Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages «<5678>
Heller 1/100 17th Century ship of the line Options
ian smith
#121 Posted : 09 August 2016 23:20:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Ken.
looking really great keep the pictures coming.
Ian
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Gandale
#122 Posted : 09 August 2016 23:47:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Another nice update Ken, looking good...

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#123 Posted : 10 August 2016 07:10:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Love the cannons Ken keep the pictures coming

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
kpnuts
#124 Posted : 12 August 2016 21:19:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all these cannons are a bit tedious but I've done a bit more, not happy with them, they still don't look very realistic (each one is less than 1/2 an inch long, well the carriage is anyway), so I can't do much with them but I'm wondering weather the decking from the 1/72 revell flower class corvette would look good stuck on and stained what do you think.

Ken's the name modeling's the game.
Plymouth57
#125 Posted : 12 August 2016 21:29:45

Hi Ken

If you want to try the veneer route I've got some hull strakes left over from the DelPrado Bounty kit which are almost mahogany in colour, if you'd like a sheet let me know and I can send it on to you. You wouldn't need to stain it, just clear varnish would give it a good finish.

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
kpnuts
#126 Posted : 15 October 2016 20:46:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all well i know I've not touched this for a while, Pam just snapped the fore mast, apparently she was just getting the dog a treat  (the bag with the treats in was on the table with the kit) my fault entirely, she is so upset I'm more cross she even tried to, that's what I'm here for to get stuff, trouble is she thinks because she can make it to the loo and make a cuppa she can do anything, I love her to bits and can't wait for her to get better. Anyway when I do get back on this that will be the first thing for me to takle. 
Ps thanks but I am going to stick with how the cannons look now. Again thanks for the offer.
kpnuts
#127 Posted : 07 February 2017 21:10:31

Right after some good advice I may well get started back on this, I've just bought these 3 books

So hopefully after a good read the rigging won't be sooooo scarey.
Gandale
#128 Posted : 07 February 2017 21:32:12

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Good to hear you're getting back onto this one Ken, will be watching....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
kpnuts
#129 Posted : 07 February 2017 22:33:56

Thanks mate, lot of reading to do but hopefully it won't seem so daunting in the end.
birdaj2
#130 Posted : 08 February 2017 10:39:57

Ken

Well done for picking this one up again.

It was coming along so well so a pity not to finish it.

Hope the rest of the build goes well.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
magpie1832
#131 Posted : 08 February 2017 14:21:06

Look forward to seeing you progress more on this. Great news u back at it.
Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

snowman100fish
#132 Posted : 21 February 2017 19:34:04

hi (kpnuts) i sent you a message please can you pm me please
File Attachment(s):
20170216_174054.jpg (2,486kb) downloaded 122 time(s).
20170221_164756.jpg (2,239kb) downloaded 109 time(s).
kpnuts
#133 Posted : 06 August 2017 16:37:16

Hi all well I'm back on this but with a change of attack, it's now going to be a water line model, I didn't like the ships boats on the deck (take up too much space and I don't believe the ship would have operated like that) so it will be towed along side something like this.

jase
#134 Posted : 06 August 2017 17:19:21

looking good ken

jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Gandale
#135 Posted : 06 August 2017 22:26:55

Good to see you back on this one Ken, nice progress.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
kpnuts
#136 Posted : 08 August 2017 19:54:33

Hi all which of these positions do you think looks best, straight ahead or at a jaunty angle.

kpnuts
#137 Posted : 15 August 2017 20:33:16

Hi all well I've detailed up one of the ships boats (I suppose that means I will have to do the other one now)here's the before

Put the bathroom sealant on and started painting the tops of the waves

Loads more wave painting to do.
I've removed a couple of the guns to load the supplies into I understand they used some sort of pulley system from the spars to load the supplies with and I want to depict that has anyone got any detailed drawings of how this was achieved.

I've only used one of the port and starboard anchors, I'm hoping the other two are spares, I can't imagine they used all 4 anchors or am I wrong.
birdaj2
#138 Posted : 15 August 2017 20:35:26

Love the water effect Ken. Very neatly executed and looks real.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Martyn Ingram
#139 Posted : 15 August 2017 21:08:31

BigGrin Hi Ken the use of the anchors all depends how fast the tide was flowing, four if it's really bad and two for most tides. If you check out my wasa build it shows the lifts for the ships boats which was also used for loading stores Cool

Hope this helps rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
kpnuts
#140 Posted : 15 August 2017 21:15:58

Thanks mate off to check it out now.