Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages «<56789>»
Marks Build Log Options
A Thumbs
#121 Posted : 14 September 2016 18:07:53

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Mark - that side panel looks like it weighs a ton: great job on giving it the feel of a WWII tank. Lovely to see such complex paintwork - really inspiring. You certainly have your work cut out for you if you're going to lavish the same amount of love on all the side panels! Can't wait to see more progress.
Al
Markwarren
#122 Posted : 14 September 2016 20:02:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Thanks, Carl, Al
Al.....I've always intended to go with the detail, and yes all the side panels will get the same treatment, didn't realise how long it would take though, and quite a discipline not to cut corners, and I still have lots of other bits to complete. But I'm enjoying this build so much and there is no way will I be finished until spring next year.
Markwarren
#123 Posted : 28 September 2016 00:17:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

So while I am waiting for the layers of paint on the second mandible to dry, I thought I would try to finish the corridor lights and wiring. Just finished the gunners access, thought I would post some pics, it looks better than the photos show, but should give some idea.
Thanks for looking.
Mark

Markwarren attached the following image(s):
IMG_1819.jpg
Photo 27-09-2016, 23 08 18.jpg
Photo 27-09-2016, 23 00 23.jpg
Photo 27-09-2016, 23 03 50.jpg
Arkkham
#124 Posted : 28 September 2016 11:13:39

Looks fantastic. Great job and idea with the gun access. Just wondering if you will still see the ladder when all pieces come together? Line of sight and so.
LrdSatyr8
#125 Posted : 28 September 2016 13:10:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

My turret tube looks awesome in your build bro... really brings the corridors to life don't it? Way to go!
Markwarren
#126 Posted : 28 September 2016 13:53:28

Thanks Arkkam
I'm hoping you will be able to see it when you take the hull pieces away, but I know it's there anyway. I'm also planning to mirror all the end pices of corridor, to make it look as though they still continue, so you should het to see it from the reflection.
Thanks Mark
Markwarren
#127 Posted : 28 September 2016 14:00:02

Thanks LrdSatyr8
Yes it looks fantastic what you have produced, just adds that extra dimension to it. I’ve put lighting behind to get the lighting effect with a piece of white paper pushed upto the open gaps to defuse the light. I’ve also placed a reflective mirrored piece of styrene on the bottom hole to give the effect of the ladder and tunnel being longer, you can just about see it in the comparison picture I did.
Thanks Mark
A Thumbs
#128 Posted : 28 September 2016 14:16:39

Exquisite work as always, Mark. I still can't decide whether I'm even going to bother putting the interior in there; mine pales beside the attention you've lavished on yours - as well as many of the other incredible custom jobs out there. Look forward to seeing more. How many hours do you think you've spent on this thing?
Markwarren
#129 Posted : 28 September 2016 14:30:21

Hi Al
Thank you, I dread to think how many hours I've spent on this, use to have a wife,...think she's still around somewhere,... Ah thats who's cooking my meals, anyway I digress. Actually she is a teacher and has lots of school work to do in the evenings so the first thing I ask her when I get home is, "Do you have any school work to do"?, so it works quite well.
If the value was put into the time I've spent, its worth about a million.
Thanks Mark
jaws062666
#130 Posted : 28 September 2016 14:50:50

Markwarren wrote:
Hi Al
Thank you, I dread to think how many hours I've spent on this, use to have a wife,...think she's still around somewhere,... Ah thats who's cooking my meals, anyway I digress. Actually she is a teacher and has lots of school work to do in the evenings so the first thing I ask her when I get home is, "Do you have any school work to do"?, so it works quite well.
If the value was put into the time I've spent, its worth about a million.
Thanks Mark

Mark,

My wife is also a teacher and I ask her every night if she has work to do. My football Sundays work out with her work as well as many of my evenings. Great stuff with such understanding wives. However, I was just informed that in no way will my finished Falcon sit on our coffee table. Of well, I just bought a display table for my office. I was going to mount it on the wall, but I want the gear on and the landing lights able to operate, and hanging it wont allow for that.
My current builds: The Millennium Falcon, Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa, Ford Mustang Shelby
Markwarren
#131 Posted : 28 September 2016 16:05:02

HAHA, that’s really funny, my wife said exactly the same thing and that its not allowed anywhere downstairs, must be cut from the same cloth!!!. Thank god my son moved out a while ago, just started to decorate his bedroom and turn it into my man cave. So that’s where mine is going.
GoofyFoot
#132 Posted : 28 September 2016 16:48:47

It must be a wife thing...I wanted to mount it to the wall in our bedroom. I even tried to sell it as "mood-lighting" for the room...she nixed that idea right off. LOL
If at first you don't succeed,

maybe you should skip the chainsaw juggling...
colson
#133 Posted : 28 September 2016 17:38:56

Same here. My wife said it's not going in the living room. So my table I built will be sitting in the middle of my office/model room taking up over half the floor space. Oh well, at least it'll be awesome looking.
Markwarren
#134 Posted : 28 September 2016 19:08:51

Wow, all these wives telling what we can't do, sounds like the Empire strikes back for us lot!!!!!
LrdSatyr8
#135 Posted : 28 September 2016 20:32:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I'm so happy I don't have to worry about the wife thing anymore... kicked her to the curb a few years ago. I can put my model anywhere I want! :) Muhaahahahahahahahaha!
Bill-Devine
#136 Posted : 28 September 2016 20:38:05

So I guess I am the lucky one, I told my wife mine is going in my media room so she has no problem with that.
Make things as simple as possible but not simpler... - Albert Einstein
Bill-Devine
#137 Posted : 28 September 2016 20:42:04

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
I'm so happy I don't have to worry about the wife thing anymore... kicked her to the curb a few years ago. I can put my model anywhere I want! :) Muhaahahahahahahahaha!

Yeah my first wife and I split up in 2004. She passed away this past December from stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I remarried on this day (9/28) in 2011. In our house I have my office, the Media room, along with a guest room and our bedroom.
Make things as simple as possible but not simpler... - Albert Einstein
bwize
#138 Posted : 01 October 2016 18:14:04

Dude, that's about the dirtiest, most beat up falcon I have yet to see, but in a good way, lol. Yours and darkview over at the RPF are really showing us all how it's done. Great job.
Markwarren
#139 Posted : 02 October 2016 15:23:37

Thanks Bwize, for those very kind comments Blushing BigGrin. If you put your mind to it, and not afraid to have ago, you can achieve anything.
Markwarren
#140 Posted : 03 October 2016 09:48:25

After putting the gunner’s corridor in, I noticed in the original picture the padding to the right of it was burnt and exposed the cables. I decided to have ago, not easy as I had already super glued the pieces together. But together with a few swear words I finished it. All it needs now is to fit the remaining wall lights up.

Thanks Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
Photo 03-10-2016, 08 08 33.jpg
Photo 02-10-2016, 19 29 03.jpg