Tiswas
#61 Posted : 19 November 2011 17:45:10

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Nice build Foz, very impressed.
TIS
Foz
#62 Posted : 19 November 2011 19:30:25

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for the nice comments lads. As i said before im really enjoying this build when i can get to it.
Will not be able to do anything untill some time next month as stuck on camp till then and am really missing the builds and getting way behind.

But hey ho, will have to wait, will at least get some time at home at christmas unless i get a chancve before then.

Regards

Foz
Foz
#63 Posted : 25 November 2011 11:35:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very surprised to get a couple of days at home so time for a bit more work.

I have found doing the clump blocks very difficult because of the size and because they sit so close to the side, i am tempted not to fit them in yet untill the riging starts as im not sure if i will be able to get the thread through them if they are glued in place.

As Karl has allready done this i would like his input on this.

Happy building folks.

regards

Foz
MWG
#64 Posted : 25 November 2011 13:16:09

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Foz

Your work looks very good, well doneBigGrin Cool

MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Foz
#65 Posted : 26 November 2011 11:52:44

Cheers MWG for your encouragement.

Have spent a bit more time working on her and here is the progress.

Thats it for now, time to go and get a bit more done.
Happy building

Foz
Foz
#66 Posted : 08 December 2011 15:27:03

Time off work and a wee bit more work done, It has taken me all day to get the anchors on but here is the up date,

Thats it for now.#
Regards

Foz
Foz
#67 Posted : 27 December 2011 10:34:31

Well first of all i hope every one on this forum has had a great Christmas. I did and managed to get some work done also.

Started on the cabins.

I also took Karls advice and made the chains longer so that the clump blocks went into the deck instead of the side of the ship.

And managed to get the cabins finished but i have not glued them in place just yet.

Time for more work now. Have started on the bilge pump but am havings problems trying to sort out which parts i need for the handles. But im sure something will show up.

regards

Foz
jonny7england
#68 Posted : 27 December 2011 10:43:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great build Foz...Very Impressive mate....Drool ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
MWG
#69 Posted : 27 December 2011 11:28:31

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Fabulous work Foz,Its a credit to you

Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Foz
#70 Posted : 28 December 2011 23:06:31

Thanks for the kind coments lads.

Regards

Foz
arpurchase
#71 Posted : 28 December 2011 23:13:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nicely done there Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

jase
#72 Posted : 29 December 2011 00:28:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I am really enjoying watching your build come together its a stunning model.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Foz
#73 Posted : 30 December 2011 19:26:45

Thanks for the kind comments lads. Today i managed to get the brigedeck wardroom done. Once again as there are other parts to do on the side of the ship i have not glued them in place yet. But ill let you see what you think.

Well thats it for now.

However. I have a question for Karl as he has done this build. The brackets for the life boats. Did you find them to short to fit across the width of the build, if so how did you over come this as either mine are to short or i have built the hull to wide?

Any help would be greatfull.

And if i do not post again this year i wish everyone on here a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Regards

Foz
Foz
#74 Posted : 14 January 2012 14:16:45

Well update time again. Spent the last day building the accomodation ladder.

She is now really taking shape.

Happy building folks.

Regards

Foz
Foz
#75 Posted : 14 January 2012 14:18:43

Now time for some advice if you would not mind.

Its time to do the life boats and launch.

You have to cover them in wood, my question is, as they are cast, which would be the best glue to use to attach the wood to the metal.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Foz
MWG
#76 Posted : 14 January 2012 14:27:52

Hi Foz contact adhesive would be good or second choice super glueBigGrin Hope that helpsBigGrin Mike

Foz
#77 Posted : 09 February 2012 12:03:13

Hi Guys. Well have a little more done. I have completed the life boats and the launches and i must say that i am not overley impressed with the way they turned out as it was adding wood to cast metal. But here are the pics for your comments.

As the life boats are quite close to the sides of the hull i may take them off untill some of the rigging is in place as its a very tight space to work.

I also started on the fore mast. Nothing glued yet but i found a problem with the size dowel they say to use and the size of the holes in the other peices they go in to, they are much smaller and the dowel needed a lot of sanding down.

I might order some smaller doamiter dowel, not sure yet.

Well thats it for now. Happy building folks.

regards

Foz
karl1113
#78 Posted : 09 February 2012 13:56:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

coming on a treat foz,sorry I missed the question 'bout the life boat supports,mine were ok,but like you I thought they were too short,but they fitted ok in the end,a little tip here if you don't mind me saying so,the brass wire for the hand rails,it comes on a roll,to straighten it you need to stretch it with two pair of nose pliers,and for smaller lengths you can roll it on a flat surface with a small file,the grooves in the file grips the wire,so as you roll it it straightens up.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
samson
#79 Posted : 24 December 2015 10:14:03

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Foz BigGrin
you model looks wery nice .Cool lowe too see more lovly pic. of it .BigGrin

Jens.
OldMart
#80 Posted : 18 February 2021 13:01:56

Hi Fozy. when you put the rubber fenders on the bow bracings, did you have a problem getting the space for the brass name and trimmings? is so how did you do it. Thanks OldMart