Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages 123>»
Ice Cold In Alex Options
jase
#1 Posted : 21 January 2016 17:22:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Build of the year 2016 entry

1:35 scale Austin K2/Y 4 x 2 Heavy Ambulance by Accurate Armour

This is a Full resin kit which comes with etch brass a fully detailed chassis, engine and full intro with a good set of decals too. At £99 including postage this may seam like an expensive kit for 1:35 scale, but the resin detail is excellent and you don't have to spend lots of money on resin and etch upgrades, I think a good quality resin kit can often be cheaper than its last equivalent if your like to buy the upgrades.

For those of you who know the film 'Ice Cold In Alex' the Austin K2/Y is the famous ambulance called Katey that co-stars with John Mills.

This build will be depicted in a small desert Diorama

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 21 January 2016 17:30:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Love that film very much (as i do most b&w films of that era) and watch it over christmas again.

Remember the K2 from the airfix recovery set i thinknit was part of.

Be interested to see how you get on with this one. Lots of superglue so keepnthem fingers well,out of the way BigGrin

Should make up into a very nice model.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Nemesis
#3 Posted : 21 January 2016 17:37:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hello jase, looking forward to seeing this build!Love BigGrin
ModelMania
#4 Posted : 21 January 2016 22:03:13

Groups:

So very pleased to have you back amongst us Jase, I have really missed your builds and thought you were gone for good, but can I just say a very big and warm welcome back mate, you've just made my day!! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool ThumpUp ThumpUp

Love the look of this kit, it certainly looks a good 'un and I'm sure you'll make a cracking job of the build as always - I wish you well in the competition with it!? I know Robin (Plymouth57) was thinking of doing an 'Ice Cold in Alex' dio a few months back albeit with the Airfix 1:72 (or is it 1:76?) kit but in 1:35 this will be a stunner and I'm looking forward to it!!

Great film too, one I've watched many times and will watch many times more, it's just so very enjoyable - who wouldn't want to look at a very young and very sexy (and ahem ... very sweaty) Sylvia Syms over and over again? Blushing Drool BigGrin

Welcome back Jase!!

Kev Smile
Plymouth57
#5 Posted : 21 January 2016 22:33:42

Way to go Jase!

I recorded Ice Cold in Alex over Christmas for my (some time in the future) Airfix K2 film based diorama - now I can pinch (I mean research) from your bigger brother too!BigGrin

Best of luck M8

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
jase
#6 Posted : 22 January 2016 19:58:27

Thank you all for the intrest, sorry i did nit lnow there was anothe ice cold in alex planed

Nice to be posting again 😎
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
nightwisher
#7 Posted : 22 January 2016 23:04:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Jase, have to agree with modelmania I also thought you had gone after reading your last post of the year which mysteriously disappeared,really glad to see you back.Look forward to seeing this one come together,looks like the windscreen is already fitted with broken glass BigGrin .
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
jase
#8 Posted : 22 January 2016 23:13:50

nightwisher wrote:
Hi Jase, have to agree with modelmania I also thought you had gone after reading your last post of the year which mysteriously disappeared,really glad to see you back.Look forward to seeing this one come together,looks like the windscreen is already fitted with broken glass BigGrin .

LOL LOL LOL but I don't want broken glass Huh

-Mark Twain
jase
#9 Posted : 22 January 2016 23:14:59

I have ordered some resin figures but I am struggling to find a couple of 1:35 nurses any help appreciated

Jase
-Mark Twain
jase
#10 Posted : 22 January 2016 23:22:02

Be interested to see how you get on with this one. Lots of superglue so keepnthem fingers well,out of the way

I will be using Devcon 2 epoxy for the resin as this forms a much better bond

J
-Mark Twain
nightwisher
#11 Posted : 22 January 2016 23:40:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Master box Ltd do a large range of ww2 figures including some interesting looking ladies, maybe these could be converted.
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
Tomick
#12 Posted : 23 January 2016 00:42:16

Groups:

nightwisher wrote:

