Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages «<5678>
Martyns San Felipe build Options
ian smith
#121 Posted : 15 March 2016 13:07:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Martyn.
Realy superp looking build. Great job on the rigging so far. look forward to your next instalment IanCool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Martyn Ingram
#122 Posted : 31 March 2016 11:50:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Thank you all for the brilliant comments Cool

I have started rigging the mizzenmast as I like to work from the back to the front as I find it easier as you don't crash into the rigging you have already done Cool

The instructions say to put the yards up first and then sew the sails to them Confused I tried this and failed dismally how the heck you do that I don't know Confused

So plan B fitted the sails first and bingo it was a lot easier BigGrin

To brake up the rigging I started fitting the anchors to the side of the ship Cool

That's all for the moment

Rgd Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 345.jpg
ships 347.jpg
ships 348.jpg
ships 349.jpg
ships 352.jpg
ships 353.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
arpurchase
#123 Posted : 31 March 2016 16:30:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking great Martin, she is certainly starting to look the part nowCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

davetwin
#124 Posted : 31 March 2016 20:35:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's a very nice looking build Martyn ThumpUp
birdaj2
#125 Posted : 01 April 2016 09:11:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martyn

You have made a brilliant job of the build.

Looks like a really good model.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
ian smith
#126 Posted : 01 April 2016 10:59:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Martyn.
Great start on your sails.
Look forwards to seeing the next update.
Ian.Cool BigGrin
Gandale
#127 Posted : 01 April 2016 16:24:55

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Gets better and better every time I look in Martyn, looks brill.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
jase
#128 Posted : 01 April 2016 22:58:42

Hi Martyn,

I have been quietly following your build with much interest. I will be honest, I have used and are about this kit. Ship looks loverly but some of the brass etch spoils it I think, so have enjoyed all your little scratch builds and mods, so much so that I know i will be subscribing to this at some point.

waiting for the new release to land as i am quite looking forward to building along with the forum again.

phenomenal build, enjoyed every post, cannot wait to see it in the finished build gallery.

Jase

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Martyn Ingram
#129 Posted : 02 April 2016 08:33:48

BigGrin Thank you all for the brilliant comments Cool

I would recommend this kit to all ship builders as it went together without any problems and you can add as much detail as you wish Cool I must admit I didn't like the PE but used them as templates to make my own Cool

Thanks again for looking in ,some more pics to follow Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
tf64
#130 Posted : 02 April 2016 08:54:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

You certainly have put the time in on your build Martyn and we can see by your result, great skills shown hear, looking forward to the next post.

Regards

Trev.

Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Martyn Ingram
#131 Posted : 18 April 2016 11:42:01

BigGrin Thanks Ian for the comments Cool

Right last update for the San Felipe Cool

I have fitted all the ropes to the belay pins and tided up the ship BigGrin

I have really enjoyed building this ship , it went together with no problems at all and has made a stunning model I would recommend this to experienced builders and novices

Thanks for following Cool

Rgd Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 354.jpg
ships 356.jpg
ships 357.jpg
ships 365.jpg
ships 367.jpg
ships 368.jpg
Building ?
Next Build ?
birdaj2
#132 Posted : 18 April 2016 12:08:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martyn

That looks a lovely build indeed.

Understand the issue with the sails/yards as it does not leave much room to work.

Hope the remaining build goes well for you.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Martyn Ingram
#133 Posted : 18 April 2016 20:30:32

BigGrin Cheers Tony for the brilliant comment Cool

I must admit I like rigging Cool

Thanks again for looking in rgd Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
arpurchase
#134 Posted : 18 April 2016 21:44:59

BigGrin Looks the biz Martyn well done on a great buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

ian smith
#135 Posted : 18 April 2016 22:59:08

Hi Martyn.
Love this build, The contrast in colours is fantastic. Look forward to seeing your next build. Ian, Cool Drool Drool BigGrin
mark 2
#136 Posted : 19 April 2016 06:03:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Martyn BigGrin .
Wow you have done a great job and looks fantastic Love Drool .
Look forward to seeing more BigGrin .
Best regards.
Mark
jase
#137 Posted : 19 April 2016 06:33:52

Wow she is really looking great. Hats off, this is a very fine bold

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Martyn Ingram
#138 Posted : 19 April 2016 13:16:20

BigGrin Thanks for looking in guys and the brilliant comments Cool

I have loved this build and it's been fun Cool

My next build is going to be something I used to do about 20 odd years ago as things have moved on in that time . I am really looking forward to it Cool

See you soon rgd Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Gandale
#139 Posted : 19 April 2016 14:22:37

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

One to be proud of Martyn, you've done a cracking job with her.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
tigerace
#140 Posted : 19 April 2016 15:01:33

wow shes a stunnerLove you must be very proud well doneBigGrin regards Phil
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!