Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Stages 63 & 66 Wires Nomenclature Options
Captain Plummet
#1 Posted : 16 October 2015 16:29:26

Groups:

Tell me if I'm going daft here, or if I've mis-read one or the other instructions sets, but...

I've just arrived at Stage 66/3 (Pack 19) which is entitled 'Attaching Wire C to the engine block', and I am instructed to prepare the telemetry unit and Wire C (Stage 63). It goes on to say that I need to cut a 70mm length of this 'Wire C'. 'Wire C' is also referred to in the official build thread.

But when I look at the Stage 63 parts list in the Pack 18 instructions the three sets of wire in that stage are named as Wire 1, Wire 2 & Wire 3. (ie. There is no 'Wire C' as specified in Stage 66/3; all three wires are referred to by numbers.)

So can someone please advise which of the Stage 63 wires is the wire required in Stage 66/3 please?

In fact, the same thing is going to happen with the other two wires in Stage 63 as well, if they're subsequently referred to by letters rather than numbers, so is there a conversion guide for them all please?

As I say, I may have missed something obvious here, or I may be going daft. I am quite prepared to eat humble pie if the former applies. Not so sure if the latter does though... BigGrin
Warthog
#2 Posted : 19 October 2015 13:50:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

First of all my apologies for not responding to this subject sooner but being halfway through a move and no internet etc I have been unable to respond until now. ( I am currently in my loft with my iPad as it's the only way I can get 4G so if the conversation drops mid sentence then I've fallen through the rafters!)

Below is a list of all the wires and hoses used throughout the series up to Pack 19

I have gone through the list and changed some of the details to make this simpler to understand and the official build will be updated in due course.

Stage 30 contains:
Hose A (1.2mm X 750mm)
Wire A (0.4mm X 800mm)

Stage 40 contains:
Silver Braided hose B (1.4mm X 700mm)

Stage 49 contains:
Hose C (1.7mm X 150mm)

Stage 63 contains:
Wire B (1) 0.56mm X 300mm)
Wire C (2) 0.8mm X 600mm)
Wire A (3) 0.9mm X 300mm)

Stage 66 contains:
Wire E (1.0mm X 400mm)
Clear Nylon Tube (0.9mm X 130mm)

In stage 66 of the electrical system there is a mention of "Wire D". This is in fact "Wire A" provided with stage 63 and is a typo and something I overlooked so my sincere apologies as this should have been corrected at the time.

As to the lengths of the wires for the telemetry system in step 3 of page 526
Wire "C" is 600mm long and the lengths to be cut are:
2 X 50mm lengths
1 X 75mm length
1 X 65mm length
Also the wire "C" for the engine block is 70mm long
Total length used = 310mm

Step 4 electrical system on page 527:

Part "A" electrical system:
2 X 25mm lengths and 1 X 220mm length from wire "B" total length used = 270mm

Part "B" Electrical system:
Cut 2 X 45mm and 2 X 76mm lengths of wire "A" total length used = 242mm

Can I ask anyone that has a problem in future (let's hope there isn't any) that you pm me with your query so that I may offer a resolution faster. There are times as like my current situation that I am not always able to respond on the forum as wished for but a PM to me will allow me to assist you sooner as I will be more than happy to even talk through any problems over the phone.

If anyone has an issue regarding the above info I have provided then please once again, pm me first please.

Regards

Spencer

Captain Plummet
#3 Posted : 19 October 2015 15:11:18

Groups:

Thanks Spencer, your response answers our questions quite comprehensively I think, and we can all now move on.

No worries about the tardy response; it was as much my fault for raising the issue when you were otherwise engaged as it was yours for being engaged, even though, of course, I had no idea you were engaged... (Did that sound right? I know how I meant it anyway.)

As an aside, although one or two of us considered the simple A=1, B=2 & C=3 formula for the Stage 63 wires, (I did myself before I posted, but I chickened out of following the hunch), I doubt that any of us would ever have got the correct B=1, C=2 & A=3 formula.

I concur with Steve about the idea of PMs. They're fine, but they don't promulgate the correct information to us all with the same degree of immediacy as the forum.

I hope the rest of your move goes well. (More model display space in the new pad?)

Thanks again,
Robin.
mattsr
#4 Posted : 20 January 2017 11:40:56

Groups: Registered

Hello

I'm afraid I DID assume that 1=A, 2=B, and 3= C. So I have used the wrong wire, Wire 3/A, for the wires connected to the telemetry unit. I twigged when I ran out of wire, and then saw the mysterious wire D in the next stage.Blink

I accept it is my own silly fault for not checking here first, but it seemed to be logical that would be the case!! Also looking at the pictures they seemed to match that scenario.

So does anyone have any spare wire from this stage or can you point me in the direction of replacements/substitutions? I don't really want to re-order a whole pack for the sake of a few bits of wire....Cursing
Tomick
#5 Posted : 20 January 2017 11:51:41

Groups:

You dont have to order an entire monthly pack, you can order just the issue/stage which the part you need is contained in.
Email: sales@model-space.co.uk
mattsr
#6 Posted : 20 January 2017 12:04:38

Groups: Registered

Thank you very much Tomick. Next time I'll come here before I start cutting wires up!! Blushing