Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
Jural's Victory Options
jural
#1 Posted : 31 October 2015 21:50:22

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Not done much modelling in the last 18 months and have several models on the go gathering dust, these can be seen under my previous name of Allanc62. Had to re-register as Jural as I was unable to access my account.
I'm trying to come to terms with a dramatic change in my life and decided that getting down to some modelling would help me to get through this period in my life.
I purchased the Victory some time ago and decided to make a start on her.
Here are a few pics of my progress and will post more as I go along.

stevie_o
#2 Posted : 31 October 2015 22:25:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martyn Ingram
#3 Posted : 31 October 2015 22:49:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Good to see you back and looking forward to seeing your build Cool
Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 31 October 2015 23:32:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Now thats a great start and hopefully a step in the right direction for you. Good luck with the build and your future endevoursCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#5 Posted : 01 November 2015 01:24:40

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Jural, it's great to see you back with us and hope now you can get back to working on your builds. Superb start, looks very neat, clean and can see you've taken a great deal care over her....Cool Cool .. Very well done, look forward to seeing more of your work....Cool Cool..

Regards

Alan
eebygum
#6 Posted : 01 November 2015 14:19:33

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Jural

looks like a nice clean build you have got going there, look forward to more pics
FINISHED BUILDS---- HMS Victory--Bismarck--Battleship Yamato-D51 Steam Train--Pocher Ferrari Testarossa--Soleil Royal--Schnellboot S-100--StageCoach 1848--HMS HOOD-- Delorean (Back to the Future)
jonny7england
#7 Posted : 01 November 2015 15:05:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking great jural...Nice and clean work...Keep the pictures coming!! Smile ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
davetwin
#8 Posted : 01 November 2015 16:29:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I really love the look of these ship models when it's just the frame, looks like you have got off to a great start ThumpUp
jural
#9 Posted : 01 November 2015 19:01:36

Firstly many thanks for the great comments.Blushing
Completed the second phase of planking and cut the middle deck gunports.
I've also made a start on the first of the ship's boats.

Gandale
#10 Posted : 02 November 2015 00:05:23

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very neat and tidy planking.... carry on like this and you'll end up with a very nice build indeed.... Cool Cool .. Look forward to your next update... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#11 Posted : 02 November 2015 09:36:32

BigGrin Very neat and tidy Cool

Reg Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
magpie1832
#12 Posted : 02 November 2015 11:33:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Coming on a treat. Planking looks neat and tidy. Keep it up.
Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Hans
#13 Posted : 04 November 2015 08:30:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good job there Jural, job being well done. Looks great
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Plymouth57
#14 Posted : 04 November 2015 17:58:45

Nicely done there Jural, lovely planking, and another beauty on the way by the look of it!Cool Cool

Best of luck!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
jural
#15 Posted : 18 November 2015 19:59:33

Been a busy few weeks so not a lot of building completed.
I have carried on with the longboat and managed to get her painted. I'm not happy with the PE duckboards, so have ordered 1mm gratings.
I found making the hull strakes from the wood supplied a problem so I opted for 20 thou plastic card and the bonus came when cutting the required width from the sheet of card it developed a natural curve which was perfect for the shape of the hull.

Martyn Ingram
#16 Posted : 18 November 2015 21:50:51

BigGrin Nice job on the ships boat jural looking good Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
stevie_o
#17 Posted : 18 November 2015 23:03:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Gandale
#18 Posted : 18 November 2015 23:30:06

Hi Jural, great work on the ships boat, skilfully done....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
greyhawk
#19 Posted : 19 November 2015 03:52:11

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Plymouth57
#20 Posted : 21 November 2015 00:03:34

Nicely done indeed!Cool Cool
That's one of the benefits of the painted version - you can use any material you like! I've been using plasticard here and there on my DelPrado Victory too!BigGrin

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1