Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Atholm Build Options
Atholm
#1 Posted : 14 December 2010 10:19:35

Groups: Registered

With the help of Tomick's build diary and Ben's PDF file I have completed the launch. It is not the same standard as the other builds on the forum but I have gain some good experience and hope the main hull will be an improvement.

karl1113
#2 Posted : 14 December 2010 10:33:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

hi atholm. theirs nothing wrong with your build,in fact it's good.the experiance will serve you well,now your pics are on photo bucket,why not click on the url address then paste it onto the page,then you will have the pic for all to see.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
karl1113
#3 Posted : 14 December 2010 10:38:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

just click on img code and paste to page.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

jonny7england
#4 Posted : 14 December 2010 11:02:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Atholm...Can't see any problems with your build at all mate....looking pretty damn good there...ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Atholm
#5 Posted : 14 December 2010 11:02:47

Thanks Karl
Quintin
#6 Posted : 14 December 2010 11:57:37

I take it you're getting your parts from cna... I haven't been able to get that fer yet, still waiting for my next mailing. should be here soon though... your boat looks fine though. Keep it up. Where did you finally buy your paints from?
Part time modeller, full time biker

Built: Pinta
Belle Poule (plastic)
Endeavour
Scratch build of Pirate ship "Neptune" (Based on cutter "HMS Aldebaran"
Current builds: Victory
Atholm
#7 Posted : 14 December 2010 12:36:30

Hi Quintin

I subscribe and have the first 10 issues issue 6 and 9 supplies all the parts except for 4 oars which I read some were are in a later issue to give you a total of 8 oars.

Using Ben's PDF the launch completed in issue 14.

I hope the paint is not a problem later but I used poster paint I bought from Wardkiss in Sidney Rd.

I should get my next delivery this week.

karl1113
#8 Posted : 14 December 2010 21:19:31

hi again athy,your welcome,'bout the poster paints you are using,try thinning down a bit and use more coats,will go on smoother.
p.s. if you click on my links,beside my pic,have a look at my upgraded launch.it is in blue fonts,(lettering)Laugh

Atholm
#9 Posted : 15 December 2010 07:49:52

Karl I did thin it down a bit but I have not learned to be patient yet and take time to to do things slowly. I hope it comes to me as it is not in my nature. I remember my dad saying to me on many occasions "Less haste more speed"
Atholm
#10 Posted : 14 February 2011 09:13:36

After looking at other launch builds I realized mine was far from the standard set on the forum. Therefore after some filler and hours of fine sanding and painting I think the launch hull has improved. I have now realised how many hours I will be sanding etc on the main hull and more important what the result of the efforts are.

Now for the update. Rib 15 worried my and after studying the hull ribs I noticed that the bottom of rib 15 was approx 1,5 mm from the bottom of false keel. I ed deepened the slot in the false keel to correct this and found that the deck supports lined up with the other ribs. I then added a plank to the top of rib 15 to bring it up of the level of the false keel.

The profile of rib 15 now also appears to be within the profile of the other ribs.

Atholm
#11 Posted : 14 April 2011 11:58:27

Hi All

I have continued my diary in the Victory build diaries as the following link

http://forum.model-space...;m=25269&#post25269