Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Paint Options
Ste
#1 Posted : 03 December 2015 16:10:38

Groups: Registered

Is there a full paint list available for the Akagi
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 03 December 2015 19:16:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Ste

For my Akagi I used Tamiya IJN Grey [Kure Arsenal] XF-75 although an alternative grey could be XF-77 IJN Grey [Sasebo arsenal ]. Most japanese shipyards mixed there own grey on site so a naval man in the know could tell where a ship had just had its refit or repairs just by the colour of the grey paint.

The anti fowling red for the lower hull I used Hull Red XF-9 . For the decks I used XF-79 Linoleum Deck Brown as for anything else Matt White, black should be fine and you may want to use Tamiyas XF-55 Deck Tan for the bow area instead. Lastly Tamiyas X33 Bronze for the props.

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Ste
#3 Posted : 04 December 2015 09:15:09

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi Ste

For my Akagi I used Tamiya IJN Grey [Kure Arsenal] XF-75 although an alternative grey could be XF-77 IJN Grey [Sasebo arsenal ]. Most japanese shipyards mixed there own grey on site so a naval man in the know could tell where a ship had just had its refit or repairs just by the colour of the grey paint.

The anti fowling red for the lower hull I used Hull Red XF-9 . For the decks I used XF-79 Linoleum Deck Brown as for anything else Matt White, black should be fine and you may want to use Tamiyas XF-55 Deck Tan for the bow area instead. Lastly Tamiyas X33 Bronze for the props.

Regards

AndyCool

Thanks thats a great help.
Once i started ordering through cornwall models a helpfull list came up with pritty much everything you suggested. Big help thanks.
Looking forward to this build, been wanting to start this one for a while. LOL