Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tameo 1/43 mp 4/23 Options
darbyvet
#1 Posted : 01 February 2016 05:41:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

I have almost finished my DeAg 1/8 MP 4/23 McLaren F1 car and I have been trying to figure out how to display it.I was going to pose it with a 1/8 Hamilton helmet, but I cant seem to find anyone with a 1/8 helmet.

So I have built a bunch of Tameo 1/43 kits and they may a MP4/23 kit. I figured I would pose that next to the 1/8 car instead.Not only would it make the 1/8 seem even bigger than it already is and it IS massive, but it would add a bit of visual interest.

Have you guys even built a Tameo kit? they are a ton of fun and take up hardly any shelf space (unlike the 1/8 car).They come in a variety of styles.Some are more like curbside kits, but some of their superkits have an amazing amount of detail for the scale.

The mp 4/23 is one of their silverline kits which is one of the simpler kits.There are about 100 pieces, mainly white metal with some photoetched parts and some decals.

SO here are a few pics of the kit.I will be starting it as soon as the 1/8 car is finished in about a week.I plan on using Alclad paints to replicate the chrome body.

Most of the metal parts I placed in a ziplock bag.I have found by experience that these TINY parts tend to disappear very quickly if you don't round them up and put them in a sealed bag.

darbyvet attached the following image(s):
mp1.jpg
mp2.jpg
mp3.jpg
MP4.jpg
MP5.jpg
MP6.jpg
ModelMania
#2 Posted : 01 February 2016 10:36:16

Groups:

Looks a very nice kit Darbyvet, very good quality and should build into a stunning companion for your 1:8 DeAg model?

I'm looking forward to watching your build - well done that man!! Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
RM1
#3 Posted : 01 February 2016 14:18:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

That looks like a really interesting kit. I shall certainly be following this build closely.BigGrin
Do the die-cast parts need much in the way of smoothing and getting into shape before painting?
Malc.

darbyvet
#4 Posted : 01 February 2016 15:27:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

RM1 wrote:
That looks like a really interesting kit. I shall certainly be following this build closely.BigGrin
Do the die-cast parts need much in the way of smoothing and getting into shape before painting?
Malc.

They need some light sanding, but are actually pretty nice with some good surface detail.

Carl

birdaj2
#5 Posted : 01 February 2016 16:08:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thats an unusual and very interesting kit. Not sure I have ever seen a die cast kits with so many parts included.

Interested to see how all of this one goes together.

Hope the build goes well for you.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
darbyvet
#6 Posted : 01 February 2016 16:30:37

birdaj2 wrote:
Thats an unusual and very interesting kit. Not sure I have ever seen a die cast kits with so many parts included.

Interested to see how all of this one goes together.

Hope the build goes well for you.

This is one of their simpler kits. Some of the WCT kits have over 300 parts and rival Tamiya F1 kits in detail.

Carl

stevie_o
#7 Posted : 01 February 2016 19:05:01

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

darbyvet
#8 Posted : 29 February 2016 04:43:25

I have spent the last couple of weeks building this car.I added the photoetched parts and the metal parts to the main body.It took some test fitting and the metal parts are very soft and not very tolerant of handling.it is now sitting in my spray booth as the primer dries.I will be adding the decals once the painting is done before I do the final assembly.

IMG_5503.JPG
IMG_5504.JPG
IMG_5505.JPG
IMG_5506.JPG
IMG_5507.JPG
birdaj2
#9 Posted : 29 February 2016 09:03:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Coming together very nicely. I would think this has many more challenges to say a plastic kit but its looking good.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
ModelMania
#10 Posted : 29 February 2016 12:01:12

Groups:

Nice work Carl, it's not easy working with white metal on such a small scale but those Tameo kits are very good quality and I'm sure you'll make a fantastic job of the build, looking forward to seeing more - well done so far!!

Kev Smile
darbyvet
#11 Posted : 29 February 2016 15:39:58

Thanks guys,
I thought about having it chromed, but it is so fragile I dont think it would survive the shipping.The attachment points for many of the parts are tiny and it is difficult to handle it without breaking or bending something

Carl

darbyvet
#12 Posted : 14 March 2016 01:53:58

it is finally finished.It was a struggle.The attachment points for many of the parts were tiny and even using epoxy things kept falling off.It was really hard to handle it without breaking something off it.The decals were terrible too.Very fragile and really difficult to get to stick to the body.Some of the decals were also TINY.

It almost got thrown against the wall a few times,but I resisted the urge.

Anyway here are some pictures.

Carl

tiny1.jpg
tiny2.jpg
tiny3.jpg
tiny4.jpg