RogerThornhill
#141 Posted : 03 October 2016 13:24:34

Groups: Registered

Just have to say, amazing work.!
bwize
#142 Posted : 19 October 2016 16:36:19

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

That interior is blowin my mind, lol. Love the area forward of the main hold and your turret inner details.

You mentioned in another poster's thread that you added small round magnets for your mandible side panels. Would love to see how you did that.
Markwarren
#143 Posted : 19 October 2016 22:08:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Many thanks bwize
I have actually glued the mandible side panels together as there is no need for me to ever do any mainanence on them internally. However, I have put small magnets where the front light is on the mandible in case I need to access this in the future.
I will be putting the rest of the side panels, of the main ship, in place with magnets, so if I ever need access to the screws holding the top hull in place I can remove them.
I will be posting pictures in the near future when I get that far, but if it is of help, the magnets I will be using are similar to the ones that were supplied with the detachable parts a while ago.
Mark
Markwarren
#144 Posted : 19 October 2016 22:10:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Sorry, forgot to say many thanks to Roger in an earlier post.
Markwarren
#145 Posted : 22 October 2016 19:37:11

I will be posting new build diary on the custom builds page here.
A complete guide of the cockpit build has been posted, with more to come, including lighting, and internal areas.
I will still be posting from time to time on my own build log and I will respond to any post I get.
Many thanks for looking.

Here is the link

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=14926

Mark

tunko
#146 Posted : 23 October 2016 23:06:09

OK. that shrink tubing on the balsa is pure genius!
delboy271155
#147 Posted : 19 November 2016 21:42:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Mark, BigGrin

This is one stunning build of the "Falcon".

Cool Love Cool Love Cool

For all your effort in the additional lighting effects and your time taken to explain the methods used, it has been decided to award you the "know how" medal.

I will make your medal award very soon. The award has been made outside of that section of the forum, as it is understandably very time consuming to reproduce it all again.

Congratulations and keep up the great work. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

adriuus
#148 Posted : 20 November 2016 00:27:25

congratulations on the medal award mark....richly deserved...been watching your work on the customised build too just haven't had chance to get to add comments....got a few falcony things to show you outside of this which I will post to you soon
Markwarren
#149 Posted : 20 November 2016 00:59:28

Wow, many thanks for the award Derek, and your very kind comments. I'm really enjoying this build and it has been great to be able to share some of the ideas I have picked up. Thank you very much.

Markwarren
#150 Posted : 20 November 2016 01:04:47

Thank you Ade.
Ive always taken a great interest at looking at your build log, and I look forward to seeing more. BigGrin ThumpUp
Mark
arpurchase
#151 Posted : 20 November 2016 08:54:00

BigGrin Congrats on the medal Mark ,Well doneCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

davetwin
#152 Posted : 20 November 2016 17:16:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well done on the medal Mark, definitely well deserved. This is a stunning build and all the effort you are putting into it will pay off when its finished Love Love
Markwarren
#153 Posted : 20 November 2016 20:16:04

Many thanks for your support guys. Just seen your post, I have been busy finishing the Nav computer today. I think I have more cables and electronics in it than the real thing. BigGrin
Mark
Gandale
#154 Posted : 20 November 2016 22:40:00

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

A medal that's richly deserved Mark. Your tips and techniques are really inspirational...... very well done and congrats.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Aegis159
#155 Posted : 24 November 2016 17:39:28

Loving the work!
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said... "I Drank What?!?!"
Markwarren
#156 Posted : 18 December 2016 20:28:16

Just thought I would share with you all. Although I’m concentrating on the custom build at the moment, I’ve pieced together my Millennium Falcon, minus many parts, as I have received the display case I had ordered from Widdowsons Ltd. It is a 5mm thick acrylic case on a black ash wooden base and mirrored bottom. Just couldn’t resist to see what it looked like. The pictures do it no justice at all, but I hope you can get some idea.
I was very pleased.

Thanks Mark
BigGrin BigGrin
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
IMG_1820.JPG
IMG_1821.JPG
IMG_1822.JPG
birdaj2
#157 Posted : 18 December 2016 20:48:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Mark

Fantastic indeed and that display case is just the job.

A model such as this really does deserve something special to show it off to its best advantage.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
davetwin
#158 Posted : 18 December 2016 23:03:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice Mark, love the display case Drool

I must say you're doing an amazing job with the custom build ThumpUp
magpie1832
#159 Posted : 18 December 2016 23:49:01

Great job on your build Mark. That case definitely shows off the model at every angle.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Markwarren
#160 Posted : 19 December 2016 00:02:35

Many thanks Tony, Dave and Chris. The case really does show it off very nicely. Keep building models this size, I'm going to need a bigger house. LOL BigGrin