Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages <12345>
Ice Cold In Alex Options
tigerace
#41 Posted : 02 February 2016 21:07:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Looking good Jase ,very nice looking kitCool Phil
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

ModelMania
#42 Posted : 02 February 2016 23:13:35

Groups:

That Austin fire tender looks the business Jase, very nice indeed, even if the price is a little prohibitive, though I suspect that you get what you pay for as I know that 'Accurate Armour' has a great and well deserved reputation for producing high quality and fully comprehensive kits of some great subjects?!

Thanks for the link Jase and looking forward to your next update already mate - well done!! Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
jase
#43 Posted : 04 February 2016 23:14:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thank you so much for all the comments and interest so far.Blushing

On with the build...

The body work is being done in Tamiya dark yellow then given a satin varnish, one coat of varnish before decals are applied then one after before weathering.

The interior of the main body is Humbrol Cream, floors are red/brown seats and cushions are chocolate brown Vellajo.

Tyres are a 50/50 mix of Vellajo Dark blue grey and black

The cream intreria has been given a wash with Humbrol brown was. I have picked out corners and vents and any detail with the wash and then used enamel thinners to thin down and move about the wash. It may look a bit dark,but I feared a more subtle wash would disappear once the roof is on so went a bit heavier.

Two more figures have arrived. the topless chap will be my German Spy VanDer Pole, I will exchange the shell for a jerry can. I still have not sourced a nurse Confused Cursing

Thats it for now

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Gandale
#44 Posted : 04 February 2016 23:44:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice Jase, coming along beautifully......Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
jase
#45 Posted : 05 February 2016 22:20:01

Thanks Alan BigGrin
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
jase
#46 Posted : 16 February 2016 16:36:55

I have started some work on the Dio buildings today. I use epoxy glue to bond plaster buildings. 3 sides and the roof are in place for the main building, this will be left for 24 hours before the final side goes on.
the other building has also be glued to the base with epoxy I have then used polyfiller to build up the joint before surfacing is done.

Jase
-Mark Twain
arpurchase
#47 Posted : 16 February 2016 17:46:06

BigGrin looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

ModelMania
#48 Posted : 16 February 2016 20:57:09

Groups:

Making nice progress Jase, I'm really looking forward to seeing this build develop - well done. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
jase
#49 Posted : 17 February 2016 09:16:34

Thanks both for looking in BigGrin
-Mark Twain
jase
#50 Posted : 18 February 2016 23:48:37

I have finalised the Diorama positioning today. The back left L shape wall will be the backdrop for the fuel dump. the building on the right although prominent now will have Katie parked in front of her with cab facing to the right to give space for the two figures loading her up with fuel and water. between the full dump and Ambulance right at the front will be the conversation between the British Army arab and the captain. The Palm tree is an old verlinden palm tree of an old Diorama that i am going to beat new life into. I am hoping the hight of the tree will take away the dominance of the building.

The initial ground work is done in filler to give the plaster second covering something to grip to. My secret weapon on the scenery department is a bottle of stone and dirt I collected in Malta which should add some nice realistic texture.

I still have not located a suitable nurse, I may end up with her out of shotCrying

-Mark Twain
Plymouth57
#51 Posted : 19 February 2016 11:46:31

Looking ruddy great Jase! Love the wash effect on the interior Cool
Have a look at this one on ebay, the definition isn't brilliant on the figure but the lady in the white overalls with the bucket might have possibilities?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...47b3:g:YvAAAOSw~OVWwh3C

Ah, I thought that would put a direct link in! ( Ignore that - it did put a link in!) Try 1/32 scale farm workers on the ebay search.

Best of luck with this great build!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Warthog
#52 Posted : 19 February 2016 18:55:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Looking good Jase Cool will be a nice Dio to be proud of. Of all the models I've made in my years I've never done a diorama Crying one day maybe BigGrin

Spencer
Nemesis
#53 Posted : 19 February 2016 20:31:15

Wow!Blink BigGrin That looks awesome!!!Love Drool BigGrin
birdaj2
#54 Posted : 19 February 2016 21:01:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Coming along very nicely.

Been looking for ages for a magnetic gluing jig but the only one i can find is from the USA and that straight away triples the price in tax, shipping, handling etc.

Did you manage to get yours from the UK?
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
jase
#55 Posted : 19 February 2016 21:33:46

Thanks all for looking in and the interest.

Building a diorama gives you the opportunity to tell a story around your model, so quite enjoy them when I do them. anybody interested in a good Diorama book should look at this...

http://www.themodellingn...diorama-volii.html#more

Thanks for the link re the nurse, agree not quite got the definition of the other figures. I did find one I could use but it was £28 so not happening LOL LOL LOL

as for the magnetic build board, it is one of my favourite tools so versatile but unfortunately i got mine from Micromark in the US, however this following link may be helpful? I have purchased of this site before and they service is great.

http://www.airfieldmodel...netic_fixture_system_2/

Jase
-Mark Twain
jase
#56 Posted : 12 June 2016 17:21:40

Finally able to get back into this, 6 months in but not close to half way through the build, need to get cracking I think...

Final Diorama has now been planned, still no nurse!!!. planning the arrangement and taking some picks helps me with scenery placement.

i have used to plaster to smooth the surface and the palm tree has been fixed in place, less its foliage.

some 11 years ago i collected some dirt in malta, always new it would come in handy. I will be using this as some scater once the base colour is down.

more very soon

Jase
-Mark Twain
Plymouth57
#57 Posted : 12 June 2016 18:03:33

Great to see you back on this one Jase, a nice placement on the figures and vehicle etc, not too crowded but just 'busy' enough to work really well. That desert dirt will give a great sense of reality to the colour and texture of the ground work!
How are you getting on with your attic workroom now we've had a bit of summer sunshine on the roof!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
nightwisher
#58 Posted : 12 June 2016 19:32:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A nice composition Jase,think it will work well.Only a modeller would collect and keep dirt for eleven years lol. P.s your porridge looks disgusting.
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
jase
#59 Posted : 26 June 2016 17:08:45

Hi All,

Big thanks to those hoping in to take a look, and the attack work room is great, but i will need a window putting in!

So on with the show

Block colour is now largely in place after a grey prime of the whole thing. The white building was given white washes to bring out a patch feel. the brickwork on both buildings is a mix of chocolate and sand colours. the blue door is typical of the area. I have deliberatly done the plaster of the other building a different colour to not have to much white. the bricks have been dry brushed with sand, but much more work to do on this yet.

I mixed the sand colour from a combination of sand, buff and yellow. The same mix was then lightened with deck tan and dry pushed to add some definition to the texture.

The larger rocks of the scenery were then placed one by one using PVA to fix them. the smaller scatter was then distributed around them. i am happy with the end result.

Jase
-Mark Twain
Nemesis
#60 Posted : 26 June 2016 17:11:06

Looks fantastic jase, really coming along now.