Your not privvy as to why it disappeared but one of the reasons was to protect Jase Sneaky
davetwin
#13 Posted : 23 January 2016 01:05:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's a cool looking kit Jase, look forward to seeing it come together BigGrin
ModelMania
#14 Posted : 23 January 2016 10:43:33

Groups:

jase wrote:
I have ordered some resin figures but I am struggling to find a couple of 1:35 nurses any help appreciated

Jase

Hello Jase,

Found some 1:35 WWII German nurses which could be modified to look British here? .... :

http://www.ebay.com/sch/...+WWII+Nurse&_sop=15

.... but it seems there are none currently available in the UK, only abroad, or at least on Ebay that is? It may be worth doing an internet search of UK retailers, using the manufacturers' kit details/numbers from those available on Ebay? It may be that there are one or two lurking in the dark reaches of UK model shops and at least you now know that there are 1:35 nurse figures out there - just gotta find them?!!

Hope that helps mate?

Kev Smile
ModelMania
#15 Posted : 23 January 2016 10:59:04

Groups:

ModelMania wrote:
jase wrote:

Jase

Hello Jase,

Found some 1:35 WWII German nurses which could be modified to look British here? .... :

http://www.ebay.com/sch/...+WWII+Nurse&_sop=15

.... but it seems there are none currently available in the UK, only abroad, or at least on Ebay that is? It may be worth doing an internet search of UK retailers, using the manufacturers' kit details/numbers from those available on Ebay? It may be that there are one or two lurking in the dark reaches of UK model shops and at least you now know that there are 1:35 nurse figures out there - just gotta find them?!!

Hope that helps mate?

Kev Smile

Update!!!!

Just found these at 'Historex' and it looks like they are currently 'in stock':

http://www.historexagent...ail.php?ProductCode=894

Hope that helps Jase?

Kev Smile
birdaj2
#16 Posted : 23 January 2016 11:07:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good find by Kev.

Along the same lines theis one is also nice but just the 1 lady figure

http://www.historexagent...de=2047&x=0&y=0

And this one

http://www.hfmodeling.co...showcontent&id=5143

And maybe this one as i seem to remember they wore khakis in the film rather than nurse uniform if i remember correctly

http://www.plasticmodels...garage-kit-japan-import/
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Plymouth57
#17 Posted : 23 January 2016 17:44:36

Hi Jase

I couldn't find anything much on the web either, Tony was right, the two nurses were wearing khaki overalls so your best bet might be one of the new RAF groundcrew sets with some added milliput Blushing or if you want the real feminine look, Preiser do a set of 1/32 (or 1/36?) multipose nude females which would give you the correct body shapes and faces - but then you'd have to sculpt the overalls!Crying

Best of luck!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
jase
#18 Posted : 23 January 2016 23:54:57

Thank you so much for all the links, some great finds. I have watched the film today and not only are the nurses not in nurse uniform they are in trousers. so I have found a spot in the move that I want to inspire my diorama, which is the point when they get to the full dump and there is a British solder dressed up as a bedouin. by this point one of the nurses is dead. so i am now trying to find one nurse and a an arab (sounds like the start of a joke LOL LOL LOL ) probably an ATS or Land girl would do it.

thanks again for all the help

Jase
-Mark Twain
ModelMania
#19 Posted : 24 January 2016 12:13:26

Groups:

Hello Jase,

Not sure what sort of pose you want for the Arab but 'Fields of Glory' do a half decent 1:35 Arab guy?:

http://www.fieldsofglory...--arabian-man-795-p.asp

Not cheap, though you might find it cheaper if you look around?! Hope that helps? ThumpUp

Kev Smile
jase
#20 Posted : 24 January 2016 12:59:24

ModelMania wrote:
Hello Jase,

Not sure what sort of pose you want for the Arab but 'Fields of Glory' do a half decent 1:35 Arab guy?:

http://www.fieldsofglory...--arabian-man-795-p.asp

Not cheap, though you might find it cheaper if you look around?! Hope that helps? ThumpUp

Kev Smile

Many thanks Kev and unusual for FOG its in stock LOL LOL its been ordered BigGrin
-Mark Twain