Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages 123>»
Martyns San Felipe build Options
Martyn Ingram
#1 Posted : 17 October 2015 16:43:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi all hoping to start this build in the next few weeks. I have lots of ideas running around in my head of doing a bit of a custom job on this stunning ship still not sure what yet but it will be a all wood finish so that will push my planking skills Laugh

See you soon Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
kpnuts
#2 Posted : 17 October 2015 16:55:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Look forward to seeing it.
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
stevie_o
#3 Posted : 17 October 2015 20:27:03

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

tf64
#4 Posted : 17 October 2015 23:37:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Will be watching your build as you progress.

Regards
Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

arpurchase
#5 Posted : 17 October 2015 23:52:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice one, will be watching your buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#6 Posted : 18 October 2015 00:36:23

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Martyn, this is a ship I really like the look of, think she is a beautiful looking kit and I for one will be an avid follower of your build.... Look forward to seeing you get her under way......Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#7 Posted : 21 October 2015 15:01:01

BigGrin Thanks all for the looking in Cool

BigGrin Got some parts today in the post so had a look. Very nice packing and the parts are clean with no warping . also in the pack is some glue and sandpaper Cool

First job sanding and dry fitting the first rib to the keel . I found it to be a nice sliding fit into the slots BigGrin Next up glueing the rib to the keel . A small drop of PVA was appled to the slots and slid into place then with a setsquare to set the rib 90deg to the keel and set aside to dry BigGrin

Thanks for looking next update soon rgd Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 051.jpg
ships 052.jpg
ships 053.jpg
ships 054.jpg
ships 055.jpg
ships 057.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gandale
#8 Posted : 21 October 2015 19:58:03

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great to see you up and running Martyn, will certainly be looking in on this one..... Good luck with the build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
mogwai
#9 Posted : 21 October 2015 20:47:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi looks a very nice kit.will be following with interest. Cheers mick.BigGrin BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
arpurchase
#10 Posted : 21 October 2015 21:30:00

BigGrin A very nice start MartynCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Tomick
#11 Posted : 21 October 2015 21:58:14

Groups:

Good to see another Felipe underway Cool
magpie1832
#12 Posted : 22 October 2015 07:47:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start Martyn. Look forward to seeing her grow.
Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Martyn Ingram
#13 Posted : 22 October 2015 10:49:26

BigGrin Thanks for the comments Alan Mick Andy MR T and Chris Cool

I have started planking the deck and will post some pics later Cool

Thanks for looking in rgd Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Martyn Ingram
#14 Posted : 23 October 2015 15:22:47

BigGrin Hi all Cool

I have finished planking the deck and have moved on to the anchors Cool

The anchors are cast and with very little mold lines . The stock is also cast as I want a all wood finish I have made some out of walnut with tin foil bands to look like iron Cool

Next step is putting more frames onto the keel . As before thay have been set to right angles to the keel Cool As you can see I am useing a build jig to hold the keel in place BigGrin

More to follow see you soon rgd Martyn
ships 059.jpg
ships 061.jpg
ships 062.jpg
ships 066.jpg
ships 068.jpg
ships 071.jpg
ships 072.jpg
Building ?
Next Build ?
nightwisher
#15 Posted : 23 October 2015 20:45:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi martyn, good to see you back with another long term project,I thoroughly enjoyed your sovereign build from start to finish.Will be following your build log when I can inbetween work and trying to finish my sovereign.
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
stevie_o
#16 Posted : 23 October 2015 20:57:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Gandale
#17 Posted : 24 October 2015 00:30:06

Nicely done Martyn and I agree with you about the anchor, much better with wooden stocks.... Look forward to your next update...

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#18 Posted : 26 October 2015 14:31:14

BigGrin Thanks for the bril comments guys Cool

Onwards with the build . I have fitted some more ribs to the keel and after they had dryed started fitting the lower decks Cool . I like the decks going in as it stiffens up the ship no end ThumpUp

Next job planking the top decks . The planks have been corked by useing a pencil along the edge Cool . After the openings have been cut out I could see the deck underneath so painted it black Cool

The bulkhead that comes through the deck I have planked with some leftover planks from the SoTs BigGrin

Thanks for looking rgd Martyn
ships 073.jpg
ships 074.jpg
ships 076.jpg
ships 077.jpg
ships 079.jpg
ships 082.jpg
ships 085.jpg
ships 087.jpg
ships 097.jpg
ships 098.jpg
Building ?
Next Build ?
Tomick
#19 Posted : 26 October 2015 18:22:28

Groups:

Neat work and coming together fast Cool
Martyn Ingram
#20 Posted : 26 October 2015 19:10:40

BigGrin Thanks for the nice comment MR T this ship is a dream to build very little adjustments to the parts and I would recommend it to first time builder and the experienced Cool . It will slow down a lot when I get to the planking though Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?