Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages <12345>»
Marks Build Log Options
Markwarren
#41 Posted : 11 April 2016 21:44:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Many thanks Moonman for the compliments. I look forward to seeing yours when finished, I spent hours on mine before I was happy with it.
Mark
Markwarren
#42 Posted : 17 April 2016 12:48:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Okay, been tinkering whilst waiting for the next lot of issues, which came yesterday. I was looking at the model last week, whilst painting the hull parts and wasn’t happy with the cutaway plastic piece which holds the battery pack in place. As I am not using the battery pack, going for the mains route, I was wondering what I could do with it to make it look like it belongs to the hull area. I started painting it with metalcote paint with the thought I would rust it up a little so it didn’t look out of place.

Then things started getting a little more adventurous, after looking at my Haynes manual, so started measuring and made a sketch of what I wanted. Below this area is a freight loading room, so with reference pictures and my own drawing, I took the plunge and started. I still have a long way to go, but though I would post to get your thoughts.

I still have all the lighting to go in, such as red light by each doorway, green glow light under the grill and some danger signs and piping/wiring etc, but hopefully you get the idea. I am also cutting a section out of the power pack piece and weathering it to match the other hull pieces and painting the frame that is exposed black, then weathering that to give the appearance of a steel hull, rusting in places. Still it keeps me busy.
Thanks for looking

Many thanks
MarkBigGrin
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
GoofyFoot
#43 Posted : 17 April 2016 13:08:52

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Wow! Nice bit of scratchwork there! Once again, you guys have managed to make me shake my head in amazement! Cool
If at first you don't succeed,

maybe you should skip the chainsaw juggling...
adriuus
#44 Posted : 17 April 2016 13:35:44

Nice work mark... Great idea ... As ive said before this is the benchmark build ThumpUp ThumpUp
Top stuff
davetwin
#45 Posted : 17 April 2016 17:43:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great idea and looks like you are pulling it off too, excellent work!! Can't wait to see it finished Cool
Nemesis
#46 Posted : 17 April 2016 17:53:58

Absolutely amazed at what you Falcon builders are doing with this build, top work!BigGrin
Markwarren
#47 Posted : 17 April 2016 18:48:15

Many thanks guys, I'll post when finished, I have been putting the remaining frame together with the parts I received yesterday. Painted the exposed area of the frame black, ready for weathering to look more like steel gurders. Looks a lot better now I've put the hull pieces back on.
Many thanks for all the encouragement
Mark
Photo 17-04-2016, 15 38 28.jpg
Shauncnh
#48 Posted : 17 April 2016 19:05:11

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking good as alwaysBigGrin

Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Build- titanic,Skyrider drone, solar system, T72 tank
ian smith
#49 Posted : 17 April 2016 22:18:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mark.
Very nice Build, fantastic weathering, keep the pictures coming Ian. Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
arpurchase
#50 Posted : 17 April 2016 22:45:37

BigGrin Looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

LrdSatyr8
#51 Posted : 18 April 2016 20:31:42

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Love the idea below the battery box! Very nicely done my friend!
Markwarren
#52 Posted : 20 April 2016 10:24:48

Hi, thanks for all the encouraging comments, most appreciated. I have been doing a little more to the freight room last night, before I get involved with painting the remaining hull area. I still have some more lighting to go in by the other doorway and there will be some ambient green lighting under the flooring as there is in my hold area. Just a few bits of piping and some wiring that will connect to the hold area, then I’m finished, not too much different from my original picture. The last photo is where I have cut the battery cover which will be weathered and painted the same as the hull.
Thanks for looking.
Mark

Photo 19-04-2016, 23 56 37.jpg
Photo 19-04-2016, 23 56 57.jpg
Photo 20-04-2016, 00 11 01.jpg
adriuus
#53 Posted : 20 April 2016 13:06:07

We are not worthy ... Drool Drool Drool Love Love Love
LrdSatyr8
#54 Posted : 20 April 2016 14:18:25

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Very nicely done... I was thinking of painting my frame too to give it a more gunmetally feel to it as well! :) Don't forget the frame over on the corridor walkway! :)
Markwarren
#55 Posted : 20 April 2016 14:52:32

Many thanks Ade, I have really enjoyed doing it, didn't think it would work when I started it, but very pleased. I know its not as polished as some of the parts we get, but thats my own mark I have put on it. Pardon the pun BigGrinLOL
LrdSatyr8 : Many thanks for the heads up, missed that, as the cutaway section is still taped on the inside, whilst I was painting the hull.LOL
Many thanks
Mark
Markwarren
#56 Posted : 02 May 2016 18:37:35

Just thought I would give an update to my Cargo area, still some more to do on the framework with some greebies, wiring and piping but the pictures should give some idea. Once this is done, I’ll complete the painting of the remaining hull sections.
This is a picture of the cargo area with the ambient green lighting below the floor grills and how I wired them together and the top hull section resting on it, with the hold area and the weathered front panel. There is also a ducting pipe, with more to follow.

Mark
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
Markwarren
#57 Posted : 02 May 2016 18:40:04

Here is just a bit of fun video I made, help from BB8 with my lighting.
https://youtu.be/sJWJ86H3L0w

Mant thanks Mark
GoofyFoot
#58 Posted : 02 May 2016 18:50:06

Ha! Cute idea! LOL
If at first you don't succeed,

maybe you should skip the chainsaw juggling...
scraperjawa
#59 Posted : 03 May 2016 05:43:34

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I love the extra interior idea you came up with, Mark. I might have to steal that idea when I get that far along. Your build is looking amazing.

Stephen

Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon

Markwarren
#60 Posted : 03 May 2016 07:52:11

Thanks for the comments, GoofyFoot, Stephen. To think it all started out as an experimement.