Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages «<78910>
Marks Build Log Options
Gandale
#161 Posted : 19 December 2016 00:12:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Beautiful Mark and I love the display case, it just sets everything off perfectly.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
gedmac66
#162 Posted : 19 December 2016 03:57:29

Groups: Registered

Congratulations Mark. You certainly have a great display case to showcase an even more beautiful object within . Yeah ,she ain't finished yet , but people who've been following your build are in the know re ; all the goodies not seen in your most recent photos . Well done mate , and keep posting and sharing . Merry Christmas to you and yours .BigGrin .Ged
GoofyFoot
#163 Posted : 19 December 2016 12:03:42

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Beautiful work thus far Mark, and the display case is fantastic! BigGrin
If at first you don't succeed,

maybe you should skip the chainsaw juggling...
Markwarren
#164 Posted : 19 December 2016 22:11:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Thank you for all the kind words and especially all the support over the last year. A Very Merry Christmas to you all.
gedmac66
#165 Posted : 28 January 2017 01:10:14

G'day Mark , happy belated ' New Year ' mate to you and yours .

Went on your Customized Build Site Pt 4 . Terrific updates re ; the scratch - turret interior , and how to install using rubber tubing .

Tried to save your generous sharing of dimensions for said housing , but couldn't access the info . Don't have photo bucket app . Wondering if you'd consider just posting a photo with the dimensions and posting that instead ?

Also what type of rubber - tubing did you use / is it easily obtainable ?

Any and all help , as always , greatly appreciated . Cheers , ged.Drool
gedmac66
#166 Posted : 28 January 2017 01:12:59

P.s. Didn't know how to ask you all this on the ' Customize ' Site , so posted here instead . Blushing
SeanC
#167 Posted : 28 January 2017 02:17:59

Fantastic work there Mark. Absolutely stunning mate BigGrin
Markwarren
#168 Posted : 28 January 2017 11:50:35

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Many thanks for your kind words Sean amd Ged.

@Ged. Any questions, you can always get me here. A belated Happy new year to you and your family to.

The download file is setup in a shared Dropbox folder. If you click on the link and hit the download button, it does prompt you to sign in. At the bottom of that prompt, it says "No thanks, just download" or something like that. Anyway click there and it will download the PDF file. Any problems let me know.
As for the rubber tubing, I got it here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...amp;hash=item3a9aa25f41

Can't remember what sizes I ordered, but the larger tube must have been about 10mm.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Mark

gedmac66
#169 Posted : 28 January 2017 19:14:13

Thanks for the reply and help Mark . Finally figured out how to download the turret info . Cheers also for the rubber tubing site . Ged BigGrin
Markwarren
#170 Posted : 28 January 2017 19:19:01

No problem, if you need anything else just let me know. I hope the instruction were okay, it felt like I was beginning to waffle. BigGrin
Mark
LrdSatyr8
#171 Posted : 30 January 2017 14:20:33

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Love the display case so far. Are you going to be placing it on a post or with the landing gear down?
Markwarren
#172 Posted : 30 January 2017 15:06:44

Yes, I plan to have displayed on the landing legs, which is why I went for the mirrored display. I will also be building a re-fuelling pod with Han Solo standing next to it by the ramp area. As I will be powering the model by mains adapter, I plan to disguising the cable as a hose through the pod and into the Falcon, well that's the plan anyway.

Regards Mark
LrdSatyr8
#173 Posted : 31 January 2017 15:06:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Can't wait to see it when it's finished bro!
gedmac66
#174 Posted : 05 February 2017 09:26:16

G'day Mark ,

Just checked out your painting tutorial/s over on your customise thread # 4...very cool . Was wondering though , are you stopping there with the ' painting ' aspect / sealing then adding weathering pastels , or painting coloured panels then sealing , before adding final weathering pastels ? .

Your gunners chair came up a treat in custom thread # 5 . Is the humbrol ' metalcote ' available in spray cans , or just brush painted on ? Thanks for sharing ,

GedBigGrin
Markwarren
#175 Posted : 05 February 2017 10:43:39

Hi Ged
I build the frame and loosely put the hull panels on as they came monthly. When I had finished a certain section with many hull parts pieced together, including any pigments to finish that section off, I would give it a very light spray with Matt varnish. However, there were some parts that needed a little more paint and pigments, so you can still paint over the top of the varnish and then give it another light coat. If you know there are parts that need to be placed on the hull first, leave the varnishing, ideally until you think you have finished painting. Once I had finished painting, I always left the oils to really set for several weeks first, before applying any varnish.

As for the metalcote paint, I only use the spray cans. Here is a link for them.

http://www.humbrol.com/u...crylic-spray-paint.html

I'm sure you might pick them up cheaper from some where else.

I also use this paint for the small parts of the hull and side sections first, then spray them with an airbrush back to the hull colour, use the oils to weather them, and then scratch certain parts off, back to the metalcote colour to give them a more worn look.

Here is the top piece to give some idea

Hope that helps, and not waffled on to much.

Cheers
Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
IMG_1823.JPG
gedmac66
#176 Posted : 05 February 2017 18:30:13

Mark , you're brilliant , and I'm grateful as always .

Cheers , Ged .
davetwin
#177 Posted : 05 February 2017 21:39:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That looks great Mark Drool there are still a lot of small parts that will be added to the sections you've already painted later in the build.

Should look awesome when finished Cool
A Thumbs
#178 Posted : 06 February 2017 04:04:06

Indeed. Always fun to see your interpretation of this; I love what you bring to the idea of weathering. Give us some close-ups when you get a chance.
LrdSatyr8
#179 Posted : 06 February 2017 14:44:35

Love the paint job so far bro... really looks good! Can't wait to see it when it's finished!
Markwarren
#180 Posted : 08 February 2017 16:40:16

A Thumbs wrote:
Indeed. Always fun to see your interpretation of this; I love what you bring to the idea of weathering. Give us some close-ups when you get a chance.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I did the hull weathering some time ago. I was doing a paint guide in the customise section, and was just showing what it looked like when the section were pieced together. For some close up shots, if you go back to page 4 here, there are quite a few close up pictures. If you want some specific areas let me know.
Regards
Mark