Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages «<4567>
ORRERY by Eaglemoss Options
Josefk
#101 Posted : 30 June 2016 21:36:22

Groups: Registered

Only 5 emails to customer services, pah! I'm well into double figures. I even eventually got an email address for the supposed head of customer services & sent a very polite email setting out the whole category of errors and asking if they agreed that was unacceptable. That was 2 weeks ago. No reply or acknowledgement. The utter distain with which they treat customersnis staggering.

Now I did get a parcel yesterday with magazines 40-47. Unfortunately there were 3 x part no.45's and no part no.40 included. Would be progress except ive still not been sent issues 36-39. The standard 15 min wait on the phone and they've no idea why 36-39 not sent but sadly 36 and 39'are now out of stock but they will send 37 and 38 and the missing 40. Fact that I cant do anything without 36 sort of passes them by. When will 36&39 be back in stock .... No idea! No DVD. Why, no idea.

Sad thing is, its a great model but all the grief, hassle just sucks the fun out of it. When you spend more time each month calling customer services than actually building the model something is badly wrong.

Best wishes to all long suffering builders

Tomick
#102 Posted : 30 June 2016 21:50:15

Groups:

Guy's, this forum is not a place for venting your displeasure at the practices of another company.

Their magazines contain the UK head office address or a web search will reveal it along with a list of its directors., these are the people you need to be sounding off at, simply write or phone the HO.
Gandale
#103 Posted : 30 June 2016 21:50:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Neil wrote:
Hi I have only just seen this forum, so far had no issues with delivery.

One tip, if you find a sticky gear you may find that if you look at the teeth carefully there could be a buildup of laquer. I have found a couple of these (using a magnifying glass!) and cleaned up the offending tooth with a needle file.

Hth - not long to go now!!

Neil

Welcome aboard Neil, maybe a good idea for you to introduce yourself to the members via this link, I'm sure they'd like to welcome you in their own way...

http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=topics&f=103

Regards

Alan
GilShapley
#104 Posted : 02 July 2016 16:52:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well finally normal service has been resumed, only 5 more issues to go

I have now receive the delayed issues plus the next due delivery. (Issues 40 - 47) this has enabled me to complete the next two stages, The addition of Pluto and the Dwarf Planet Eris

This model is no lightweight. At present it weighs in at 6lbs (Old Money) and still not complete

Up to date pictures attached
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
SS31.jpg
SS32.jpg
SS33.jpg
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
Nemesis
#105 Posted : 02 July 2016 17:38:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks fantastic. We have up to issue 47 now, Mrs Nem will be starting her build in the next week or so.
delboy271155
#106 Posted : 03 July 2016 00:00:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Looking good.

Happy to see you back up and running with this one. :) :)

Will we get a video of it working when complete?

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

GilShapley
#107 Posted : 03 July 2016 11:13:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A Video once completed that's the plan

Gil
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
chameleon
#108 Posted : 25 July 2016 13:10:31

I've just received my final parts (up to issue 51) unfortunately there is a delay with the power supply which wont arrive til next month. Anyone know what voltage this puts out so I can test the thing with a variable supply?
Also the subscription appears to roll on to the model of the earth and moon orbiter. Is this worth getting as well?
birdaj2
#109 Posted : 25 July 2016 13:24:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It does look a lovely model and will be a real focal point when complete.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Spal
#110 Posted : 25 July 2016 13:36:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Both orbiter and solar system models have the following AC adapter details.

INPUT 100-240V - 0.3A 50-60HZ
OUTPUT 6V = 0.5A

Hope that helps.

Al
GilShapley
#111 Posted : 25 July 2016 18:25:40

Next set of issues have arrived, but "unfortunately" there is "an unexpected delay" for issues 52 and 53. These are promised for Mid August. We shall see.

Will be completing what I can shortly and will add some more pictures

SS34.jpg
darbyvet
#112 Posted : 25 July 2016 18:48:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking great Gil.I look forward to seeing the video

Carl

Nemesis
#113 Posted : 25 July 2016 18:48:45

Just had my last pack and the same note.
delboy271155
#114 Posted : 25 July 2016 22:07:04

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Good to see you`ve got some parts, but a shame there`s another delay.

It looks like a very nice kit/model just a shame about the delays.

Looking forward to the next update.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

GilShapley
#115 Posted : 26 July 2016 10:22:22

Just added the dwarf planet ERIS which is as far as I can go at present.
Decided to line up the planets which has shown up an issue I will need to address.
Some of the planet support arms are out of true, will need to sort this but will wait until the final parts arrive. Seems to be only the supports for planets 9 and 10. Not too sure what the problem is yet.

Picture attached
SS35.jpg
GilShapley
#116 Posted : 26 July 2016 10:42:55

Just been speaking to C/S at Eaglemoss

The Earth Moon and Sun Orbiter mentioned on the back of issue 51 is a continuation of the subscription but they where not able to advise me of the number of issues involved.

As I do not wish to build this add on at present I have requested that they cancel it
chameleon
#117 Posted : 26 July 2016 14:33:34

Two solutions I came up with for the wayward arms. First, file down the end of the grub screws which hold the arm in the collar. They are slightly pointed, if you flatten them they seem to grip the arm better through a slightly larger contact area.
Second, the gear sandwich the collar is attached to may have a degree of wobble on the central column if it is not snug enough to the one above. Once you have the full stack mounted on the base, loosen the screws holding the connecting gear arms on the column and let gravity settle the column layers. Retighten the screws from the top down. Worked for me.
Oh n mind n put a wee spot of oil on the washers etc to reduce resistance.
chameleon
#118 Posted : 28 July 2016 18:54:51

Plugged a power supply into it and it seems to run fine. Though if I turn it down to a slower speed, it does occasionally stick. Hopefully it'll wear in over time.
GilShapley
#119 Posted : 20 August 2016 16:08:18

The Final Parts have arrived so I hope to continue the build shortly. SWMBO has me painting the hall and stairs. A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

SS36.jpg
birdaj2
#120 Posted : 20 August 2016 19:26:51

Well you got there in the end and i must say that it looks fantastic.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach