Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages «<234
"Achtung - Panzer!" (Hachette Tiger I 1:16) 10 and a bit/140 Options
greyhawk
#61 Posted : 04 February 2016 11:09:06

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

It was XF1, I checked and rechecked. I don't even have X1 in the house.

Priming was done with Tamiya Gray Fine Surface Primer.

I'm going to do a few more tests with the XF1. Maybe there really is something wrong with that particular bottle.
birdaj2
#62 Posted : 04 February 2016 11:38:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I guess an obvious question but has the bottle of xf1 been mixed well?

The xf colours have a "heavy" matting agent and over time this tends to settle out at the bottom of the jar.

Rather than just shake the bottle use something like a cocktail stick and see if there is thicker sediment in the bottom of the bottle and that might explain the issue you are having.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
greyhawk
#63 Posted : 04 February 2016 13:54:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

birdaj2 wrote:
I guess an obvious question but has the bottle of xf1 been mixed well?

The xf colours have a "heavy" matting agent and over time this tends to settle out at the bottom of the jar.

Rather than just shake the bottle use something like a cocktail stick and see if there is thicker sediment in the bottom of the bottle and that might explain the issue you are having.

I usually try to mix well with a metal stick, but yeah, if the matting agent tends to flock out like that it might have been not enough mixing. That makes sense. It WAS a new bottle. Who knows how many years it has been sitting in the hobby shop.
tigerace
#64 Posted : 04 February 2016 15:29:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi there Greyhawk what i did on the escape hatch was to add plastic strip around the edge of the interior of the wall which then filled the gap around the edgeCool hope this helps TigeraceThumpUp
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

greyhawk
#65 Posted : 04 February 2016 16:08:56

tigerace wrote:
Hi there Greyhawk what i did on the escape hatch was to add plastic strip around the edge of the interior of the wall which then filled the gap around the edgeCool hope this helps TigeraceThumpUp

Sounds similar to how Mark of buildatigertank solved the problem. Thanks. I'll look into this if the problem persists.
Nemesis
#66 Posted : 04 February 2016 18:31:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

If you have a look in my build diary you will see how I did the hatch.BigGrin

http://forum.model-space....aspx?g=posts&t=6753
greyhawk
#67 Posted : 10 February 2016 21:40:24

Nem, I fear your abilities are so far above mine I'm not only way out of my league, we're not even playing the same sport.

Issue 11

Now some of you may be asking "Good heavens what's this monstrosity now?" and I'm glad you asked.

I present the Tiger I Turret Weight Distribution Solution Mark I. Expertly designed to remove any weight stresses from trusses and frames in the turret, this beautifully handcrafted set of three (3) Masterworks Turret Stands is sure to be an eyecatcher in any home. Inquire now for a pricing quote. Offers are limited to one per household or until supply runs out which was yesterday. Patent pending. Pls don't steal my awesome design, China Replica Services Internatl. Ltd. Hang Zhou.

Yeah, with this things breaking should be a thing of the past. I say "should" because I accidentally ripped apart one of the diecast track holder thingies, which is why one is missing and needs to be redone from spares. Did I meantion I ripped it apart with my bare hands? How does this even....? Why? [More like "bear hands", amirite?]

The track links themselves are awaiting brushing. I'm going to try out a few different blacks.
davetwin
#68 Posted : 10 February 2016 21:49:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I do love your Turret Weight Distribution Solution solution LOL LOL LOL

I think its starting look really cool, cant really see anything wrong with what you've done so far, its going to look so cool when youve finished it. Cool
Martyn Ingram
#69 Posted : 10 February 2016 22:07:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Just like to order the turret weight distribution unit LOL very nice job Greyhawk looking forward to the next update Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Nemesis
#70 Posted : 10 February 2016 22:25:23

I used a DVD case up turned, worked perfectly!LOL LOL BigGrin

Looking good, wish I had bought 2 now!!BigGrin BigGrin