Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages <1234>
Fozys Cutty Sark Options
Foz
#41 Posted : 21 August 2011 14:00:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Catman. Dont even think mine will be finished by then, especilly with the limited amount of time i have to spend on the builds.

Anyway. A little more done today.

Well thats all i am able to do at moment as the wood for the embellishments they have not sent me yet.

Happy Building folks.

Foz
jonny7england
#42 Posted : 21 August 2011 15:15:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Impressive Fozy..very impressive in deed mate...ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Foz
#43 Posted : 21 August 2011 18:11:30

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Cheers Jonny. Must say im enjoying this build.

Well i was not going to continue today but thanks to Karls advice i have done. And may i say its telling on me now as fingers are achin like hell after sanding all the embellishments.

Well thats definatley it for now. And unfortunatly for me thats it for at least 3 weeks as im away again.

So happy building peeps and have fun

Foz
karl1113
#44 Posted : 21 August 2011 18:26:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

now it's looking like the real thing.well done.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Foz
#45 Posted : 21 August 2011 18:35:09

Cheers Karl.
Your assistance with this build is much appreciated.

Foz
MWG
#46 Posted : 22 August 2011 13:57:16

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very niceCool Foz
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Foz
#47 Posted : 17 September 2011 19:05:18

Thanks for the kind comments lads. Got some time off work so am going to spend the week on my builds.
Have just done a little on the sark as it took me ages to shape the gunwale covers and the bow forecastle frames.

Well thats it for today. Not much but shes getting there.

regards

Foz
Foz
#48 Posted : 21 September 2011 18:43:58

Well have a wee bit more done today.

Got the portholes drilled out.

Also got the strengteners on the bow.

However. After filling in around the bow and atern area, when varnished the filler stands out way to much so have decided to put a venear on the lower part of the hull that is not painted.
So thats all for now untill the venear arrives.

Happy building folks

Foz
Foz
#49 Posted : 24 September 2011 20:03:27

Just got a small amount done. The venear arrived so ive redone the hull and made a start on the painting.

karl1113
#50 Posted : 25 September 2011 09:48:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

nicely done (veneer)will look great when varnished.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

jonny7england
#51 Posted : 25 September 2011 11:00:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great work Foz...she's going to look a real cracker!!...ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Foz
#52 Posted : 29 September 2011 17:01:26

Thanks for the nice comments lads. Im back home now for a couple of days so can get a bit more work done.

Regards

Foz
arpurchase
#53 Posted : 29 September 2011 20:13:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Lookin great m8 its a credit to your building skills
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Foz
#54 Posted : 22 October 2011 11:26:07

Finally got round to doing a bit more work.

Got the rudder on then after looking at the instructions again realized that i left the hinges on the hull full instead of cutting them down. Ah well, to late now.

Also got one side done with the trims and the port holes. Still trying to find the ovel shaped port holes though, im sure ill stumble on them some were.

Well thats it for now, happy building folks.

Foz
karl1113
#55 Posted : 22 October 2011 12:46:58

good to have you back foz,coming on a treat.

Foz
#56 Posted : 22 October 2011 13:44:06

Thanks Karl.

Just been looking at your build, have started on the hatches why i wait for paint to dry on the fenders for the other side.

Also, been thinking about the gunport covers. I see you have painted yours white, while in the so called instructions they are black. I am how ever trmpted not to put them on. What are your thoughts on this?
Foz
#57 Posted : 11 November 2011 16:34:06

Finally got a bit more work done. have done the hatches.

Have now started on the chains but i am fining it difficult using the 1mm wire suplied, so what do you lot think of using a thinner wire which i find i can work better around the dead eyes without spliting them?

Any comments are welcome and happy building

Regards

Foz
karl1113
#58 Posted : 11 November 2011 16:55:42

hi foz,use what is best for you,I used .08mm. brasswire and drilled hole in deck,and superglued them to the deck and superglued them to the chainholders,because they take a lot of strain from the shrouds.

allanc62
#59 Posted : 11 November 2011 17:57:52

Groups:

Hi Foz
Looking good

As for the channels, I used 0.6mm pre-painted brass wire from Hobbycraft
I found this a lot easier to work with plus it was more in keeping with the real thing.
jonny7england
#60 Posted : 11 November 2011 18:17:37

Great stuff Foz improvising is the best way to go...brill job mate...ThumpUp