Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tool List Options
Braderz300
#1 Posted : 20 November 2015 17:01:06

Groups: Registered

Hello, I am Building the Lamborghini Huracan and would like to know all of the tools that I would need to finish this build.

I can see in pack one I need a modeling clamp etc. But I seem to need a new tool each pack I receive.

This means I need to go to my local modeling shop each time I get a pack. It would be much easier for me to have a list of what I need and then I can get all of the items at once.

I hope you can advise. Thank you.
stevie_o
#2 Posted : 20 November 2015 19:00:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Braderz, Welcome to modelspace.

There are a few tools you may have to buy but most required tools and materials will either be found round the home or can be bought in any hardware shop, not specifically a model shop.

you will also find you can do without some of the listed tools and materials or find equally good alternatives.

Here's a list anywayBigGrin

pencil
a piece of fine-grade sandpaper
superglue
pliers (standard, angled and needle nose)
a modelling clamp
narrow strip of cloth or thin card
hex wrenches (Allen keys) 1.5mm,2mm 2.5mm and 5mm.
Phillips screwdriver
Insulation tape
Cross wrench

Later in the build you will also need a body reamer and lexan scissors.

As this collection is not yet complete I will add anything else that comes up later.

Steve
michu
#3 Posted : 20 November 2015 19:51:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I'd also add shock shaft pliers, they are quite useful for assembling shocks without the fear of damaging the shaft.
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Braderz300
#4 Posted : 21 November 2015 16:35:13

Thank you for the response guys, I really do appreciate it. At least I know what I'm definitely going to need now BigGrin

Kind Regards Braderz