Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

shado Options
shado
#1 Posted : 20 September 2015 22:24:06

Groups: Registered

Hi i am just starting my build with the 1st 2 parts and my 1st question is what are the 2 white liquids that come with part 1
Gandale
#2 Posted : 21 September 2015 00:05:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Shado and a very warm welcome to the forum.... Can you post a pic of the 2 white liquids you are referring to. Cool Cool .. I'll see if I can get a definitive answer for you....

Regards

Alan
shado
#3 Posted : 21 September 2015 01:40:40

Thanks Alan for warm welcome i am new to all this so bare with me please
photo's are a nogo i dont even have a cameraLOL
davetwin
#4 Posted : 21 September 2015 12:27:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have pack 1 of the Akagi so have taken the photo, I havent opened it yet but looking at the instructions the one on the left appears to be a bottle of wood glue. There is no reference to the other pot which I am just guessing maybe some form of putty.

With regards to glue you may want to look at getting a large bottle of Aliphatic wood glue, for the metal parts a simple superglue would be sufficient or an epoxy if you prefered, although super glue would be much easier to work with.

arpurchase
#5 Posted : 21 September 2015 20:44:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Shado

Firstly welcome to the forum and good luck with the build. The large bottle is PVA wood glue but I am unsure about the other bottle as I did not receive that one in my Kit. but I will get back to you on it.

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

davetwin
#6 Posted : 21 September 2015 21:25:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I opened up my pack 1 and had a look, the large pot is definately white pva glue.

I had another look through the instructions for pack 1 and would say the other pot is putty, if you look at the image below it says to use the putty supplied

Hope this helps

arpurchase
#7 Posted : 21 September 2015 21:31:37

BigGrin Hi Shado

The small pot is a model filler, it may be an idea to check its contents are ok before use.

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

shado
#8 Posted : 21 September 2015 23:51:18

I did think 1 might be wood glue because of bottle shape, wondered if
the other was a refill doh thanks everyone for your help...