22

Happy days.

So glad you got this back on track.

Now eagerly awaiting next update.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Shauncnh
#99 Posted : 29 June 2016 16:19:15

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I know how everyone is feeling, still haven't received packs 40-47 and they are not answering my emails or calls. Very disappointed in Eaglemoss at the moment.
Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Build- titanic,Skyrider drone, solar system, T72 tank
Neil
#100 Posted : 30 June 2016 18:42:16

Groups: New Members, Registered

Hi I have only just seen this forum, so far had no issues with delivery.

One tip, if you find a sticky gear you may find that if you look at the teeth carefully there could be a buildup of laquer. I have found a couple of these (using a magnifying glass!) and cleaned up the offending tooth with a needle file.

Hth - not long to go now!!

Neil