Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages 123>»
AgentRev's Build diary Options
AgentReverie
#1 Posted : 20 November 2015 01:57:05

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hello everyone!
Well I just got an e-mail indicating my first pack is on the way, so I guess this is my placeholder for a build diary. I've started perusing the other diaries with great interest.
Looking forward to building a 3D printer…
I'm also interested in Robi and the Millennium Falcon, but one thing at a time let's see how the money goes too lol BigGrin
JC
davetwin
#2 Posted : 20 November 2015 06:35:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to forum JC

I'm not building the 3D printer myself but it does look really cool, and always great to see another build diary Cool

I am building the Falcon though and can say it's a beast and a really enjoyable build with endless customisation opportunities if that's your thing BigGrin
AgentReverie
#3 Posted : 21 November 2015 02:45:43

Maybe I'll wait on the MF! I looked through your build of it and it appears daunting...
Gandale
#4 Posted : 21 November 2015 11:31:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome to the forum JC, hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to following your progress with the 3D printer... Good luck with the build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
stevie_o
#5 Posted : 21 November 2015 16:17:30

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

AgentReverie
#6 Posted : 21 November 2015 23:39:22

thanks for the welcome everyone. ThumpUp
delboy271155
#7 Posted : 21 November 2015 23:51:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Welcome JC, BigGrin

Sure you will enjoy the 3D printer and make good use of it in the future.

Enjoy your time on MS and don`t forget, if you have a question or need advise just ask.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#8 Posted : 22 November 2015 00:24:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Welcome to the forum JC, enjoy your stay and buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

AgentReverie
#9 Posted : 24 November 2015 01:22:22

thanks again,
looks like I need to contact customer service….tell me if you can see this pic...
bits'n pieces
delboy271155
#10 Posted : 24 November 2015 04:23:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Sorry to see your problem, but yes you do need to contact CS,Crying

Your picture does show, but for future reference if you resize them to 660 pixels by approx 440 pixels they are bigger ànd fit the forum formatting.

Good Luck

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

AgentReverie
#11 Posted : 25 November 2015 02:41:21

thanks for the tip, will do that for the diaryThumpUp
edit: went back and posted a different size. Just for kicks.
AgentReverie
#12 Posted : 23 December 2015 03:08:23

so, I got the replacements but I guess CS misunderstood as I only got two of the four I need.
Contacted them again to explain the situation, and hopefully the balance are on the way.
Meanwhile I received pack 2 today.
Guys I'm getting a little anxious to start building this thing!! Woot
darbyvet
#13 Posted : 08 January 2016 16:21:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Hi Agent reverie,
I am mulling over subscribing to this.Did you get your parts that you needed.I am forum support for USA and I can help if you need it.

Carl
AgentReverie
#14 Posted : 09 January 2016 02:40:34

Are you able to assist in getting replacement parts by chance?
Still need a reinforcing plate from Stage 1
darbyvet
#15 Posted : 09 January 2016 06:12:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Sure I will do my best to help.I have sent you a PM

Carl
AgentReverie
#16 Posted : 23 January 2016 15:42:42

DSC03834 by JJ Cano, on Flickr

Pack 3 has arrived. While waiting for parts, I have been reviewing the booklets. I noticed a call-out about handling the acrylic pieces, warning of fingerprints. I decided to gather some supplies, like cotton gloves. So I found a 3-pack of brown gardening gloves at Lowes and also a pricey pair of plain cotton gloves at a RiteAid store nearby. I wonder if latex or rubber gloves would be suitable? There is a dollar store very close to us.

I have used ziplock bags(dollar store!) to sort out the small packets of screws/washers by the stage they are used for. Where applicable I have also put smaller acrylic parts with them too. Maybe I'll post a pic of that later.
That's all for now, thanks for looking.
Mellow
birdaj2
#17 Posted : 23 January 2016 15:52:16

Latex or rubber gloves would be fine as all you are looking to do is prevent grease from finger prints getting on the parts.

For my D51 loco build i bought a pack of 100 non powdered vinyl gloves.

The only thing you may find if you have warm hands is they can get a little uncomfortable to wear for very long.

You need to remember that you need a glove that is thin otherwise it will be like wearing armour when joining some of the parts together.

BigGrin
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
darbyvet
#18 Posted : 23 January 2016 16:00:21

Latex gloves would work, but make sure you dont have a latex allergy.I would also make sure you get powder free gloves.If the gloves are uncomfortable after you wear them for a while you may have the wrong size gloves.If you wear them for a while I would also make sure you wash your hands as soon as you take them off.

AgentReverie
#19 Posted : 19 February 2016 23:54:29

Thanks for the tips about the gloves. I think I've decided to try it with out any. With invaluable help from darbyvet, I am finally able to start the 3D printer.
My camera battery wasn't charged, but I have started anyway and here is the finished Stage 1.
Handle the reinforcing plates carefully, they appear to be very fragile. I used a dab of Elmer's glue on each nut, just like the booklet suggests, as the nuts will not stay in without any glue. I peeled the protective paper off the plates and glued the nuts in, then while that set, I proceeded to peel the paper of the table base. The Assembly Guide is pretty straightforward. Read through it to familiarize yourself with the construction. Also I'm building this at our kitchen table; I don't have a garage or a worktable. Laugh
Gandale
#20 Posted : 20 February 2016 00:03:00

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Off to a good start by the looks of things, look forward to seeing this one progress.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan