Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
DeAgostini Thunderbird 2 model release Options
Onarawo Suru
#1 Posted : 05 February 2016 18:30:27

Groups: Registered

Hi guys,just got a sniff of a new weely being released in Japan by DeAgostini its a 1/144 scale Thunderbird 2 with a couple of pods and a variety of vehicles and will be 80 parts with magazine,TB2 is 57cm long thats a whopping 21 inches for those not into metric,does any one know if this publication and model is to get a UK release

cheers
Gordon
Onarawo Suru
#2 Posted : 05 February 2016 18:32:01

this is a link to the HLJ notification I saw on Hobbytalk

http://www.hlj.com/product/DIGWTH001/Sci

cheers
Gordon
Gandale
#3 Posted : 05 February 2016 20:19:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

This is all that has been said so far......

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=18148

Regards

Alan
birdaj2
#4 Posted : 05 February 2016 20:20:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Oh way to go Drool Gerry Anderson - well i must be one of the biggest fans.

I would go for something like this but not sure what the appeal would be with the younger generation in the UK as their versions of Thunderbirds have tended to be animated cartoons and a film which altered the look of eveything.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Onarawo Suru
#5 Posted : 05 February 2016 23:51:12

Thanks for that Alan,

Gordon
Metal Mech
#6 Posted : 06 February 2016 06:29:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I am in the US, never watched the show, but would totally go for this kit.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
Metal Mech
#7 Posted : 15 February 2016 12:58:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

So I took the plunge off the deep end with this and bought the first two issues from HLJ. Shipped out this morning and will be at my house Thursday. Will do a build thread for it. I will say that while the prices of the issues aren't bad the shipping from Japan is. It basically doubles the cost of the kit. For that reason and because the magazines are in Japanese I will be waiting for the (hopefully) US release. I have been doing some research on the kit best I could. From what I can tell the kit will come with two maybe three pods. It will come with 22 of the rescue vehicles including all four of the elevator cars. It has a remote that will activate lights and sounds, plus it will actually raise up and down on its legs via remote.

So yeah my curiosity got the better me and I wanted to check out the kit first hand. On a side note about shipping, DeAg is known to have the parts for the first couple issues in nice fancy packaging/blister packs. Once the kit starts coming in bags it may get cheaper, but there is way too much cool info I the magazine that will be missed out on if you can't read Japanese.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Taz
#8 Posted : 15 February 2016 14:00:25

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Metal Mech
I purchased the first issue last week and it has arrived today but I will not be able to look at it as I am at work. Have to wait a bit longer. I also was a bit inquisitive about the Partworks. It cost me £18 including postage, I think that's about $26.Be good to see what's in issue 2 when you receive it.
Regards
Taz BigGrin
“Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.”

Metal Mech
#9 Posted : 15 February 2016 15:18:44

Yeah I had to wait till payday to order them. Had hoped they should have shipped out last Friday but Thursday will be here soon enough. I did forget to mention I will probably be getting issue 3 and 4 from HLJ as well. If/when there is a U.S. release they are sent 4 issues per month so might as well round it off

DeAgostini kit builds:

darbyvet
#10 Posted : 15 February 2016 15:26:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Metal Mech wrote:
I am in the US, never watched the show, but would totally go for this kit.

You have to watch the show.It was awesome.There are some episodes on youtube.There is a reboot which is CGI animation which is nowhere near as good as the original, but still entertaining

Carl

Metal Mech
#11 Posted : 15 February 2016 15:59:24

I don't ever seeing one episode as a kid. It was the one where they landed the plane on the elevator cars. I never forgot that scene even though for a long me I didn't remember the show it came from.

I think it always stuck with me because it wasn't a perfect rescue. Even though hey did save the plane it didn't go perfectly.

DeAgostini kit builds:

darbyvet
#12 Posted : 15 February 2016 18:02:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Metal Mech wrote:
I don't ever seeing one episode as a kid. It was the one where they landed the plane on the elevator cars. I never forgot that scene even though for a long me I didn't remember the show it came from.

I think it always stuck with me because it wasn't a perfect rescue. Even though hey did save the plane it didn't go perfectly.

Yes they always liked to build the drama.The original UK episodes were extened for the US market.

Here are a couple of pics of the elevator car model kit that I built.This was a resin kit that builds into a really nice model.

darbyvet attached the following image(s):
ecar1.jpg
ecar2.jpg
birdaj2
#13 Posted : 15 February 2016 18:34:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

that elevator model is brilliant. I am a real Gerry Anderson fan and have just about everything he ever produced on dvd.

I can see you chaps are keen because the cost of those parts you are going for are well out of my price range but I do envy you having the chance to build this one.
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
darbyvet
#14 Posted : 15 February 2016 19:19:14

birdaj2 wrote:
that elevator model is brilliant. I am a real Gerry Anderson fan and have just about everything he ever produced on dvd.

I can see you chaps are keen because the cost of those parts you are going for are well out of my price range but I do envy you having the chance to build this one.

Did you read the book called "the vault".it is a history of all of the Gerry Anderson shows.it was a great read
birdaj2
#15 Posted : 15 February 2016 22:40:32

Not come Cross that particular book but about to search it out now.

I think what i love about the shows he put out (even if you hate puppets and all the rest of it) is the absolutly amazing detail that went into all of these shows. Thunderbirds, UFO, Captain Scarlett, and i could go on. But as model makers the attention to detail is something so unique.

And if you think how some of the craft used in these shows are so iconic - the space 1999 eagle for instance.

Thanks for the book title BigGrin
Happy Modelling

darbyvet
#16 Posted : 15 February 2016 23:13:00

birdaj2 wrote:

I think what i love about the shows he put out (even if you hate puppets and all the rest of it) is the absolutly amazing detail that went into all of these shows. Thunderbirds, UFO, Captain Scarlett, and i could go on. But as model makers the attention to detail is something so unique.

And if you think how some of the craft used in these shows are so iconic - the space 1999 eagle for instance.

yes and the shame is most of them were thrown in the garbage after filming.

I have a 44 inch Eagle that is based on one of the surviving Eagle kits.it is awesome

here is my Warp models 1/72 Eagle on a lift stand and my UNCL Thunderbird 1 finished and Thunderbird 3 in progress.

I also have a 30 inch TB3 in my stash.

darbyvet attached the following image(s):
eagle1.jpg
eagle2.jpg
tb1.jpg
tb3.jpg
birdaj2
#17 Posted : 15 February 2016 23:36:28

darbyvet wrote:
birdaj2 wrote:

yes and the shame is most of them were thrown in the garbage after filming.

I have a 44 inch Eagle that is based on one of the surviving Eagle kits.it is awesome

here is my Warp models 1/72 Eagle on a lift stand and my UNCL Thunderbird 1 finished and Thunderbird 3 in progress.

I also have a 30 inch TB3 in my stash.

I could so kick myself as i had that Warp eagle kit some years ago and like a fool sold it on in the belief i would never build it. Cast whiite metal and resin parts that needed some work but what a great kit.

Your renditions of the models look brilliant, and that eagle is stunning. Many thanks for sharing BigGrin
Happy Modelling

darbyvet
#18 Posted : 16 February 2016 00:06:45

Thanks.
The warp eagle was one of the worst kits I ever built.There was so much flash on the metal parts it took me hours to clean them up.The spine alone probably took me 10 hours to clean up. Now there re-release plastic Eagle is the way to go.

michu
#19 Posted : 16 February 2016 01:52:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Somehow I missed all these shows, I had no idea there was anything like that...
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Metal Mech
#20 Posted : 16 February 2016 01:55:21

I would love to have a flying model rocket if TB3

DeAgostini kit builds: